Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Never mind my previous post Papy. I figured out the M203 problem. Someone had installed INQ's weapons into another mod folder for me. OFP was having a hard time with the addon installed twice. It's all fixed now smile_o.gif

yea thats what i thought was wrong.

you can delete the old one and use the Y2K3 one. its still 100% compatable with his orginal weapons. just adds the M203 and his SR25 to the weapon crate and the M203 is used for Y2K3

Any update on the fact that no save games at all(even those done with the Y2K3 version) dont work??

Sorry, my search on it only brought up this thread, and I waded through some of the length, and found one mention, but dont know of anything since then.

Any update on the fact that no save games at all(even those done with the Y2K3 version) dont work??

Its an ECP problem, as far as I understand (so go bitch at them)  tounge_o.gif

Pappy, is there anything in the FlashFX mod that is worth integrating into Y2K3?

nuttin i aint already got.

about the ECP bug, try the Y2K3 PE version of the config (on my site) its a performance enhancer and eliminates alot of the ECP scripts being run (looped) but saves the effects. last time i played a campaign was 2002. so i really cant test it. but in theroy it should work  smile_o.gif

OFP: Y2K3 Desktop Background in 800x600 & 1024x768

edit: im using a slightly modified private version of Y2K3. based on the PE config. i just restarted the 1985 campaign. the intro, cut scenes, missions, im up to combined arms. god damn t80's keep fuckin my ass up as im retreating., anyway, i tested.. it saves the retry points, enables me to retry if im killed in teh mission, allows me to end the mission go to menu and then "continue" the mission again that way.

so using Y2K3 Performance Enhancer not only boosts frame rates but allows you to play the campaign without the savegame bug smile_o.gif

@dedan im glad you enjoy the lsr rangers in place of the default west troops but isnt that jsut a tad weird having special forces in place of "Grunts"  rock.gif  ill admit for personal use i replaced the bas deltas with lsr rangers. but not the west soldier crazy_o.gif  oh well if it makes ya happy glad to accomadate

Nah, who cares. Special Forces All The Way!!  wink_o.gif

nuttin i aint already got.

about the ECP bug, try the Y2K3 PE version of the config (on my site) its a performance enhancer and eliminates alot of the ECP scripts being run (looped) but saves the effects. last time i played a campaign was 2002. so i really cant test it. but in theroy it should work smile_o.gif

OFP: Y2K3 Desktop Background in 800x600 & 1024x768

edit: im using a slightly modified private version of Y2K3. based on the PE config. i just restarted the 1985 campaign. the intro, cut scenes, missions, im up to combined arms. god damn t80's keep fuckin my ass up as im retreating., anyway, i tested.. it saves the retry points, enables me to retry if im killed in teh mission, allows me to end the mission go to menu and then "continue" the mission again that way.

so using Y2K3 Performance Enhancer not only boosts frame rates but allows you to play the campaign without the savegame bug smile_o.gif

Sweet, thanks Pappy, works perfectly, excelent mod, if you haven't heard it enough yet. biggrin_o.gif

ahh i never get tired of hearing it.  really does make it a self fufilling.. uhh.. fulfillingness to see so many happy people that has a resparked interested in OFP, or simple renewing the vows of some OFPers  smile_o.gif

like i said i hadnt played the campaigns since 2002. . . and i just restarted playing it again. simple beautiful with Y2K3  smile_o.gif  even i cant belive that i made the game this much more fun  biggrin_o.gif

Y2K3ers if you use or looked @ the Y2K3 desktop background in the quoted post above please tell me how you like it.  smile_o.gif took a couple days makin that. wanted to give the mod more fun things to promote it.

hey papi or retalitation+y2k3 players, i´m havin a little question:

before you start the "blackhawk" mission of the retalitation campaign, there´s a cutscene when the american troops start to move my framerate goes down to 3 fps and my system freezing after. when i abort the cutscene the same happens after you have to go out the bmp. i tried also without dxdll. so it must be an y2k3 problem i think. (in the missions before i´m havin framerates up to 20...?)

everyone a solution or the same problem?

anyway, y2k3 is great, thanx a lot papi!

Your either having the old Mi17 chopper dust problem, or possibly the new one I've encountered twice in the PMC Fury campaign (once in a mission and once in a cutscene). I'm trying to figure out what unit causes it (assuming it's a unit but it crashes in the exact same way as the Mi17 problem).

If you don't know about the Mi17 chopper dust config issue there's info and a solution around page 80 on here.

And by the way I don't get any corrupted saves while playing Y2K3 at all. Even exiting in the middle of a mission and coming back later. Are you guys changing ECP settings in game? That will cause the problem for sure. You should edit the ECP_Setinigs.sqs file directly which *should* mean you can save like normal in game.

rock.gif

hey papi or retalitation+y2k3 players, i´m havin a little question:

before you start the "blackhawk" mission of the retalitation campaign, there´s a cutscene when the american troops start to move my framerate goes down to 3 fps and my system freezing after. when i abort the cutscene the same happens after you have to go out the bmp. i tried also without dxdll. so it must be an y2k3 problem i think. (in the missions before i´m havin framerates up to 20...?)

everyone a solution or the same problem?

anyway, y2k3 is great, thanx a lot papi!

i got the EXACT same prob.

and on the mission itself. i had like 2-5 fos... lagged BADELY..

Same with the next mission.. the cutscene was fine. but mission lagged BAAAAAADELY! sad_o.gif

It might be the problem listed here...

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....st=1200

Check my post, second from the bottom.

I know when I played that campaign the problem happened after the "Press Conference" near the beginning when they showed some russians driving a tank around and being watched by some officers. There was an Mi17 flying around somewhere in the background causing the lag.

You can test if it's the Mi17 problem by running the stand alone mission "Vulcan".

dont forget to try the PE version of Y2K3. im pretty sure i fixed that on all versions uploaded with that package.

ok Y2K3ers, i updated the Y2K3 webpage, new design, new color scheme, and new layout type due to the fact that firefox (which i hated before, downloaded and hate even more now.. with a passion) doesnt understand the basic html coding that Y2K3 was writen in.

so enjoy the new Y2K3 website, and theres a news section now too. it will be for Y2K3 related stuff only. like the backgrounds, the new site, or anything pertaining to the mod. and added links section at the top.

oh and no more whackey colors.. for now tounge_o.gif red white and blue themed smile_o.gif

before you start the "blackhawk" mission of the retalitation campaign, there´s a cutscene when the american troops start to move my framerate goes down to 3 fps and my system freezing after.

I tested the cutscene of this mission "Blackhawk" of this great Retaliation campaign.

-With Y2K3 + the latest PE config , it was really really bad in the framerate, it reminded me of the worst CTI i played online.

-With the ECP mod itself (and my own units replacements based on the ECP editable config but without any non ECP scripts and features) : the cutscene ran very smoothly.

And in that in my test with my modded ECP , i enabled the Vektorboson chopper dust (it is a bit heavier than the BAS version) and didn't noticed a slowdown (and i have an old system with a GF2).

So whatever is causing the problem with Y2K3 revealed by this cutscene, it is not the ECP features (that are included in Y2K3 if i understood well).

There is no explosion in the cutscene, no smoke , or combat so i really don't understand what can be the script responsible.

But maybe it can be the fact that too many scripts are running in the background : the ones from the mission and the numerous ones from the Y2K3 features.

there are only a handful of init scripts running with Y2K3 PE. that was the idea of the PE version was re-routing all the init scripts to other eventhandlers, called up only when the time was right. thus reducing the slowdown caused by looping scripts.

i guess this is just one of those things where u cant make it 100% perfect with everything.. so every so often a rare moment comes along where u gotta just go "eh oh well". blues.gif

dont forget to try the PE version of Y2K3. im pretty sure i fixed that on all versions uploaded with that package.

ok Y2K3ers, i updated the Y2K3 webpage, new design, new color scheme, and new layout type due to the fact that firefox (which i hated before, downloaded and hate even more now.. with a passion) doesnt understand the basic html coding that Y2K3 was writen in.

so enjoy the new Y2K3 website, and theres a news section now too. it will be for Y2K3 related stuff only. like the backgrounds, the new site, or anything pertaining to the mod.  and added links section at the top.

oh and no more whackey colors.. for now  tounge_o.gif  red white and blue themed smile_o.gif

just to update you incase you decide to skip over the news section tounge_o.gif the "customize your OFP experiance" has been removed from the sidebar link and added to the "information" page which houses the CD player script info, customizing that, the OFP wall papers, so on and so forth smile_o.gif

so i didnt remove it.. i just put the link on a differnt page. more organized this way.

oh and you will notice at the top i added a bunch of link banners too. finnaly got around to doin link banners for USCG and Too-Tall Inc smile_o.gif so i put the rest of my fav ofp links up there too

enjoy the new site

before you start the "blackhawk" mission of the retalitation campaign, there´s a cutscene when the american troops start to move my framerate goes down to 3 fps and my system freezing after.

I tested the cutscene of this mission "Blackhawk" of this great Retaliation campaign.

-With Y2K3 + the latest PE config , it was really really bad in the framerate, it reminded me of the worst CTI i played online.

-With the ECP mod itself (and my own units replacements based on the ECP editable config but without any non ECP scripts and features) : the cutscene ran very smoothly.

And in that in my test with my modded ECP , i enabled the Vektorboson chopper dust (it is a bit heavier than the BAS version) and didn't noticed a slowdown (and i have an old system with a GF2).

So whatever is causing the problem with Y2K3 revealed by this cutscene, it is not the ECP features (that are included in Y2K3 if i understood well).

There is no explosion in the cutscene, no smoke , or combat so i really don't understand what can be the script responsible.

But maybe it can be the fact that too many scripts are running in the background : the ones from the mission and the numerous ones from the Y2K3 features.

FYI, I had the exact same problem in the same Retalliation cutscene when running with the EECP mod.

Edit:

wow_o.gif

FYI, I had the exact same problem in the same Retalliation cutscene when running with the EECP mod.

wooo hoo it aint a Y2K3 related problem then w00t  biggrin_o.gif

ok yes sorry that the problem exsists but i feel better knowing that it aint just my mod that causes it  tounge_o.gif

Dear Pappy! Please could you tell me what lines from the pilot and raft config i have to add to the config without pilot and raft patch config?(what lines are different)It's just that i have made myself 7 different custom configs with different models ect,and i have only just applied the pilot and raft patch!It would be a pain in the arse to make all my configs again!

well you just need the included rzn_pilot from that patch (i modified it to use the raft) and that updated raft.pbo

and the only thing you need to do is:

depbo

su25.pbo and change the crew= line to

crew = RZN_Fpilot_rus1;

re-pbo and your done

and in the config.cpp you find the class a10 where it defines the A10 values... and change the crew= line to

crew="RZN_Fpilot_usa";

rebin and your finished. the rzn_pilot that is included in that patch uses that raft.pbo (updated, also included in that patch) so that if your in the A10, A10(LGB) or Su25 and you bail out over water, like the helo pilots you have a raft to save you from drowning. the only differance is the A10 and SU25's now are crewed by actual fighter pilots... not some chopper pilot

smile_o.gif

Y2K3ers, theres now 2 more new backgrounds availble in 800x600 and 1024x768 bringing the total up to 4 differnt backgrounds using Y2K3 to choose from smile_o.gif

check the website, click on the button marked "information" on the right hand side, then click the link that says "Y2K3 backgrounds"