Sign in to follow this  
iNeo

Venus transit 2004

You guys need a better magnification. I was able to extract this data from one of the photos: venus wow_o.gif

Quick! take a picture of the English weather before it's gone! wow_o.gif

Got enough to stick in all the windows  smile_o.gif

You guys need a better magnification. I was able to extract this data from one of the photos: venus
lol  biggrin_o.gif

Just a few minutes ago i saw black smoke coming from across the road:

carfire.jpg

wow_o.gif

(oh and i removed the signs just in case any of you want to assinate me  blues.gif  biggrin_o.gif )

(oh and i removed the signs just in case any of you want to assinate me  blues.gif  biggrin_o.gif )

Is that really why? tounge_o.gif (sorry i couldn't resist)

w00t.jpg

ps. i'll remove it aspa if you want to  wink_o.gif

Is that really why? tounge_o.gif (sorry i couldn't resist)

[mg]http://w1.182.telia.com/~u18218217/film/w00t.jpg[mg]

ps. i'll remove it aspa if you want to  wink_o.gif

LMAO tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

sorry Nathanz. It made me piss my self. Silly Speedy smile_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Word of advise, use proper protection when trying to observe the transit. I used 4 layers of sunglasses that i held in one hand and watched through the lenses with one eye and stil got a flashburn.. ouch. My vision is now slightly blured on that eye but it´s getting better. I cross my fingers and hope i don´t get a permanent injury.. Aparently the real injury doesn´t show for a couple of hours from the initial injury. Stupid thing that they don´t have information on what kind of protection to use when they say on the tv that you can see the transit. I read just now on the net that you need atleast level 14 protection velding glass to safely observe the sun.. crazy_o.gif

But i did get to actually see Venus passing the sun.. whoohoo.. now if i only could get my eye back to normal.. biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

LMAO tounge_o.gif

Nahh don't remove it,  its close enough ... I'm smoking hot  wink_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Edit: I can show more pics if you want :wink wink:

I wonder how many people worldwide will suffer permanent retinal damage from today's event? rock.gif

I wonder how many people worldwide will suffer permanent retinal damage from today's event? rock.gif

That really wasn't necessary !!! mad_o.giftounge_o.gif

But seriously, There wasn't alot of people that suffered retinal damage from the last sun eclipse (unless I'm mistaken).

Probably the same number of people voted most likely to be nominated for a Darwin award later in life. biggrin_o.gif

my pics are shit  sad_o.gif

the cam did´nt have enough zoom (no optical at all) and also it looked kinda weird with the greenish from the welding-protector...

also i cannot get the pics from cam to pc because all our work pc´s are shit aswell...what a lovely day -going back to work to carry some more LPG tanks from point A to B  mad_o.gif

The weather is much better now but it's kind of over now I guess and I don't have anything to put over the lense anyway.

the cam did´nt have enough zoom (no optical at all) and also it looked kinda weird with the greenish from the welding-protector...

also i cannot get the pics from cam to pc because all our work pc´s are shit aswell...what a lovely day -going back to work to carry some more LPG tanks from point A to B  mad_o.gif

You seem to be suffering from solar flares.

The weather is much better now but it's kind of over now I guess and I don't have anything to put over the lense anyway.

Yeah same here.

You seem to be suffering from solar flares.

boooo for solar flares.

do they also make me sweat that much that my clothes are wet all the time ?

--

anyway, nice pic kegetys.. everyone here like´s it too smile_o.gif

About 98 people suffered retinal damage in Germany back in '99.

My eyes are better, yay smile_o.gif

And they deserved it - damn, there were free 'eclipse' glasses available everywhere!

The weather is the same here as it was this morning,  I know I wont be able to get a good nights sleep tonight dry.gif

sun.jpg

Citrus sinensis transit..

Who really needs to wait for a venus transit to get a nice pic? tounge_o.gif