Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Agree with the muzzle smoke. From small arms, it should vanish much quicker. The volume is nice, however.

Slightly unrelated problem: All fires, including the Objects: Glow and Smoke, all have black smoke on my machine. I need a colored smoke grenade/flare object. But right now, everything has thick, black(petrol-based fire), smoke. White smoke might be more appropriate, for these objects.

yea the smoke effect wasnt ment to carry onto the rifels and machine guns. . .that was an accident i didnt mind leaving in. cuz it did look rather nice. . . and yea i can adjust the fade time

the APC crew, the M113 and M2A2 is just "crew=cbt_crew_03" which rude dog armed with a JAM M16. personaly jam pisses me off, but im not about to go and make a new soldier class just to change his gun to be honest with ya

@AT backblast ive already mentioned this before, i cannot for hte life of me get that to work again so ive abandoned that aspect. sorry

@black smoke: it using a combination of GMR smoke/fire and ECP smoke. and to be honest i dont know which one it uses most so i really couldnt even begin to guess which PBO needs editing to do that

thanks for all the comments smile_o.gif

Brilliant work again Pappy. Just one prob which as popped up only twice- script\CBT_M113a_scripts\fx\KORD.sqs not found.

Brilliant work again Pappy. Just one prob which as popped up only twice-  script\CBT_M113a_scripts\fx\KORD.sqs not found.

weird crazy_o.gif i got that with INQ's M2 once too. i think it has something to do with the M113 pack having scripts for its MG

ok the configs are updated/uploaded

gun smoke lasts a total of 3 seconds. it will last 1.5 seconds before fading out, and the fade otu takes 1.5 seconds. so thats a total of 3 seconds you can see the gunsmoke.

tested and it seems better now. for the M16 its really not that big a deal unless you unload the full clip in 3rnd burst.

its the MGs such as the M249, M240, and M60 that will be most affected. fireing in short bursts (which most gunners do) works. but if you go full auto rambo on their asses your view will be slightly distorted thru the smoke as it would be in real life. so no more ramboisums tounge_o.gif

Dear sir,

Thank you for doing such a brilliant job!!!!! Keep on going!!!

I'm also thinking that it is possible to make a "Config.bin" which replaces most of the official things to WWII stuff,such as Invation 1944.

So all of us can play all official missions in a new way. Do you have time to do this for lots of WWII fans?

Thanks in advance! biggrin_o.gif

i belive I44 has already decided to do something like that on thier release

besides ive recently uninstalled most of my WWII stuff except for my love, the planes. so even if i wanted to i couldnt cuz i dont have the addons. . . and too with 9 million "panzer" tanks out there i can assure you taht there is no way that we could come to a desion on which one to use crazy_o.gif

I've recently uninstalled most of my WWII stuff except for my love, the planes.

I just did the same about a week ago, it was just 400mb worth of addons that were never used, but the planes are excellent.

I've recently uninstalled most of my WWII stuff except for my love, the planes.

I just did the same about a week ago, it was just 400mb worth of addons that were never used, but the planes are excellent.

yea i fight then agasint modern planes just for a nice lil challenge. but the units and tanks i rarely used. and i needed to save HD space and OFP memory space for the other addons i have smile_o.gif

I love the smoke effect, it helped me locate an enemy hiding and firing in a bush yesterday smile_o.gif

But I'll try the new one now, maybe it's even better.

Hi pappy !

Please tell me how can I change the BIS chinook with the BAS one. What session of cpp file I should edit to get this work ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi pappy !

Please tell me how can I change the BIS chinook with the BAS one. What session of cpp file I should edit to get this work ?

Thanks in advance !

you would need to edit the CH47.pbo

actualy what you do is. . .wait. . . a day or two. . . until i implement it for you wink_o.gif

i give in. the CH47 wil be replaced by the MH47E.

but this is, however a mod for the people, by the people smile_o.gif you tell me what you want, and i give it to ya.

now i personaly have the C8X M249 as the default machine gun for the machine gunner. would anyone else like to do the same?

the M240 is a crew served machine gun more for large platoons, not your typical squad.

and unless i can get enough argument against it, im }{ this close to changing it to suchy/earls M249 dispite its 0 recoil value, (which isnt all that entirely false, the M249 has very little to no reciol irl)

Pappy, I wanted to complement you on the wonderful mod. It's torn me away from Ghost Recon which is no small task in and of itself.

On to business. I vote for Earl's 249, as well as his AK-74M's to replace the AK-74's which are currently implemented in the mod. His models are just so picture perfect and more analogous to the modern Russian OrBat, at least for more specialized or elite units.

And one last request. I know the config without the ECP effects implemented in unsupported but would it be possible to get an updated version for the current beta release. At the moment I'm replaying the 1985 campaign and am getting ctd's at mission startup periodically making further progress impossible. I'd really appreciate it.

SC

Pappy, I just want you to known you have renewed my addiction to OFP. I was playing it for like 2-3 hours a day one year ago, then I stopped. Now im back to 2-3 hours a day.

This is probably one of the best mods in the history of mods (in any game)... at least in my opinion.

you mean a version without ECP effects?

didnt someone say there was a way to get around that be just deleteing al the scripts out of the ECP pbo files?

becuz if this is in fact true, then ill just do that for you and ofer the pbo pack for peopel who want to play the campaign(s) again

and also folks i have something that. . well.  .ill let you take a look at the picture and figure out for yourself

atbb.jpg

you mean a version without ECP effects?

didnt someone say there was a way to get around that be just deleteing al the scripts out of the ECP pbo files?

becuz if this is in fact true, then ill just do that for you and ofer the pbo pack for peopel who want to play the campaign(s) again

and also folks i have something that. . well.  .ill let you take a look at the picture and figure out for yourself

atbb.jpg

We love you Pappy wink_o.gif

Sorry for any confusion, new to OFP's file structure. Basically I meant this:

OFP: Y2K3 Config by Pappy Boyington Modified by Kuba

==================================================================================

More CPU Friendly Version

Changes:

- ECP Effects disabled

- changed GMR settings from high detail Flamers's to low detail Smoker's

- Chopper dust disabled

- some scripts from BAS Helos disabled

If you have any problems and/or suggestions please post them here(English):

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=38303

or here(Polish)

http://www.neochan.csk.pl/ofp/viewtopic.php?t=984

updated to usethe current beta files. (ie M113A, A10, etc)

Definitely put in the M249....it's an automatic rifle as opposed to the M240, which as has already been said is more like the M60.

Anyhow, I'm just wondering...does the latest version have all the new Combat addons in it?  Also, how about adding a fixed M9 as the standard sidearm rather than the .45?  (I love the 1911 but it's not in use anymore sad_o.gif )

Just as an aside, I was hacking up HYK's dudes to give them all Earl's weapons...I recommend doing that if you haven't already wink_o.gif

Definitely put in the M249....it's an automatic rifle as opposed to the M240, which as has already been said is more like the M60.

Anyhow, I'm just wondering...does the latest version have all the new Combat addons in it?  Also, how about adding a fixed M9 as the standard sidearm rather than the .45?  (I love the 1911 but it's not in use anymore sad_o.gif )

Just as an aside, I was hacking up HYK's dudes to give them all Earl's weapons...I recommend doing that if you haven't already wink_o.gif

actualy in the feild alot more soldiers are bringing back the 1911 as the M9 does not have the stoping power that the .45 has

suchy/earls weapons are the M16A4 which was NOT fully in service in 2003. as of today its still "experimental" in the sense that only special forces and USMC has them. the M16A2 was/still is the most widely deployed rifel for the US.

the M249 will replace the M240 in the next version

the AT backblast works on the following ONLY dispite all attempts:

RPG-75

LAW

AT4

Carl Gustav

JAM_AT4

JAM_RPG7

JAM_M72

Untested, but should work on:

Stinger

Strela

Does NOT work on:

Keg_RPG7

Such RPGd16

Any other unmentioned AT weapons

I actually just saw something on CNN the other day and which had a great deal of footage taken at the US Army Infantry School in Benning, Georgia. Every single trainee was using the M-16A4 with CCO on it, if you look at pictures in Iraq now also, there are far more Army infantrymen carrying them. I'd suggest replacing the INQ weapons also, as they also cause more lag on lesser systems.

I actually just saw something on CNN the other day and which had a great deal of footage taken at the US Army Infantry School in Benning, Georgia. Every single trainee was using the M-16A4 with CCO on it, if you look at pictures in Iraq now also, there are far more Army infantrymen carrying them. I'd suggest replacing the INQ weapons also, as they also cause more lag on lesser systems.

"the other day" indicates the year 2004. this mod is 2003 wink_o.gif and last year the A4 was not standard issue

the INQ weapons only lag when they used jpeg textures. these ones use paa/pac textures.

when i started this mod it HAD to have 3 things:

INQ Weapons

GMR Fire

DR Sounds

those 3 things are non-negotiable ghostface.gif

sorry

Ok Folks: Update Time

configs.rar updated with the new AT backblast, and the HH60, and MH60, used to replace the BIs UH60, now have the (mg) and (ffar) tag after thier name so u can tell them apart in the editor.

the Beta pack with included/updated addons has the CH47.pbo that is converted to an MH47E with all animations and scripts retained. as well as the M2A2.pbo updated once more to fix script paths, functions, and the annoying blank ID plates.

Redownload the Following:

Config(s)

X-Y2K3 Beta Addons Pack (only ch47.pbo and m2a2.pbo updated in this file)

Sounds great,

downloading now. You sure are a freakin` workhorse dishing out updates in no time tounge_o.gif

Greets

Sounds great,

downloading now. You sure are a freakin` workhorse dishing out updates in no time tounge_o.gif

Greets

if theres a problem or a bug. . .theres no reason that you need to live with it one minute longer then you have to.

my users get the very best qualty and updates as soon as i can fix them.

you guys (and gals) deserve the best. and only the best. and you deserve it asap  smile_o.gif

like i said "Y2K3 is a Mod for the People, by the People"