Sign in to follow this  
colonel_klink

Fishing boat pack revisited

Just an update on the progress of the next release of this pack.

Since the last release I have added a number of new things to this pack.

* Central to the core of this is STOTAT which gives 10 random sinking effects to the fishing boats.

* Working Lifejacket/lifering/liferaft

* 5 different sea rescue modes

* player can walk around fishing boat decks

* option to turn off animations and seagulls (as requested)

* police launch with working pursuit and rescue modes and with custom wreckage/sinking modes

* reduction in number of seagulls in the seagull contol and around fishing boats (as requested)

At the moment I'm ironing out a few of the scripting bugs, so there is no definite date for re-release.

pol2.jpg

Bigger color picture

has been a long time since last update, thanks very much for the news Col. Klink smile_o.gif

Ahhh, such great news. You almost gave me a heart attack. I thought that it was a release. Wow nice work on the police boat, it looks like a huge improvement. biggrin_o.gif Can't wait...it looks really great.

YEEHAA!

Great to hear again from you, Colonel_Klink (about the Fishing boats for sure)   tounge_o.gif

1 more day and i think i had started to bombard you with PMs wink_o.gif

THX a lot Klink! Great job!

Aye!

MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

Excellent stuff, I don't suppose there's any chance of you making the Orca is there? smile_o.gif

orca_-_boat_from_jaws.JPG

Jaws_1.jpg

walking around on the deck will be great! thx for your continued efforts!

on a related note:

- the current fishing boats under "empty" have the engine switched on by default, apparently without the possibility to switch it off

- when I fire a CoC torpedo towards the boat, the impact seems to take place ca. 3 meters removed from the boat, the boat itself remains undestroyed. must be an issue with some LOD?

could you have a look at that as well? thx

walking around on the deck will be great! thx for your continued efforts!

on a related note:

- the current fishing boats under "empty" have the engine switched on by default, apparently without the possibility to switch it off

- when I fire a CoC torpedo towards the boat, the impact seems to take place ca. 3 meters removed from the boat, the boat itself remains undestroyed. must be an issue with some LOD?

could you have a look at that as well? thx

-I think all ofp boats suffer the same engine sound being present when empty.

- havent tried the COC torpedoes with the fishing boats, but it may be a memory lod thing. Did this happen with all the fishing boats, or just certain ones?

1. didn't know about that, sorry. It could be so peaceful on the water ...

2. I only tried with the dilligaf. Didn't I send you the movie (still heavily beta)?

anyway, these boats make for a lot of atmosphere in naval ofp, the idea of attacking them was just a form of staging "collateral damage"

1. didn't know about that, sorry. It could be so peaceful on the water ...

2. I only tried with the dilligaf. Didn't I send you the movie (still heavily beta)?

anyway, these boats make for a lot of atmosphere in naval ofp, the idea of attacking them was just a form of staging "collateral damage"

Just checked Dilligaf. It had a number of extra memory points that I was experimenting with. Will check with the CoC torpedos when I get the chance. Thanks

Oh and Col. Klink... I remember once an addon you made, the Tiger gunboat... I still have it in OFP because it is the only boat so far that has a turning steering wheel... I wonder why don't all the boats have that... anyway, I was a bit disappointed when I was aboard the fishing boats with that beautiful wooden wheel and it didn't spin around when I turned the ship... could you implement that, please?? wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I was a bit disappointed when I was aboard the fishing boats with that beautiful wooden wheel and it didn't spin around when I turned the ship... could you implement that, please??

Thoust wish, Master, has already been fulfilled in the next release. I had forgotten about that until I was using the tiger myself and realised I hadn't done it on the fishing boats.. Come to think of it.. I have to check the launch as well.

On another note, over in the breathe section thanks to Scud ,Hardrock and others have helped me solve one of my rescue problems: The Police launch liferafts can now carry up to 8 survivors that can all be rescued by the launch or any other boat or chopper that has cargo spaces.

Col Klink,

I know I speak for a number of people eagerly awaiting your latest police launch addon... is there any more news, release date etc???

It looks great and I just can't wait!!

Still some scripting issues with the addon. I know its taken a while, but I'm learning this as I go along. smile_o.gif

Sorry no release date.. I found that making announcements like that leads to disappointment, or having to rush the addon out too soon.

Col Klink,

What would the chances be of you releasing a basic version of the police launch without any scripting (i.e. just a basic beta boat addon) almost as a teaser for those of us who just can't wait to get their sticky little mitts on the boat,

...and then building up to a release of the full boat with scripting etc as and when its ready for proper release! wink_o.gif

If not, then any chances you could send me a beta version!!??! please!?!?

Ahhh... I know that this is not a wishing thread, so Klinkster sorry about this , but: wink_o.gif

If there's any willing addonmaker passing by, could you consider making Mark V SOC, more info here. This would go well along with SJB Seals. smile_o.gif

How about a ridged raider or small assault craft?

There's one of these in the Finnish Defence Force Mod - it works quite well, as you can do an immediate full stop to get your troops out quickly.

Ahhh... I know that this is not a wishing thread, so Klinkster sorry about this , but: wink_o.gif

If there's any willing addonmaker passing by, could you consider making Mark V SOC, more info here. This would go well along with SJB Seals.  smile_o.gif

I've got plans to build the Mk V but it wouldn't be for a while, though.

Col Klink,

What would the chances be of you releasing a basic version of the police launch without any scripting (i.e. just a basic beta boat addon) almost as a teaser for those of us who just can't wait to get their sticky little mitts on the boat,

...and then building up to a release of the full boat with scripting etc as and when its ready for proper release! wink_o.gif

If not, then any chances you could send me a beta version!!??! please!?!?

lol I think you'd be disappointed in that. I'd have to strip the addon out of the pack and all the other stuff that it works with.

Never fear though. Only the damaged and exploded models to do and the whole kit and kaboodle will be released on.. lol you cant catch me out on that one. It will be released when it is ready and a basic mission is made...

Hey Colonel,

Just seen your post about the multiple gun positions on boats on another thread... is there any news about the police launch yet?rock.gif... and even... a ... release date??!!??! wink_o.gif

hello folks. id jsut like to announce, as a member of "Col Klink Inc" ive ofered to finish teh fishin boats and police launch for you all and get it out soon(ish)

got a few things to take care of first with the USCG mod, like enabling the USCG crew to swim when/if they fall in the water and get yall an HH65 out there too. then ill finish work on the police launch and fisihin boats

rescueatsea.jpgsmile_o.gif

in a looonng list of features for the police and fishing boats is too long to list at the moment so ill just tell you... theres stuff.. more stuff.. and other stuff in it smile_o.gif and some cool stuff to go with the other stuff biggrin_o.gif

thou i will warn you @ current the pbo size is 30 megs. thats all the fishin boats, dammaged models, police boat, rafts, life jackets, and a buncha other things. its 50 megs uncompressed but im compressing it tounge_o.gif

so the project isnt dead and i will get it to yall asap

Will it include sailboats? An odd thing to ask but many boats of the crews that need to be rescued from distress are from sailboats...

Good to her that this project didn't die!

Thx for doing this job, Pappy Boyington!

MfG MEDICUS smile_o.gif