Sign in to follow this  
Bobcatt666

Ka50 pack by hawk

If hawk is reading this about your shadow problem if you cant fix it PM me and I help you out wink_o.gif

I am sure you can make shadows tounge_o.gif

Using the explorer tool for converting oldol format to mlod cuase a problem with all models so what you all do your shadow will not shown but the fix is very easy.

Hope you make some big ships as your next project or a Lcac wink_o.gif

A Lcac would be great and it could use the scrips from bas chinook to alow vehicles inside other vehicles.

BUMP!

A new version of this chopper has been released and it is still great.

The textures are nice, the weapon interchange system novel and innovative and the foldable gears are fantastic.

But please, please, please look into the turning capability of this excellent KA-50 release Hawk.

I would use this version in a heart-beat if it wasn't for this.

I know you can use the rudder to a much greater extent than any other chopper, but the rudder is only of use when the chopper is not moving with + or - velocity.

In addition the AI engagement path is now terrible as they try to overcompensate and just fly around in a circle now instead of strafing runs. If you want a sample mission of this I can send you one. PM me.

Otherwise this helo is fantastic. I don't usually say any negative comments about any addons as people work really hard on them and of course there free, but I really think this is a simple issue to fix and it currently 'hamstrings' a extremely versatile array of applications.

I'm reading this post and all things i will improove in next version. I 'm under construction of heli's -pack with rusians and americans helicopters (modified version of mi-28 A and N is ready but i'm waiting for dkmm's permission to relase it) and all of them will have changeble weapons and new configs and sounds and in some improoved models (like retractable gear in mi-24 smile_o.gif). for now i give to all interested link to current version (link is alwys the same but changing a file on server) KA-50 v 1.2

Would it be possible for you to also take a look at the BIS Su25 and equip it with these kind of scripts? That would be really nice smile_o.gif

I second that idea, SU-25 with FAB/OFAB's would be really nice.

BTW, have you though of adding an ejection seat (like in the Falklands mod's Sea Harrier) to your Ka-50's ?

probably yes (script for shot out blades is implemented) so eject seat is posible to use smile_o.gif

hawk; I don't know if it's already implemented, but could you hide the rotor-blades on the chopper after they get shot of by the script. I mean that by script you see a few rotorblades flying away, but afaik you can still see the rotorblades on the chopper. (removing them can be easiy done with 'setobjecttexture')

A real ejection seat would be very nice. Does the Ka-50 have such an ejection seat? I know the KA-52 (two seater KA-50) does.

I think the whole cockpit module is ejected IIRC.

Edit:Whoops I think I'm thinking of the Tigre

A real ejection seat would be very nice. Does the Ka-50 have such an ejection seat? I know the KA-52 (two seater KA-50) does.

Yes, it (Ka-50) does have a real ejection seat.

Quote[/b] ]probably yes (script for shot out blades is implemented) so eject seat is posible to use

It would be really nice if you'd implement a skript like that (ejection seat).

BTW, is it possible to retexture the cockpit of the Ka-50 ?

pretty much all of the new models (after the V-80 model) have a black cockpit (not blue like in OFP).