Sign in to follow this  
Jahve

Norwegian forces studio

Patroling the streets of Tabu, Tonal, late evening:

I think you mean Tatu  wink_o.gif

The pics as well as the units look really nice  smile_o.gif

EDIT: corrected spelling

The wheels cannot be made rounder unless we adapt the BIS wheels style, which makes the wheels round when you look at them from the side, but the edges are square (straight angle from side of wheel to top/bottom of wheel)...

Hope that makes sense!

how about the original BW Mod wolf wheels they looked good or are they the same?

Yeah, OR my comp biggrin_o.gif

Next project on the line:

Footmunch's F-16 goes Norway.

More on that soon...

I wake up, sober up, all of this excellent work done. What a wonderful morning.

Have Norwegian units, when deployed, ever worn the Shemaugh? (Spelling anyone?) - I believe it's the traditional arab head-wrapping, probably see it on Bedouins a fair bit. It's the checkered piece of cloth seen on a lot of SF lately, for those who've no bloody clue. (Like myself.)

Yes, and as a matter of fact, we have a Shemag (that's how I've seen it spelt) in the works...

It will be used on our desert SF soldiers...

ATM, I'm just waiting for Marsuitor to come online again, and check it out/clear it before we post any screens here...

I wake up, sober up, all of this excellent work done. What a wonderful morning.

Have Norwegian units, when deployed, ever worn the Shemaugh? (Spelling anyone?) - I believe it's the traditional arab head-wrapping, probably see it on Bedouins a fair bit. It's the checkered piece of cloth seen on a lot of SF lately, for those who've no bloody clue. (Like myself.)

Shemaghs have long since become a commercial item for soldiers. Norwegians included. Whereas before they used to pretty much restricted to Arab armies and Brits on operations in parts of their former empire (Yemen/Aden, Palestine etc.) they have now become commonplace for just about everyone, be it on deployment to the Middleast or not.

For our part, it's not a regulation dress, nor issued, but something you wear in part to show respect for the Arab/muslim parties you're working with and/or by, as well as to "look cool" when around on patrol (It does look quite a bit better than anything we're issued). Just like SF and the very early Norwegian contingents to A-stan wearing the Pakhool hats and growing beards when among the civilian population, it builds bridges and shows you're somewhat on the same wavelength as the locals.

Cheers,

Marcus

I think they wear the Shemaghs mostly to keep cool I usually walk around with a black/blue T-shirt covering the back of my head whilst out on really hot summer days. Somehow it helps protect from heat, don't ask me how though smile_o.gif

Somehow it helps protect from heat, don't ask me how though smile_o.gif

The heat exerted on the garment causes moisture to evaporate, which in turn causes a lowering in temperature. I'm no physics doctorate, so that explains the very non-scientific explanation... wink_o.gif

However, try wrapping a bottle of soda in a wet towel and leave it in the sun on a warm summer day, you'd be surprised to see that after some time, the soda is nice and cool.

But yes, keeping cool is also a reason for wearing such an item, that's basically why Arabs have been using them since times gone. It also looks a whole lot better than hanging an OD t-shirt over your helmet/beret/boonie, whatever. :-) (where's that damn blink smilie!?)

Ill just post this, being bored and all:

jahve.jpg

New graphics! Looks like real tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Alright folks!

Shemag from side:

sside.jpg

Shemag with goggles:

sgoggles.jpg

These are early shots, and I am still improving the textures.

Looks great! Maby after the summer holiday then I'll get a new pc and install ofp again and help you guys out a bit since I know how to use o2 and Gmax and scripting.   rock.gif

Time to support your nation! tounge_o.gif

Excellent shots there Viking. I've got some nice ideas lined up, see you on MSN! biggrin_o.gif

Fred,

Sounds like a good plan. We'll see what happens. ;-)

is there any way you can make it look more wrapped around? not so much like a thick balaclava? i love it how it is now but it would be awesome if it was possible. wink_o.gif

SASR,

I'm not quite sure i understand.. Are you thinking of a more tight fit? Or that it covers the mouth? We're aiming for a rather loose look ATM to give it a more "worn it for hours on end today" look.

Thanks for comments smile_o.gif

I think he means that he wants it so that you can see there are several (thin) layers, not just one thick layer.

i hope you guys will make as good addons as the danes have

then i´ll moste probably (if i get a little help with cut scenes)

make a short Sweden/denmark/Norway campaign biggrin_o.gif

ofcourse starting with the biggest "nordic" joint exercise ever... containing most units from Sweden, norway and denmark (but not finland, since i dont want to use FDF)

and ofcourse the exercise will be interrupted by som "mysterical" accidents and sabotages... and when some soldiers get´s killed at night... well, it errupts to a hunt for whoever is sabotaging... biggrin_o.gif (will probably be quite a long intro scene....)

Cool! As said, the teaser isn't that far off, they'll have woodland and desert cammie versions. We hope that they'll be respectable enough even though they're earlier stuff. Stay put! ;-)

i mean you see when you look at your picture i just think that it looks more like a balaclava shape than somethat has been wrapped around the head. It is abit tight and not loose and sorta shaggy like a shemag. I dunno i like it anyway just thinking of ways you could make em look elite.

shemags.jpg

you see these ones are just a tad looser and look more like some that has been wrapped aorund the head.

No offence to any of your work seeing as i couldnt do any better tounge_o.gif