Sign in to follow this  
MEDICUS

New stars and moon

Has anyone made a russian AA weapon to replace the old strela? I just replaced the strela with the american AA rocket launcher for the time being so I dont get that CTD. Is there another way to depbo data3d.pbo and repbo it and make it work properly?

this is very strange, ive dpbo'ed my data3d.pbo with Amalfi's PBO Decryptor1.5 and repacked it with Amalfi's Make PBO with Res pbo default compression countless times and ive never had any problem.

thats what i use. but i check the log and it says

strela_proxy.pbo

Extraction result: CHECKSUM Error!

Hmmm so we are all but doomed? sad_o.gif

only if u dont mind changin OFP's config to use the stinger model

thas what i did biggrin_o.gif

Did you tried doing what Agent Smith said?

Did you tried doing what Agent Smith said?

i did. it happend with every version of the data3d.pbo

cwc, res, and i borrowd a freinds goty. same result

We can climb the mountins

We can swim in the seas

We can walk on the moon

But we can't change the stars sad_o.giftounge_o.gif

is it phisicaly possible to create a tool that swaps a .p3d file in a compressed .pbo to another which is external to it?

oh crap...it turns out that my 9K32_Strela_proxy.p3d is corrupt as well sad_o.gif as i dont want to stop using stars i copied Stinger_proxy.p3d , renamed it to 9K32_Strela_proxy.p3d compressed the whole affair and its sorted....except that stinger and strela are twins now crazy_o.gif

Hmmm, just installed the new stars with supplied Kegetys' installer and tried out Strela and guess what... it's completly intact. You really should use this installer instead of depbo-makepbo. smile_o.gif

I used Unpbo and Makepbo to install, the stars/moon/ocean/sky/INQ's NVG/WGL compass and NVG optics and haven't had a single problem. rock.gif

I used Unpbo and Makepbo to install, the stars/moon/ocean/sky/INQ's NVG/WGL compass and NVG optics and haven't had a single problem.  rock.gif

Have you tried to use them on a server?

Hmmm, just installed the new stars with supplied Kegetys' installer and tried out Strela and guess what... it's completly intact. You really should use this installer instead of depbo-makepbo.  smile_o.gif

yea cept not all of us are rocket scientests and can figure out how to use a complex installer. i proly could but its way to much trouble to download the skys again find the installer thingy figure it out then edit what i need to edit.

i just live with all sides usin stingers

I used Unpbo and Makepbo to install, the stars/moon/ocean/sky/INQ's NVG/WGL compass and NVG optics and haven't had a single problem.  rock.gif

Have you tried to use them on a server?

No, what would be the problem?

edit: would it be the 'Bad file format in p3d file.' error? mad_o.gif

Bah I did use Keg's Installer...but it would only install the moon...not the stars. sad_o.gif

Bah I did use Keg's Installer...but it would only install the moon...not the stars.  sad_o.gif

I believe this is because Keg's installer only replaces textures in data.pbo, the stars are actually a 3d model, you need to manually Unpbo data3d.pbo and replace them there.

@llauma or anyone who knows...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">'Bad file format in p3d file.'

If both server and client are running the same files will this error still occur? rock.gif

Captain

I did that way long back and it work...but got the Strela problem

I did that way long back and it work...but got the Strela problem

i am really glad im not the only one

someone email BIS and tell them to send us the strela model tounge_o.gif

OK,

I tested it and tested it again and again. The moon works excellent and the stars, too. But if i try to play a "Day-Mission" with the stars.p3d in the HWTL\Data3d.pbo, i CTD with an error-message like this: Bad p3d file.

Any idea why?

Mfg MEDICUS

OK,

I tested it and tested it again and again. The moon works excellent and the stars, too. But if i try to play a "Day-Mission" with the stars.p3d in the HWTL\Data3d.pbo, i CTD with an error-message like this: Bad p3d file.

Any idea why?

Mfg MEDICUS

Med. One ideá to get it installed correct and work fine; put the files included into an autoinstall, like the one that arrives in Lluma, Kegys skypack. Works fine after that biggrin_o.gif

Med. One ideá to get it installed correct and work fine; put the files included into an autoinstall, like the one that arrives in Lluma, Kegys skypack. Works fine after that  biggrin_o.gif

Yes, i tried that. And it works fine with the "new moon". But the stars doesn't work that way for me sad_o.gif

Think cause the installer only puts the paas and p3ds in the data.pbo and not in the data3d.pbo.

MEDICUS

if someone can get a strella p3d file and send it to me i might be able to config it as an addon to be run instead of the default one without needing any config editing

Med. One ideá to get it installed correct and work fine; put the files included into an autoinstall, like the one that arrives in Lluma, Kegys skypack. Works fine after that  biggrin_o.gif

Yes, i tried that. And it works fine with the "new moon". But the stars doesn't work that way for me sad_o.gif

Think cause the installer only puts the paas and p3ds in the data.pbo and not in the data3d.pbo.

MEDICUS

That might be right.. I modified the installer for Silensians sea pack so it would only install textures and copy the data3d.pbo's instead of unpacking them and packing them again for no purpose. So don't use Silesians install.bat for anything else than texture changing.

I exchanged the strela with the strela-demo model as that one isnt corrupted. But now I get an error-message when the missile hits something, but only the first shot: "Cannot load mipmap data/fired.108.paa". After that error message there is no more problems.

The fired.108.paa can be fixed, Im sure. And now I dont have any CTD.  biggrin_o.gif

I exchanged the strela with the strela-demo model as that one isnt corrupted. But now I get an error-message when the missile hits something, but only the first shot: "Cannot load mipmap data/fired.108.paa". After that error message there is no more problems.

The fired.108.paa can be fixed, Im sure. And now I dont have any CTD.  biggrin_o.gif

Just find the fired.108.paa somewhere among the demo files and put it into the newdata dir.

anderson if you could send me that paa and that strela model id be greatful. id like to make it an addon availble to all who have that problem.