Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

a tiny an unimportant thing:

WEST-Pilot  doesn't use  TIMED Grenades

..... didn't th ehelo pilots had M4s ..... or did you change it to handguns now

they all use timed grenades now. . .i accidently enabled it somehow. . . and its not selective either

and i changed the helo pilots back to "west pilot" rather then the BAS soar pilot. . . so yes now they only carry handguns

Anyone know how to run other mods with this without getting the configs corrupted (like run FDFmod and Y2k3 together). Would I have to rewrite the config?

Well in all my mucking around I must have removed the GMR.pbo from the addons directory after all.  I kept seeing error messages concering GMR scripts so I checked and it was missing.  Now that I've put it back Vulcan goes back to being a slide show sad_o.gif  Though it actualy is improved, I can get closer to the Vulcan's in the jeep before it chockes.  

Update:  I have found where the problem is occuring!

If you go into the .cpp file and do a Find for "Class Plane"  the lines immediatly above the first hit you get with that search contain the problem area...

Quote[/b] ]{

engine="if (_this select 1) then {[_this select 0] exec ""\GMR\helidust.sqs""}";

init="_this exec ""\ECP_Effects\init.sqs""";

fired="_this call ECP_EH_handler";

killed="[_this select 0] exec ""\GMR\check_dammage_chopper.sqs""";

incomingMissile = "if ((_this select 0)==(_this select 0)) then {[_this] exec {\BAS_MAH60\ECM\EastCM.sqs},[_this] exec {\BAS_MAH60\ECM\WestCM.sqs},[_this select 0] exec {\BAS_MAH60\ECM\flares.sqs}}";

};

I I remove the first 3 lines so it reads...

Quote[/b] ]class EventHandlers

{

killed="[_this select 0] exec ""\GMR\check_dammage_chopper.sqs""";

incomingMissile = "if ((_this select 0)==(_this select 0)) then {[_this] exec {\BAS_MAH60\ECM\EastCM.sqs},[_this] exec {\BAS_MAH60\ECM\WestCM.sqs},[_this select 0] exec {\BAS_MAH60\ECM\flares.sqs}}";

};

The Vulcan mission runs beautifuly.  I don't have time to narrow it down further right now, but that is DEFINITLY causing it to bog down.  And by that I mean it runs at around 3 fps as opposed to completely playable frame rates (this is on a very high end system).

This solved the problem with the Vulcan mission and the cutscene in Retailiation, so I'm pretty sure the problem is with this one unit.

Hope this helps.  I'm crashing out...

ok this one. . your gonna have to edit upon each release. . .

in going by your method i loose all ecp effects in a mission when using the chopper. no tail rotor failur, no engine smoke, no bitchin betty. nothin crazy_o.gif and im sorry bout that. . . but im not takin out ECP effects cuz BIS cant make a decent mission

i cant tell you anything about the vulcan mission. . cuz even when i first got OFP. . .and i tried that mission. . it laged me 1.5ghz. and again i attribute this slow down to the 9578 units on the map, not counting the actual island itself, which wouldnt help matters any with that many units on the map

OFP Map Maker Rule #1: when making a mission for OFP there shall never be more then 4 'full' squads of troops moving at once. no more then 4 planes moving at once. and no more then 8 helicopters moving at once.

BIS broke mission maker rule #1 when they put in 5 helicopters, 15 tanks, and about 200 men on that map. the exception to the rule is ONLY having single, non-grouped units stationed somewhere, at which point you may exceed the limit. example: lipany (on nogova) can have 58 non-grouped troops in the town and it wont lag. but if all of those units were to start moving at the same time. your PC dies

my only suggestion: dont play BIS computer killers (battlefeild, vulcan, and a few others i forget right now)

@ebns: you would need to write your own config, becuz FDF is a total conversion, and Y2K3 is a total conversion and u cant have your cake and eat it too sad_o.gif

well i use the newest BEAT config.

my pilots are still the SOAR pilots (green) with handgun.

but the timed grenades won't work with them.

question:

model="MC pilotW2";

model="\bas_soar\bas_soarpilotw";

two models for one pilot rock.gif

NO TIMED greandes for EAST pilots either..... ?

something is wrong witgh my OFP

well i use the newest BEAT config.

my pilots are still the SOAR pilots (green) with handgun.

but the timed grenades won't work with them.

question:    

model="MC pilotW2";

model="\bas_soar\bas_soarpilotw";

two models for one pilot rock.gif

NO TIMED greandes for EAST pilots either..... ?

something is wrong witgh my OFP

blocked out the orginal pilot model. now the default OFP west pilot uses the soar model. . . with a special feature to put on, or take off the face mask  smile_o.gif

and the time nades dont work with the pilots you say? hmm eh oh well. . .its not important really. . when you throw it. . and the other person dies. ..then who cares how long it took  tounge_o.gif

@ hottex: the strobe light thingy is a nice idea. . but pointles to incorperate into the config. . .it works fine as is. . and thats a seperate addon . . cuz it has no use in already pre-made missions. . thats something to be used in future made missions. .

@ the glow sticks:

About the glowsticks not lighting the ground enough, well this is the lowest I could get it, and it's way too much:

sad_o.gif

well dont. . glowsticks arnt LZ markers, they arnt runway lights, thier the unconvential flashlight for the soldier stuck out in the middle of nowhere. this a small lighted object consisted of chemicals that light up when mixed. . .and are for reading maps, checking on something (ie: injuries), and MABE if a pilot is flying really really really really low, used for signaling . (edit: also for night patrols)

thier lighting is so low due to the same reason you wouldnt use a spot light to read a map behind enemy lines. . .you need a small light source that wont attract attention to ppl that may be near by.

and in civi life: thier for weirdos, partiers, ravers, and ppl on LSD  tounge_o.gif

To make timed handgrenades work i had to enable explosion simulation and disable timed handgrenades in the ECP options gui. (whilst in game hit escape then click ECP) ps you can edit the ECP settings sqs by adding explosion simulation=true and timed hand grenades=false. if you look at the readme for ECP on ofpec.com it gives you the instructions on how to do this.This means you would'nt have to keep opening the ECP giu and switching explosion simulation and timed handgrenades every time you started a mission.

It's better to edit the ECP_Settings.sqs file then to use the ingame ECP settings menu. Changing the settings in game garuntees corrupted saves, while editing the ECP_settings.sqs file, for me at least, allows me to use the ingame save with no problem. Pluss if you use the ingame menu you have to reset the settings each mission, it allways defaults back to the ECP_settings.sqs file's settings.

i know how to change it via settings or gui. . .

but the thing is. . .that 2 version ago nades exploded on contact. . .

last version. . .i hear ppl goin "timed grenades?! cool!!!" and i go test. . and theres timed grenades. . .i didnt change my ECP settings. . i didnt change my gui. . .i just edited the config and the ECP event handler. . . so i in-advertantly gave them timed grenades by accident crazy_o.gif which is cool so yay  tounge_o.gif

edit: sure in shit. . .

the pilots dont have the _this exec ""\ECP_Effects\init.sqs"" in thier init. . which is why they dont have it. .but everyone else does cuz they have the ecp init in thier eventhandler

edit2: i forgot to arm the east officer and officer night with a pistol. next version he will have a tokarev

Ok I've been playing with this mod a lot lately and have been able to play with a lot of AI with little to no lag. biggrin_o.gif

However, I have managed to find some bugs....

1. Whenever I start a mission, it gives error "Missing Script 'ECP_Settings.sqs' " er supthin like that.

2. Sometimes as I mentioned before the exploding bodies....just wont happen rock.gif but other times they will....do you use some random variable to make it so they only happen every now and then or supthin, or is my version just messed up? sad_o.gif

Ok I've been playing with this mod a lot lately and have been able to play with a lot of AI with little to no lag. biggrin_o.gif

However, I have managed to find some bugs....

1. Whenever I start a mission, it gives error "Missing Script 'ECP_Settings.sqs' "  er supthin like that.

2. Sometimes as I mentioned before the exploding bodies....just wont happen  rock.gif   but other times they will....do you use some random variable to make it so they only happen every now and then or supthin, or is my version just messed up? sad_o.gif

i didnt edit anything on them. . .

they should work with all default units, it will NOT carry over to units that have eventhandlers programed into them (ie: bas soldiers)

best way to test the exploding bodies is use the sniper anti-material and shoot a dude. . he will explode.

ECP settings problem is explained at the bottom of post #1

Thx, I was using the default units (well the replacements you put in) and they didnt explode....then I restarted OFP and they exploded rock.gif

I know this dead horse has been beaten so hard you could drink it as a health shake, but at long last I have solved my super-lag issue.  I'm posting this because this continued to happen with a complete from scratch install of everything, so it can't just be me that's having a problem.  With that, for anyone else seeing major slow downs followed by CTD in missions with 1 or multiple Mi17's...

Open the config, do a search "Class Planes" look at the lines just above where you end up with that search...

Quote[/b] ]engine="if (_this select 1) then {[_this select 0] exec ""\GMR\helidust.sqs""}";

Removing that one line solved the issue, and I still seem to see all the ECP helicopter effects (even dust).

Id like to restate that this wasn't a "too many units causing lag issue", it was a "if there was a single Mi17 in any mission the game chocked" issue.  

Removing that line has removed the problem, and now everything runs great smile_o.gif  Oh wait! =)  There does seem to be a minor problem with the Vulcan's cannon not being able to find the right sound file.  An error appears if a vulcan tries to fire, and the resulting gun fire sounds like someone leaning heavily on a game show buzzer.   I only bring it up because it's the only remaining error at all that I'm seeing.

Now back to some killer gaming....

I know this dead horse has been beaten so hard you could drink it as a health shake, but at long last I have solved my super-lag issue.  I'm posting this because this continued to happen with a complete from scratch install of everything, so it can't just be me that's having a problem.  With that, for anyone else seeing major slow downs followed by CTD in missions with 1 or multiple Mi17's...

Open the config, do a search "Class Planes" look at the lines just above where you end up with that search...

Quote[/b] ]engine="if (_this select 1) then {[_this select 0] exec ""\GMR\helidust.sqs""}";

Removing that one line solved the issue, and I still seem to see all the ECP helicopter effects (even dust).

Id like to restate that this wasn't a "too many units causing lag issue", it was a "if there was a single Mi17 in any mission the game chocked" issue.  

Removing that line has removed the problem, and now everything runs great smile_o.gif  Oh wait! =)  There does seem to be a minor problem with the Vulcan's cannon not being able to find the right sound file.  An error appears if a vulcan tries to fire, and the resulting gun fire sounds like someone leaning heavily on a game show buzzer.   I only bring it up because it's the only remaining error at all that I'm seeing.

Now back to some killer gaming....

so its the helidust that is causing the lag you say?

well now that i can be more negotiable on smile_o.gif

that line ill remove for release versions. (i rather like that effect tounge_o.gif )

the vulcans cannon sound was discovered by INQ. . and im not about to change it. . cuz im usin his tank, and his weapon. if i change that work. . . then im sure he wont be very happy tounge_o.gif

but the helidust thing is deffenitly a can do on the next release version smile_o.gif

Just incase it is an error you can fix, I don't know if I explained this well enough... an actual error message pops up about it not being able to find the sound file for the vulcan and then the game show buzzer goes into effect.

Either way, I can live with buzzing Vulan's.

Oh and I do still see helicopter dust on all the helicopters I've seen looked at so far (including Mi17). I imagine it's the ecp version vrs the gmr version referenced in that line.

Just incase it is an error you can fix, I don't know if I explained this well enough... an actual error message pops up about it not being able to find the sound file for the vulcan and then the game show buzzer goes into effect.

Either way, I can live with buzzing Vulan's.

Oh and I do still see helicopter dust on all the helicopters I've seen looked at so far (including Mi17).  I imagine it's the ecp version vrs the gmr version referenced in that line.

yes ECP has its own. .selectable helidust

but GMR's was nicer more realistic looking.

but hey if you claim its causing lag. then im gonna have to go on your word. . . and ill change that. . matter of fact ive already changed it on the eidtable versions . . so the next thing i change i wont have to remember about that. . so next release WILL have that change made smile_o.gif

the vulcan sound. . i havnt tested. . its weird the error would pop up. . .ill find out what error it is and if i can fix it or not

alright its a small bug with the new M113 and its scripts. . .not a problem will fix and update the XY2K3 Beta Pack with the vulcan  smile_o.gif

Edit: dunno when the update will be, my freind jsut got a yahoo webcam and shes feelin frisky. . so uh yea be back later biggrin_o.gif

LOL Well your priorities are in the right place!

Drax, i to have a problem with the vulcan sounds and various other custom sounds such as roc mods mortor explosions,sometimes the whole of the sounds seem to be in slow motion.I also get the same effect when not using the Y2K3 mod.Sometimes the comp locks up forcing a reboot.It is a problem with my sound card which is a cmi i also know that sound blaster cards have the same problem! Try playing the same vulcan mission without the Y2K3 mod to see if it still happens. Sorry ignore above post cos it's a different problem! now i know what you are talking about,i've just downloaded the latest beta addons with the updated vulcan pbo and all is now fine and dandy with vulcan sounds

update of the Y2K3 Beta Pack (addons) will be ready for download in 30 minutes. only thing updated in it is the vulcan.pbo

the sound(s) are all INQ's.. the "real" M163 sound is actualy alot more annoying and just ugh crazy_o.gif INQ's is actualy the best you can get really

the vulcan error has been fixed and the troop ramp opens (again) smile_o.gif

Hi Pappy,

a guy called Loogan Freeman released on ofp-info a new 1911 which has a really nice iron sight view.

ofp-info pic1

ofp-info pic2

How about incorporating the iron sight into your mod?

Greets

Quote[/b] ]Hi Pappy,

a guy called Loogan Freeman released on ofp-info a new 1911 which has a really nice iron sight view.

ofp-info pic1

ofp-info pic2

How about incorporating the iron sight into your mod?

Greets

saw those too.

but you will always have the same camo the texture.

If there is real interest in it I would change it with permission.

so it looks more "RANDOM" !

I think the pic is taken from Call of Duty.

had this idea too.

@benus

that would be so great! The regular sights for handguns look like totall crap in ofp. Especially now with this mod that changed literally all the main gun sights. Just gotta love those iron sights smile_o.gif

Cheers

like that rock.gif? that would fit for well ALL units somehow.

Logan Freeman said that if you wanted to use the sight, you can open the pbo and use it without asking him.

45sight.jpgnot final one !