Sign in to follow this  
colonel_klink

Utopia aircraft shelter addon

Right. Some people will be experiencing some lod problems with this building. The reason for this is either your graphics card, or the OFP preference settings. The two computers used to test the building only had the problems you suggest when the Object LOD settings are too high. Mine is set to 0.005 and/or the Geometry performance is not set high enough. Mine is set to the maximum.

Also the proxy models only show up in the highest lod (0.00) and if a lower lod is visible some of the detail will not be present, but you will collide with invisible objects because the proxies' geometry lod is still there.

The reason for this is that although the proxy models have their own geometry lod when they are used as proxies, I have had to manually build the collision objects in the shelter geometry lod itself.

I'm putting up a fix for the lower lods so that the proxies will be visible. As for other detail loss I cannot do much about that except you look at your preference settings under the Advanced button.

Kewl smile_o.gif

Great addon.

I have only noticed that inside, on one of switches on the wall with main gate (lowest one) texture is mirrored like it would be on outside?

Office stuff is great too smile_o.gif, but as Mac user i gently please of table with Mac too ;)

Good eye for detail. This must have happened when I was copying and pasting. Never fear. In the next day or so I will upload a fixed version (isn't this fun). Will include some more sounds for the doors which I had sadly omitted.

Kewl smile_o.gif

Great addon.

I have only noticed that inside, on one of switches on the wall with main gate (lowest one) texture is mirrored like it would be on outside?

Office stuff is great too smile_o.gif, but as Mac user i gently please of table with Mac too ;)

Good eye for detail. This must have happened when I was copying and pasting. Never fear. In the next day or so I will upload a fixed version (isn't this fun). Will include some more sounds for the doors which I had sadly omitted.

and make the laddar climbable tounge_o.gif

Great Job Colonel!

One thing I noticed is the bombs on the rack go white after being destroyed (nice secondary effect though!). Not sure if this was fixed in the last texture update or due to the settings issue. Also, I did not see any door names for the animation phases. The reversed lettering was and on alot of switches, not just the one previously mentioned in an earlier post, but you probably figured that one out already. A keeper as is none the less. Keep up the fantastic work!

Wadmann

Great Job Colonel!

One thing I noticed is the bombs on the rack go white after being destroyed (nice secondary effect though!). Not sure if this was fixed in the last texture update or due to the settings issue. Also, I did not see any door names for the animation phases. The reversed lettering was and on alot of switches, not just the one previously mentioned in an earlier post, but you probably figured that one out already. A keeper as is none the less. Keep up the fantastic work!

Wadmann

Hi

The bombs going white should not have been seen as it is the lowest lod (100) and had not been textured. as i didn't think they would be seen at that distance. sad_o.gif However, thanks for pointing that out. The addon was made nearly two years ago, and I didn't recheck it. Will be fixed in the next release.

I'm writing up the init door animation commands for the next readme file as well.

P.S. reversed lettering all fixed now smile_o.gif

An update to the Shelter:

May 30 Release 1.0.1 Changelog:

* Updated lower lods to show details.

* Fixed some face lighting issues

* Fixed reversed switch textures

* Added white brick textures to office/toilet/switchroom walls

* Added and improved sounds for all doors

* NEW model Oxy-Acetylene Gas Welding Plant Addon

gas.jpg

Also Added into Readme.exe file:

Door animation commands from within OFP Editor

Download from the link at the beginning of this thread. Enjoy..  biggrin_o.gif

P.S.

Oh, and the Shelter is wrpTool friendly.

Thanks Bonko, nice to see that someone appreciates the extra effort biggrin_o.gif

Did it blow up well for you?

Kewl.

I have just checked your updated shelter,really great work.

But i have a little problem - u have put inside one generatior in space for plane, so i can't use it at all sad_o.gif

I have used this addon in editor.

I've just checked it out. Amazing models, as usual. Top quality addon. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I've just checked it out. Amazing models, as usual. Top quality addon.

Thanks ag_smith. I enjoy your addons too.

Quote[/b] ]But i have a little problem - u have put inside one generatior in space for plane, so i can't use it at all

I'm thinking of removing some of the props (ie generator) in the next release. Just looking for a suitable 'new' prop to add to the next release. maybe another couple of ladders and some other air maintenance stuff.. suggestions are welcome

Quote[/b] ]I've just checked it out. Amazing models, as usual. Top quality addon.  

Thanks ag_smith. I enjoy your addons too.

Quote[/b] ]But i have a little problem - u have put inside one generatior in space for plane, so i can't use it at all

I'm thinking of removing some of the props (ie generator) in the next release. Just looking for a suitable 'new' prop to add to the next release. maybe another couple of ladders and some other air maintenance stuff.. suggestions are welcome

big red craftsman toolbox in the corner with a drawer and lid open showing some tools smile_o.gif

Pappy you've got the right idea as they are very important to have when dealing with engines etc (LOL).

Hope the Colonel doesn't forget to add the obligatory Sledge-hammer for when things arn't going quite right (LOL again).

Sounds good so far. I think a sturdy work bench and vise might be handy too. Its been suggested an overhead crane for lifting bits of the planes too, but that will be a permanent fixture in the hanger.

Sounds good so far. I think a sturdy work bench and vise  might be handy too. Its been suggested an overhead crane for lifting bits of the planes too, but that will be a permanent fixture in the hanger.

u need pics of the tool box? i can get pics for ya. . . sign online and let me know within the next 5 minutes cuz im hungry and im goin for a snack then. i can get the pics on my way down lol

Maybe some first aid kits on the walls, if somebody would miss this Sledge-hammer? wink_o.gif

And in "command room" a little "military aprooved" pin-up girl on the wall? Or poster? With possibility of changing texture.

Or a little bookshelf with "F-16 maintenance" or "How to fly F-18 in short 12 steps"? with changeable backs biggrin_o.gif

And somewhere rack for rifles?

Near switches plates "Opening routine" or something like that?

And not strictly connected with this addon - some MP's to keep eyes on all those crazy pilots wink_o.gif

Greetings Col. Klink, another great addon once again.

I don't want to make a post to just draw people into one of my own threads, but there is something I wanted to ask/suggest regarding the nice addons objects you have for ground support. Maybe you can also check on the thread I have yourself, to get more info? It's in the Addon Discussion area, post is titled Aircraft Towing.

Many of us have been trying to find something like an addon pack that includes all kinds of ground support objects such as a towing tractor, realistic refueller, bomb loaders, bomb carts, etc. So far, the items in this release already fill in for a couple of the items, and I was wondering if you had any plans on building any more items along this line?

I also have a Alpha version of a towing tractor, with a functioning realistic tow script for planes. The author is still working on it, and you can see more info plus the link in my thread. But we still need many other items for more realistic modern aircraft missions that need support equipment. Would love to hear what you already have plans for. smile_o.gif

Again great job Col Klink with these addons, I am courious tho.I hate to nag you.But remember that beautiful PBY BlackCat you showed me a screen of before...is there any progress on that? If you get a chance could you post some screens for the folks that didn't see it?

Again great job Col Klink with these addons, I am courious tho.I hate to nag you.But remember that beautiful PBY BlackCat you showed me a screen of before...is there any progress on that? If you get a chance could you post some screens for the folks that didn't see it?

See A & M

Hi everybody,

i like this hangar very much, and i really wanna use it on my island. Now i have one problem, the grey is a bit too shiny for the nogova green textures i wanna use them on, and its supposed to be a military base (barracken addon) green next to them.

Any chance you could incluede a green or camo version of it in the next version? That would be really nice.

Thx in advance.

Daywalker biggrin_o.gif

I had thought about camo versions when I was building it but was running out of spare time. I may do one like that in the future.

Would be really nice of you, cause the grey is cool for the desert, but since your hangar shows a military backround

(duty officer) i thought i use it on my bases. but right now its really to bright.

Ill post a screenshot later on and you'll see. I could get somebody just to make the textures and then send them to you:)?

regards,

Day biggrin_o.gif

Yeah that would be cool. I'm removing the generator and gas bottles out of the inside on the next release as well. this will allow people to place some of the larger aircraft in the shelter.

Hi Colonel,

i asked a buddy to get on the textures. Here are some screens. He isnt finished, cause there is still some grey parts inside but just so you see what i ment with shiny=P

Your Hangar:

hangargrey.JPG

Retexured in Green Camo:

hangargreen.JPG

More screens you'll find here:

Screenshots

I would like to send you the textures once Eddy is done.=P

Take care.

Day biggrin_o.gif