Sign in to follow this  
dinger

The chain of command tomahawk pack v. 1.0

*** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ***

May 14, 2004

The Chain of Command announces the release of their Tomahawk Pack v. 1.0, a Chain of Command Unified Artillery Plug in.

cmlogo2.jpg

Readme:

Quote[/b] ]

VERSION 1.0

MAY 14, 2004

<span style='font-size:6pt;line-height:100%'>

3D MODELS: BN880, JOSTAPO.

TEXTURES: BN880, DENOIR.

EFFECTS: BN880, JOSTAPO, DINGER.

MATRIX PATHFINDER: DENOIR.

ARPM PATHFINDER: BN880.

GUIDANCE: BN880, JOSTAPO.

CONFIG VOODOO: BN880, JOSTAPO, DINGER.

UA INTEGRATION AND CONTROL SYSTEMS: DINGER.

SOUND EFFECTS: BN880, JOSTAPO, DINGER.

RADIO MESSAGES: DINGER.

MISSION DESIGN, CUTSCENES, VIDEO IMPLEMENTATION: DINGER.

THANKS TO: TACTICIAN, ANGUSHEAF, PHAEDEN.

Original soundtrack, "Espionage" by Cassandra G.</span>

CoC_CM does not need any other addons for basic functionality (=tomahawks can fly around like AI aircraft, and blow up like cruise missiles).

For Tomahawks to be really cool, however, CoC Unified Artillery (CoC_Arty.pbo) must be installed.

The missions in this pack all require CoC_Arty.pbo.

CoC_CM is compatible with CoC_Arty v. 1.0 and v. 1.1. (1.1 not currently released)

[*]After installing files, users should play the mission "CM Intro: Eyes on the Ground".

[*]CoC_cmintro also has an intro cutscene. Once again, proper preparation is necessary. Please ensure pants are set to STDBY.

[*]CoC_cmintro is a single-player game, but can also work as a 4-player coop mission.

[*]CoC_cruisefight is a test mission demonstrating how to make a 3-way battle with cruise missiles.

[*]CoC_cmtemplate should have most of what is need for full functionality (markers and such). For basic functionality, all you need is a radio, an obelisk and a launcher.

[*]CoC_cmbludemo, CoC_cmwdudemo, and CoC_nukedemo show how to set up the cruise missiles to fly and detonate without using UA.

[*]CoC_cmbludemo2 shows how to pass the cruise missile into the terminal guidance system.

Units:

Launchers:

CoC_CruiseLauncher; CoC_CruiseLauncherE; CoC_CruiseLauncherG

Launcher Magazines: (1 mag = 1 Tomahawk of type)

CoC_WDU25, CoC_BLU97, CoC_CMNUKE

Missiles/weapons/mags

CoC_TomahawkBlock2WDU, CoC_TomahawkBlock2NUKE, CoC_TomahawkBlock2WDUE, CoC_TomahawkBlock2NUKEE, CoC_TomahawkBlock2WDUG, CoC_TomahawkBlock2NUKEG,

carry weapon: CoC_Payload

with mags: CoC_WDU25wh and CoC_CMNUKEwh

CoC_TomahawkBlock2BLU, CoC_TomahawkBlock2BLUE, CoC_TomahawkBlock2BLUG

carry weapon: CoC_Bluload

with magS: CoC_BLU97wh

Game Logic switches:

Make Launcher Destructible: creates a static submarine under the launcher location. If submarine is damaged, the launcher attached to it becomes INOP.

Camera modes: Cheap SP-only cameras for following the cruise missile in flight.

Known Bugs:

When using UA 1.0, and with UA markers enabled, returns a bug when Tomahawk launcher is selected.

Fixed in UA 1.1.

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Downloads at:</span>

http://www.downloads.thechainofcommand.net/

http://www.ofpec.com/addons/addon_detail.php?ID=463

Woohoo!!!

Pure goodness!!!

Always enjoy Chain of Command addons

good job!

a clarifcation: the "Submarine" isn't much -- just a big fat submerged target to sink. The "launcher" itself is invisible. A mission editor could link any one of a number of fine boats to the launcher.

interesting. tested it out using UA (since thats the only way it works) found that it misses the set waypoint by 100m everytime

finnaly getting fed up with the normal warheads not hitting anything i attempted to use the nuke version. everytime i requested it the fire mission was denyed

misses the set waypoint?  You mean the target? And 100m?

How is it missing? Long? Short? Wide? Does it miss in the intro too?

This on every place, or on a specific target area?

Does it vary if you change priority? (The higher the priority, the more aggressive the pathing, and the more likely you are to get precision error)

Is acceltime on during the flight (OFP is less precise at higher rates)?

As for the Nuke, that was by choice. If you request more missiles of a type than are available (like 1 when there are 0), it will deny the mission.  You can add a warhead to the launcher by doing a this addmagazine "CoC_CMNuke". Or you can just place the Nuke launcher on the map.

misses the set waypoint?  You mean the target? And 100m?

How is it missing? Long? Short? Wide? Does it miss in the intro too?

This on every place, or on a specific target area?

Does it vary if you change priority? (The higher the priority, the more aggressive the pathing, and the more likely you are to get precision error)

Is acceltime on during the flight (OFP is less precise at higher rates)?

As for the Nuke, that was by choice. If you request more missiles of a type than are available (like 1 when there are 0), it will deny the mission.  You can add a warhead to the launcher by doing a this addmagazine "CoC_CMNuke". Or you can just place the Nuke launcher on the map.

i tested mainly on the desert island. nogovo + any type of explosion = lag

desert island editor missions

blu demo- tested 3 times everytime fell between 50 and 100m short

UA-CM test (editor mission sent in file): set waypoint on the map over shot it by 50 to 100m then too

missions tested in the MP mission editor (i cant start my game up to main menu i start it up to MP editor) with just myself there

priority now that you mention it did affect it somewhat. under normal circumstances (unchanged default priority) it was off by 50m (needless to say i was able to compensate later on by setting the waypoint shorter) at high priority it missed by 100m.

now the good news is. . .is like the UA does about 80% of the time.  . . it that is misses the target enough times and by a standard ammount (like i said 50 to 100 each time) that im able to compansate. so if i want to hit a target at xyz then i aim the waypoint 50m closer to the launch site so that it will be dead on.

edit: might i suggest that you revisit your torpedos to be more ecp compatable or perhaps discuss over PM what the problem is with it config wise so that perhaps i can make the adjustment myself because i have a few missions that rely on my torpedo usage and i dont like getting spear headed by the mysterious black line that apperes every so often

i tested mainly on the desert island. nogovo + any type of explosion = lag

desert island editor missions

blu demo- tested 3 times everytime fell between 50 and 100m short

UA-CM test (editor mission sent in file): set waypoint on the map over shot it by 50 to 100m then too

missions tested in the MP mission editor (i cant start my game up to main menu i start it up to MP editor) with just myself there

priority now that you mention it did affect it somewhat. under normal circumstances (unchanged default priority) it was off by 50m (needless to say i was able to compensate later on by setting the waypoint shorter) at high priority it missed by 100m.

1. Which version of OFP are you using?

2. Add this line to the init of any object:

"CoC_CMdebug = true"

Shoot a tomahawk and note two things. One is before the launch when it says "Course plotted using pass X", where X is a number. What was the number? When the missile hits there is a line saying "Distance from target: y m" where y is another number. What was that number?

cmdebug1.jpg

cmdebug2.jpg

i can't download the pack from any of these mirrors! Can someone please post a working mirrior?

looks at explosion in last pic and screams wishing he really didnt have an exam in 2 hours time sad_o.gif so he could test it out

Hi PBrechler

Just checked both links working for me.

Kind Regards Walker

will shilkas and tunguskas open up on these things as they fly by or are they just some sort of super missile like a helfire or something and thus the ai wont attack them?

Hi AJ

Anti Air will fire on them  smile_o.gif

Try a whole bunch of AA round a town then sit in the town hall and launch missiles at different targets.

The airfield is a great place for this too.

Kind Regards Walker

Awesome... Top notch addon from CoC as usuall!

@ Walker: Don't know if you remember but long time ago we talked about a searchlight object, any progress?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Hi KeyCat

I do it is used in the ECP for lighthouses. I do intend to revisit it but we have some rather important projects on at the CoC and I am a bit busy at the mo sad_o.gif

As to addons my main priority is to put out scuba divers but even that is on the back boiler at the moment as I said there is more important work at the mo. wink_o.gif

Kind Regards Walker

Fully understood Walker! If/when you make any progress on

a "stand alone" search light object let us all know...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)