Sign in to follow this  
Peter_13

Vdv pack v2.0 by orcs

English version of readme:

Quote[/b] ]

ORCS Development Studios - RF Airborne Troops. Version 2.0. Operation Flashpoint - Resistance Add-on.

1. System requirements:

- Operation Flashpoint v.1.91 by BIS

- Note: Models\textures resolution is high enough to slow down some PCs

2. Contains of:

- ICP_rfwp.pbo - Russian weaponpack (By: Rus_Partizan ft. Laser[ORCS], Denorc[ORCS])

- lsr_vdv.pbo - Russian Airborne Troops Pack (Model\Texures by Laser[ORCS])

- icprpg7.pbo - RPG Rocket Launcher Pack: Denorc[ORCS] from Kegetys& Suchey models.

# ###################################################################################################################

# #

# Attention: delete icp_weaponpack.pbo before use!!! #

# #

################################################################################################################

3. Instructions:

Place all *.pbo files into your Operation Flashpoint: Resistance \Addons folder

4. Copyrights

All used models\textures belongs to ORCS Development Studios ® and ORCS particular members. If you want to retexture, remodel or export some parts

of our work, please contact us by email: denorc@newmail.ru

5. Contacts:

WEB: http://www.orcs.nm.ru

Opened Forum: http://forum.tlt-info.ru/viewforum.php?f=26

E-mail to: denorc@newmail.ru

6. "RF Airbornes" Project:

-------------------------------------------------------

Modellers\texturers\cfg-writers

- Laser[ORCS]

- Denorc[ORCS]

Beta-test & Military Consulting:

- Swan[ORCS]

- Snipshooter[ORCS]

- Maxpain[ORCS]

Scripts\effects:

- Maxpain[ORCS]

Project coordinator & PR:

- Denorc[ORCS]

Animations:

- Nightkiller[ORCS], Denorc[ORCS]

------------------------------------------------------

Special thanks to all "Caucasus Crisis Mod" members, especially Rus_Partizan, for their beutiful weapon models. We love you, guys!

In the words of Cartman "Kick @$$!"

Very nice addon form the testing I've done so far. smile_o.gif

Edit, the "quirks" was due to SBK on my part crazy_o.gif

part of archeive seems to be corrupted. or it is just me?  crazy_o.gif

Works fine for me...just make sure you have deleted old files, as per the readme

I have one complaint about these units; Why oh why doesnt every unit have a helmet on? I dont know how many of you have been in the army, but cirtainly, officers, medics and grenadiers do have to carry their helmets on their head as everyone else(when in combat or in the field) !! The first version of these soldiers, v1.2 had removable helmets, you could type something in the units init field. Why was this option removed? I think it would have been great if there was two versions of every soldier in there, one with helmet and one without. I do love these units, though, I just converted the whole Retaliation campaign wth them.

Great job!

PS.Sucheys Marine and Naval pack also had many units without helmets, are'nt helmets "in" anymore?? Every infantryman has to wear it! Thoughts??

They are just great. Al least same quility as BAS Rangers, even better. I want use there as default Russian soldiers(via Pappy Super config, look There for details), and i have few questions about that. First, how can i hide russian Flag on officer beret? It looks little stupid - cold war era officer with modern flag(in 1985 campaing)... Same question about the star, the best possiblity woud be beret without any sings, so it might be modern and cwc russian soldier at once. Last question, is there any chance to change beret colour to black? I know that in Russia blue berets have special forces, and common infantry officer looks little stupid with blue beret. Thats all, great work again! Sorry for gramatic mistakes...

Jonstyle, have you acctually seen in action pics of Russian forces in the Caucasus? Very often they don't wear helmets. Especially the VDV forces seem to use wool watchcaps/balaklavas much more then helmets.

Still i would prefer that they wear helmets... I'm in the army right now, and I guess the "look equal" and "look good" army mentality has rubbed into my skull. These non-helmet wearing soldiers seem unproffesional to me crazy_o.gif

They are just great. Al least same quility as BAS Rangers, even better. I want use there as default Russian soldiers(via Pappy Super config, look There for details), and i have few questions about that. First, how can i hide russian Flag on officer beret? It looks little stupid - cold war era officer with modern flag(in 1985 campaing)... Same question about the star, the best possiblity woud be beret without any sings, so it might be modern and cwc russian soldier at once. Last question, is there any chance to change beret colour to black? I know that in Russia blue berets have special forces, and common infantry officer looks little stupid with blue beret. Thats all, great work again! Sorry for gramatic mistakes...

why do you want to use them as default soldiers? i would agree with you if you say to use them instead of BIS spetznaz, but instead of regular soldiers? VDV isn't regular armymen. they are closer to specops...

BTW, it is my download was corrupted. d\led it agian with no errors

English version of readme:
Quote[/b] ]

# ###################################################################################################################

#                  #

#  Attention: delete icp_weaponpack.pbo before use!!!  #

#              #

################################################################################################################

What about file icp_weap.pbo? rock.gif

I just want to be sure that should remain in place or did I maybe miss a previous version's instructions to delete that, too? rock.gif

very good units!

that sniper camo is really excellent, some units have camo face option and also a place camouflage on back (leaves) option smile_o.gif

oh...and that rpg16 AT missile is mad, u get to kill a M1A1 (or at least turn it upside down) with 1 missile tounge_o.gif

theavonlady

As I remember icp_weap.pbo contains US weapons.

looking good, downloading now.

has someone trested yet if old missions still work with the new download ? i won´t be upgrading if after that 1/2 of my missions stop working

I have one complaint about these units; Why oh why doesnt every unit have a helmet on? I dont know how many of you have been in the army, but cirtainly, officers, medics and grenadiers do have to carry their helmets on their head as everyone else(when in combat or in the field) !!

Well, as far as I recall, recon units never wear helmets, because they are an extra burden.

Same goes for paratroops, because they are supposed to be able to move around quickly. Sure they have the option to wear helmets, but they normally don't.

I have one complaint about these units; Why oh why doesnt every unit have a helmet on? I dont know how many of you have been in the army, but cirtainly, officers, medics and grenadiers do have to carry their helmets on their head as everyone else(when in combat or in the field) !!

Well, as far as I recall, recon units never wear helmets, because they are an extra burden.

Same goes for paratroops, because they are supposed to be able to move around quickly. Sure they have the option to wear helmets, but they normally don't.

Umm... no.

All airborne troops wear helmets when they jump. They're all supposed to wear helmets in combat too. Look at pics of Iraq and Afghanistan right now - all troops, airborne/marine/whatever are wearing helmets in combat. Even SF guys wear helmets in combat. Nobody particularly likes wearing them until they get shot at. I know I hated wearing mine.

Arent all soldiers supposed to be moving around quickly? rock.gif And how would you know they "normally" dont, were you a Russian paratrooper? tounge_o.gif If you wear a helmet depends on the situation, I would surely feel safer with it on my head if I were in the shit.... Thinking that this is a game and all, helmetless soldiers are great for cutscenes, though, it just really irritates me to se a squad(infantry, that is, spec-ops is another deal), where just someone wears a helmet mad_o.gif

I wince when I think of paratroopers dropping to earth without helmets. Ouch. crazy_o.gif

Still, though, I haven't DLed this pack yet so I can't pass any kind of judgement. And as a missionmaker, it is still easy to make a mission where you give everyone a helmet. Going into combat, I'd expect everyone to look uniform (so, essentially, I could use one soldier model for all paratroopers and realistically get away with it) but once on the ground and in the fighting, it's not unthinkable to have each soldier look different. Thus, I think I'll like the variety.

Good pack. I like the realistic textures that these units have. I hope someone makes a mission using this pack.