Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Holy crap man! whose G36 is THIS! wow_o.gif

Also I agree with your 48hr policy. wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Cap.

I repeat, it's possible to equip the same unit with different weapons?

not via config. no

"Gummi" done it. He had randomized the song in a mission (look below).

=========================

;Script by Gummi for ECP

;=========================

_camera = "camera" camCreate [getpos vrak3 select 0, getpos vrak3 select 1, (getpos vrak3 select 2)+2]

_camera cameraEffect ["internal","back"]

_rnd1 = random 12

? _rnd1 > 10 : skiptime 10.5

? _rnd1 > 5 : skiptime 22.2

_rnd = random 12.5

? _rnd > 10 : goto "t5"

? _rnd > 7.5 : goto "t4"

? _rnd > 5 : goto "t3"

? _rnd > 2.5 : goto "t2"

playMusic "Track16"

goto "znova"

#t2

playMusic "Track6"

goto "znova"

#t3

playMusic "RTrack1b"

goto "znova"

#t4

playMusic "Track12"

goto "znova"

#t5

playMusic "Frost"

goto "znova"

Holy crap man! whose G36 is THIS! wow_o.gif

Also I agree with your 48hr policy. wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Cap.

INQ's G36 which is found in the BIS Replacment PBO file to replace the BIS one (bis replacmentpbo found on my downlaods section of my site)

not via config. no

that is a script

that is NOT a config

a config and a script are two ENTIRELY different things

even if it was possible. . .im not doing it. . . military personal arent sent out on misions with "random guns" thier superiors dont go "close your eyes and pick your gun" they are assigned a weapon load out and until they retire or die. . that is thier weapon load out til the end

please people. . can we get some comments on the bullet whiz thing?

do you want it or no? that error is only on the G36, hunting rifel, and possibly a few other random rare weapons liek the styer butnot 100% sure of what weapons give that error, but 98% of the weapons do not give any error

hey pappy good idea on the whizzing effects

if its just a few random weapons and at the most its a thin line at the top then who the hell cares its just a small line

its not gonan kill any 1 and about that script or wutever it is firefox just layoff he doesnt want to do it

not via config. no

that is a script

that is NOT a config

a config and a script are two ENTIRELY different things

even if it was possible. . .im not doing it. . . military personal arent sent out on misions with "random guns" thier superiors dont go "close your eyes and pick your gun" they are assigned a weapon load out and until they retire or die. . that is thier weapon load out til the end

please people. . can we get some comments on the bullet whiz thing?

do you want it or no? that error is only on the G36, hunting rifel, and possibly a few other random rare weapons liek the styer butnot 100% sure of what weapons give that error, but 98% of the weapons do not give any error

Yes, I kwon, but for example it would be great to select the same vehicle and get many different skin, or have a unit with the sam (but costumized) rifle (for example the various version of the m4 or m16).

Excellent job Pappy, was playing with it last night on various CTI's, works great, one error message though which I saw for the first time after installing your updated version.......

cbt_brad_error2.jpg

The error in the top left kept popping up continuously, the main script one generally only came up once. The mission appeared to still work fine but I don't know if there was something missing......

Any ideas? Mainly played on the Cuba CTI last night smile_o.gif

yea i got that top left error alot too. . .so i just deleted the line in the script that says "hint: "cbt bradly pack mp error"" on both the M113 and M2A2 pack. . that annoyed me too  crazy_o.gif

and i know this is a stupid question. . but i have to ask it. .

do you have the CBT_M113a_Scripts.pbo installed in your addons (or Y2K3/Addons) folder?

i installed all used addons in the mod to the Y2K3/Addons folder but i dont see how it would make any differance.

and yea that error i call the "intro-killer" you click ok and it goes away. . but if there was an intro u missed it due to that error. but if the CBT_M113a_Scripts.pbo is installed. . . then uhh. . hmm  rock.gif

edit: the script to edit is in the CBT_Brad_Scripts\fx\init.sqs

and in the CBT_M113a_Scripts\fx\init.sqs

Dear pappy, please please please DO NOT put the bullit wiz thing in because the message at the top of the screen would drive me bannanas,and so i would think most other people!The work you put in already to iron out any missing addons bugs ect ect would be wasted.It would always be on the back of my mind looking at the message at the top of the screen that it should be fixed! cheers Papster keep up the good work.

ok thats 2 yes and 1 no so far

depending on the votes. . . i may just end up doing a bullet whiz/exploding bodies, and a bulletwhiz/no exploding bodies version. . for the final

but only if its a close enough call

once again that stupid error only apperes on the hunting rifel, and G36a only. all other weapons do not display any error at all

I like the idea of the whizzing effects.

Can`t see a major problem with an error message. Getting that already with ecp sometimes while running some missions. But the whizz would add even more to the atmosphere of the game.

Cheers

ive got some good news smile_o.gif

and some badnews sad_o.gif

Good News: i got the bullet whizing fx in WITHOUT the error message. and perhaps many many many many MANY other ECP effects back in that were preivously not working.

Bad News: its 6:30am and im goin to bed so yall gotta wait 10 hours for me to update the configs with this fix tounge_o.gif

Hey no prob Pappy,

you sure as hell deserve a little rest wink_o.gif I should be studying for exams anyways tounge_o.gif

do you have the CBT_M113a_Scripts.pbo installed in your addons (or Y2K3/Addons) folder?

Hmm no I think I only have CBT_Brad_Scripts.pbo, seems I'm lacking an addon, obviously I'm the stupid one rather than the question  biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Excellent news on the update, fixed whiz without the error is great smile_o.gif Sleep tight smile_o.gif

Wow pappy EXCELLENT! UR a WIZ u got the WHIZZ back!

I wouldn't minded the error anyway. like somebody pointed out earlier you still get those types of errors with ecp by itself...

awesome keep it up buddy....

(still hoping those 5ton trucks wont be released for a while)

so u can update some more~!

take a well deserved rest!

Great work pappy!

I haven't read this entire thread (a lot of pages) so I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but I get one bug that annoys me very much.

All the pilot's handguns appear invisible-the sound effects are there, they fire, they work, but the actual handgun isn't there, just the pilot's hands closed together as if holding something. I'll try to get a screenshot in a second.

Hmm no I think I only have CBT_Brad_Scripts.pbo, seems I'm lacking an addon, obviously I'm the stupid one rather than the question  biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Excellent news on the update, fixed whiz without the error is great smile_o.gif Sleep tight smile_o.gif

lmao . . . that post was the highlight of my day lol biggrin_o.gif

i just checked, and in still keeping hte untouchable GMR fire. . . i have in fact brought back a hell of alot more ECP effects. like the flare/chaff on planes, the smoke on helos, the tail rotor failure, the bullet whiz ect.

i still have to do some more testing to ensure i didnt miss anything

and you know all this time. . the loss of ECP effects was caused by one lil config line. . .

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">init="[_this select 0] exec ""\ECP_Effects\init.sqs""";

should have been

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">init="_this exec ""\ECP_Effects\init.sqs""";

this select 0 shit killed alot of effects and scripts. but now its back biggrin_o.gif

so if you will excuse me im gonna go take an SU25 around the desert island with about 28 AA soldiers shooting missels at me to ensure that i did in fact get the flare/chaff back on planes

alright folks lil update

ive implemented 99% of all ECP effects back into this bad boy

that includes HALO, ECMs for all helos and planes except the civi cessna, bullet whiz, AT backblast, and a shit load of other features im too lazy to list tounge_o.gif

the downside is you will have to re-download the beta pack (now at 30 megs) due to the updated Apac.pbo (AH64) and the updated su25.pbo (Su25) that has the updated features in their config smile_o.gif

wheni get back from dinner ill begine uploading

Ok I have not read the entire thread but....

When Downloading the files....does the installer have all the needed addons in it or do u need to download each and every addon seperately? crazy_o.gif

Ok I have not read the entire thread but....

When Downloading the files....does the installer have all the needed addons in it or do u need to download each and every addon seperately?  crazy_o.gif

the only thing you need seperatly from the installer is ALL BAS addons.

and ONLY if your interested in the Experimental Updates the XY2K3 section at the bottom of the downloads page has the download links to other addons you may need for the Experimental versions

and the Updates are there smile_o.gif

redownload teh Beta Pack and the Config(s)

in the Beta Pack Updated Addons are: Apac.pbo and Su25.pbo

alot of the ECP effects are back now. . . and if you liked Y2K3 before. . you will LOVE it now with these effects back in biggrin_o.gif

alot of the ECP effects are back now. . . and if you liked Y2K3 before. . you will LOVE it now with these effects back in  biggrin_o.gif

That's great.

I just hope it's not to loud?

I can hurt my hearing. wink_o.gif

alot of the ECP effects are back now. . . and if you liked Y2K3 before. . you will LOVE it now with these effects back in  biggrin_o.gif

That's great.

I just hope it's not to loud?

I can hurt my hearing.  wink_o.gif

LMFAO biggrin_o.gif

now now. .lets be good to the nice hearing impared feller wink_o.gif

Hmm I downloaded the full installer & BAS installer on July 7th, should I still redownload???

Hmm I downloaded the full installer & BAS installer on July 7th, should I still redownload???

only if youre interested in the Experimental Updates leaidng up to the next full release. . .

if you would rather stay with a stable full version rather then an untested beta version then no you dont.

if you would liek to test the updates and new effects check the bottom of the downlaods page for what else you need smile_o.gif