Sign in to follow this  
Mellis

Mcnool's pacific island

Textures

heres some quick textures i did (in tga format. . so u need to convert them) for u to use if u cant get the nam ones to work. thier semi-transparent to blend in with whatever ground texture you have there

try it

use it

dont use it

dont matter to me.

just figured ill give ya something to work with til u can get a dirt strip from seb workin

depbo original eden.pbo and cain.pbo and copy the missing textures to folders with depboed hi-res textures, then makepbo these 2 folders and here you go. wink_o.gif

I hope that was clear enough... lol. rock.gif

You mean all files from original eden.pbo and cain.pbo? rock.gif

crazy_o.gif

*Hint* You try to copy all original textures to the folder with decompresed hi-res textures and when you're asked "overwrite?" then you select no. Easy, huh? *hint*

Dang, Avon should make a step-by-step explanation what to do in The Faq. wink_o.gif

on the subject of texture.

runway.jpg

mcnool you sent me the grass

i made the dirt

Runway: Mid & End

Taxiway: mid, turn1, turn2, parkway (connecting parking circle for planes or helos)

Enjoy!

^download link

Edit: thats final. i deleted all the stuff off my HD tounge_o.gif

Ahh.. thanks mate.. you art teh friend biggrin_o.gif

Awsome island.... but this guy obviously isn't a pilot, otherwise he wouldn't have put a village at the end of the runway!!!! But then again OFP isn't that great for fixed wing aircraft anyway. Still it is fun to watch the AI crash their planes through someone's house.

Awsome island.... but this guy obviously isn't a pilot, otherwise he wouldn't have put a village at the end of the runway!!!!  But then again OFP isn't that great for fixed wing aircraft anyway.  Still it is fun to watch the AI crash their planes through someone's house.

It's not that bad. I mean, Nogova's island airport has a hill covered in trees with a larger hill with a watch tower at the front of it. Anyone taking off better hope the plane is strong enough or they'll tear themselves in half when they either hit the trees or the hill. Landings is a pain too.

Awsome island.... but this guy obviously isn't a pilot, otherwise he wouldn't have put a village at the end of the runway!!!!  But then again OFP isn't that great for fixed wing aircraft anyway.  Still it is fun to watch the AI crash their planes through someone's house.

haha yes I know It is abit stupid.. But the airport is made for a DC-3 and it can land very easily there... The only problem is when you want to turn around and take off again.. Since in reality planes like the DC-3 can turn fully around on the same spot.. but.. well well.. The airport is mostly for hostage rescue missions and such

mcnool i fixed that taxiway to runway bug. i added in a runtax which is like the mid section only with an extended part to meet with the taxiway

Ah! Thank you mate.. I'll contact you on msn

Ah! Thank you mate.. I'll contact you on msn

guess i shoulda manetioned i reuploaded them biggrin_o.gif

sorry i forgot. u coulda downloaded them at anytime after that post tounge_o.gif

just checked it out!

I like it but the roads are bad, all that mismatching and overlapping.

Try wrptool its better than wrpedit, for roads and such, a hell of alot better for roads.

Nice apart from that, as this is the 1st island that i have felt was very diferent to others.

lastly maybe new textures than the everon 1s would help alot.

and maybe remove 1 or 2 of the broken cars and tyre piles, just a few too many for me.

As for naming them i'm sure u could get help with that, if u post in another section of the forums, or maybe depbo, other islands and see how they did it.

I downloaded this island when it came out and it's great, but I recently installed the Hi-Res CWC Islands by SpaceAlex and Fatwombats ground textures and it resulted in THIS. any ideas on how to fix it without removing anything?  rock.gif

Cap.

I downloaded this island when it came out and it's great, but I recently installed the Hi-Res CWC Islands by SpaceAlex and Fatwombats ground textures and it resulted in THIS. any ideas on how to fix it without removing anything?  rock.gif

Cap.

using hi res replacment islands for everon malden or kolgjev will cause problems with every last island made.

those hi res islands were a good idea when thinking about it. . .but inteh long run caused 5 times more problems then they are worth crazy_o.gif

Cap.

Read my posts in this thread 1-2 pages back...