Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Talk about gulf war ii modification

Hey all

Here to promote this new modification. Here is their forums:

GWII Forum

Don't know where the site is though

Now, a few things. Sniper Panther is modifying my M4a1, which i'm a little edgy on about because hell, its my baby sad_o.gif

BmgM4A1.jpg

But, they also need help I imagine in other fields.

So go help them build saddam hussien and his palace of wonders!

~Bmgarcangel

A modification, you say? I really doubt that this modification could do better than the BAS desert pack, HYK soldiers, MAP etc. in terms of U.S equipment, so it would be great if they concentrated on some nice Iraqi terrain and buildings, and OpFor of course. Of course, GWC is doing that too...

edit:

And well, a GWC2 campaign, how hard can it be? Are they going to make up more casualties than there really were and make the Iraqis more motivated, because otherwise it's going to be pretty damn easy to cut through Iraqis with air support etc, you won't have to fear much.

LOl

I don't know

I just so the post on ofp.info forums

But hell, in this recent war, the iraqi's were really well motivated. They might not have shown it on TV, but I got a pal, A-10 pilot, I talked to him recently. When he was over there in iraq during the 1st four months of the war, on the 4th or 5th day of the war, near this one town, our marines got pinned down at night by really well dug in Iraqi tanks. We were getting cassuallitlys left and right. The A-10 went in there and he said if he hadn't went in there to strafe the enemy up, our boys might not have made it out.

~Bmgarcangel

Can you give anymore information on this incident? I know that the USMC has been, and always will be very hesitant about using out of branch Close Air Support. That's why they have their own air arm. One of the few incidents I'm aware of another branch providing CAS for Marines ended up in a Blue on Blue incident. This occured in An Nassiriyal I believe into the third, fourth day of the war. A USAF A-10 straffed the Marines of TF Tarawa pinned in the city.

But hell, in this recent war, the iraqi's were really well motivated.

Can't see how once incident can reflect on the entire war, I wouldn't call an army whose soldiers give up in mass, without the enemy being close motivated.

I was thinking of what kinds of missions you could create around GW2. The offensive, of course, was one-sided, but it's events after the war that present the challenge to coalition forces. Instead of a campaign representing the opening offensive, these kinds of missions could be represented..

- Going into a city to eliminate a rebel leader (see Fallujah)

- Storming rebel camps and concentrations (this type of mission has occured at least once as I recall)

- CSAR of victims of an ambush along a highway

- CSAR of downed gunship pilots

- Scramble: mortar attack on your barracks, find the buggers before they can get away

- CAP (respond to calls for support)

Plot elements:

- Gathering information from civilians

- Hit and fade tactics of rebels (slippery)

What else?

That's true Tactician, it could be very interesting if done correctly. smile_o.gif But well...better not have that much fighting in big towns, with the OFP engine being what it is.

A modification, you say? I really doubt that this modification could do better than the BAS desert pack, HYK soldiers, MAP etc. in terms of U.S equipment, so it would be great if they concentrated on some nice Iraqi terrain and buildings, and OpFor of course. Of course, GWC is doing that too...

edit:

And well, a GWC2 campaign, how hard can it be? Are they going to make up more casualties than there really were and make the Iraqis more motivated, because otherwise it's going to be pretty damn easy to cut through Iraqis with air support etc, you won't have to fear much.

Just because other mods are doing similar stuff (and you say they will be doing it better) is no reason to tell this mod not to bother. If the community is going to have new teams forming, the majority of them will have to overlap with other's work becuase think how many conflicts people would want to play (well known ones) which don't already have 2-3 teams working on them?

edit:

Just because other mods are doing similar stuff (and you say they will be doing it better) is no reason to tell this mod not to bother. If the community is going to have new teams forming, the majority of them will have to overlap with other's work becuase think how many conflicts people would want to play (well known ones) which don't already have 2-3 teams working on them?

That's the reason I'm SUGGESTING that they don't bother, I may be wrong, but I doubt it, and that's just my 0.02€.

LOL

@All of you

I wish for no mod to underestimate there missions, make it seem like the Iraqies or any foe we have faced has been the most ill prepared.  I wish only that people study things that "Have Happened" and incooprate as much as that into their missions as humanly possibly.

@Ironsight

Not sure really

Talk to Sniper_Pather* about that one.

@ThePara

Anyhow, about this incident, it was on the 4th day of the war.  We all heard about it here and it wasn't the friendly fire incident.  That night our marines got pinned down, I don't remember the city, but they got pinned down and the two dug in iraqi tanks had already put two american APC's on fire, well, bassically shot a hole in them.  So our marines were taking lots of cassaulties from the well dug in Iraqies, lots of wounded, so they had no choice but to call in the A10 warthogs.  This was a night time mission, and I don't remember the guys name, but anyhow, he had just returned from another mission and was going back to base but they told him to go and help out the marines.  He arrived on the scene and saw with his NV googles the 2 apcs and tracers going everywhere.

He found where the enemy was, which side they were....he flew in and dropped 3 bombs.  After that he used his Gattling gun and straffed the enemy position till he was out of ammo.  30 minutes after he arrived he started to fly of, marines told him they had the up hand now.

He has the most interesting life.  At age 34 he's flown the A10, B52, and F-15.  First plane he flew, B52, he flew with nuclear bombs on those patrols that still go on today.  In case nuclear war breaks out they go to there targets and boom.  After a few years of that he spent most of his career flying the F15.  Just 2 years ago he was assigned to fly the A10.

I'm a Marine brat ok, don't tell me that they don't call in support if they are way over their heads.

***EDITED***

****P.S.****

I talked to the pilot, shaked his hand, thanked him for what he has done for our country and the Iraqi people guys. Don't argue with the goddamned truth. For one, you all don't know a whole lot about the truth. If you did, then the news would have so much more to talk about.

Most battles are not heard on televissions, you have to dig really deep sometimes to find out alot of information.

~Bmgarcangel

That doesnt really look like an M4...

Do a google.com Image search on 'M4A1'.

If I were you, I'd just use existing addons for units and guns...like Earl and Suchey's Desert USMC and M4s, HYK's Modern US Soldiers etc.

And concentrate on maybe a campaign or terrain like someone said above.

Cause, no offense, but after seeing that M4 I can see that you guys are a bit 'newbie' in the addon making department.

If I were you, I'd just use existing addons for units and guns...like Earl and Suchey's Desert USMC and M4s, HYK's Modern US Soldiers etc.

Cause, no offense, but after seeing that M4 I can see that you guys are a bit 'newbie' in the addon making department.

If you should chose to use earls m4's I beg you to get his permission to make the model a bit more realistic.

STGN

If you should chose to use earls m4's I beg you to get his permission to make the model a bit more realistic.

STGN

They look pretty damn realistic to me? How exactly could they be more realistic?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

He has the most interesting life.  At age 34 he's flown the A10, B52, and F-15.  First plane he flew, B52, he flew with nuclear bombs on those patrols that still go on today.  In case nuclear war breaks out they go to there targets and boom.  After a few years of that he spent most of his career flying the F15.  Just 2 years ago he was assigned to fly the A10.

I think I would seriously question his story. Normally a pilot isn't going to bounce from B52's to F15's to A10's. Each require very specific and very expensive training. You wouldn't normally see one person receive training in three totally unique aircraft...

I would also find it highly unusual that a pilot's "first assignment" was flying Nuclear Strike Bombers, I could be wrong but I believe those seats are reserved for more experienced pilots.

STGN

They look pretty damn realistic to me?   How exactly could they be more realistic?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

you could start moving the forward bolt assist a bit back to where it is realy suppose to be right now it looks like a wird clone betwheen a ZM300 and a M16.

STGN

Hmm... I never noticed this on Suchey and Earl's M4's. I'll have to look at them more closely. But overall they look extremely realistic to me...but then again I've never fired the M4...only the M16A1 and A2 rifles (along with other heavy weapons).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

LOL

Anyhow guys, its a M4a1. The bolt thing near the rear sights is on all M4's. Why remove it? Perhaps the reason you haven't seen it is because you're looking at the newer M4A1's in which alot of people don't see that its still there.

I think I would seriously question his story. Normally a pilot isn't going to bounce from B52's to F15's to A10's. Each require very specific and very expensive training. You wouldn't normally see one person receive training in three totally unique aircraft...

I don't question his story. He talked in front of a live audience man, he is the owner too of a air flight mussem here in this town that i live in. When he is not away flying the A10 he is over here maintaining it.

I don't question his story. Flying for more then 12 years he has alot of experience on his hands and he didn't go through extensive training after he was taken out of the B52 and put into the F-15...you think they wouldn't tounge_o.gif

Oh and he was the Copilot for the B52 not the actually Pilot.

~BMgarcangel

You've got a history of not telling the total truth BMG. icon8.gif

Sounds implausible to me.

MSpsencer, you start that shit again I......I....fuck, no death threats here forgot.

Being a copilot for a b52 is pretty good for a first starter. F-15 afterwards is better. now he is flying the a10 and will probably keep flying till he gets out in a few years or so. Actually, I ain't sure when he is getting out.

Reason I know all this is because my Civil Air Patrol Squadron went to the mussem* and talked to him and shit about the stuff. Thats what aerospace education is all about oyu know.

~Bmgarcangel

OK back on topic are there any updates/pictures of this MOD, so far we only have seen an M4. Would like to see some vehicles and Iraqi units smile_o.gif

LOL

I hope that Panther is oging on about my m4 being bis m4. For one its alot smaller then bis m4, only thing it uses from BIS is the textures rofl

Ok I just got some news over at OFP.info offical forums. GWIIMod will release some addons soon including my new and improved m4...here is the details

Quote[/b] ]QUOTE FROM HURLEY

Yeah, people have talking about it.

Anyway, The Gulf War 2 Mod will be soon be realeasing a:

Runined wall used for cover in Iraq

P.O.W Camp with animated doors

M4A!, with scope and desert camo (bmgarcangel)

AK47 (Ricochet)

PKM (LT Hunter)

Thats all I have from the GWIIMod Front for now guys!

~Bmgarcangel