Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Lost brothers c130 pack

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the Lost Brothers released our c130 pack.

The pack consists of one Israeli (IAF) C130 and a Egyptian C130. They are based off of Adammo's C130 (with his permission) but with some texture and model modifications to add more detail to them. Currently this is a beta so its not the final version. But it's good enough to start making plenty of missions with it and our IDF infantry pack.

The differences between the two C130's are that the IAF one has a probe on the left side of the cockpit and the Egyptian one does not but has an observation bubble on the roof.

Right now we have some volunteers from this community who are generously helping us with some new textures so hopefully future versions of these C130's will have several textures including perhaps a couple with user designated textures on them. Also I'm still trying to find help on implementing flares to these hercs as well.

At any rate, I have alot of fun with these planes and thank Adammo for making these great aircraft and allowing other mod teams and addon makers to modify them. Big hats off to Adammo (aka-Captain Moore).

smile_o.gif

LoBoC1303.jpg

The pack is available at ofp.info at:

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/LoBoC130pack.rar

&

ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/LoBoC130pack.rar

Any additional mirrors are welcomed!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I said it before

Quote[/b] ]Sorry to say this but that camo texture is no good.

It's great to see addon-makers striving to increase and improve the range of units and equipment available to OpFPers worldwide.  Please don't think me rude, but I shall be exercising my prerogative not to download your latest work - I shall hang on until the final version appears.  This is partly because of the texturing, and partly because of the presence of what appear to be AAR hose-pods outboard of the engines.  I haven't any experience of the Egyptian AF using C130s for AAR, but then again my knowledge of their ops isn't exhaustive.  If it helps, the best image I can find is:

su-baj-m.jpg

Best of luck with your project, and many thanks for all the hard work you and the other addon-makers do on behalf of Flashpoint users everywhere.

Really nice plane but textures need some work. Textures aint crap and I dont need them to be BAS quality but little fine tuning is never bad. wink_o.gif

And another little glitch is no egyptian pilots or troops that could parachute out of this little beast. When you release egyptian forces its going to be much more usefull.

I can already imagine egyptian soldiers parachuting over Sinai to take back their lost military pride in wars against Israel. tounge_o.gif

Yeah I know.  But as I said in the original post,  we have volunteers working on improving the textures.  

The purpose of releasing this pack is so that the IDF infantry demo we released earlier have a plane to parachute out of and likewise so will the Egyptian infantry that hopefully will be finished up soon.  

But thanks for the encouragement. Much appreciated. I'm working on some airborne missions also so hopefully I'll have some missions out that use these addons soon. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

It's great to see addon-makers striving to increase and improve the range of units and equipment available to OpFPers worldwide.  Please don't think me rude, but I shall be exercising my prerogative not to download your latest work - I shall hang on until the final version appears.  This is partly because of the texturing, and partly because of the presence of what appear to be AAR hose-pods outboard of the engines.  I haven't any experience of the Egyptian AF using C130s for AAR, but then again my knowledge of their ops isn't exhaustive.  If it helps, the best image I can find is:

http://www.lutonjets.biz/su-baj-m.jpg

Best of luck with your project, and many thanks for all the hard work you and the other addon-makers do on behalf of Flashpoint users everywhere.

Yeah, those are just fuel tanks on ours.  No AAR capability.  

But yeah hopefully the textures will be improved significantly.  Thanks for the input.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

1 question, can you enter this C-130, like HAWK'S C-130, and if so, does it have cargo doors and the para-chute doors? (for some that don't know what I mean by "para-chute doors" I mean the doors near the rear where the troops inside come out of to para-chute)

EDIT>>>It looks to me like it has opening cargo ramp, as there is an action on the action menu.

It doesn't have the side parachute doors. However because it is based off of Adammo's improved C130 Version 2 addon, it has the animated rear cargo door and improved interior textures (vastly improved over version1). It also has the 3rd seat in the cockpit unlike Hawk's model.

To see the 3rd seat, try grouping to the C130 2 pilots set to "cargo" in the map editor. Select the 2nd pilot as the "player" and then test it out.

You will find yourself sitting in the 3rd seat which has an extremely cool view when you're flying.

As for parachute scripts, no I didn't add any because they tend to be problematic since they eject the crew of the C130 as well.

sad_o.gif

However there are various excellent parachute scripts available for mission makers and as soon as the Egyptian troop addons are out I will make a mission using them. I may however just make a generic parachute template mission over the default desert island.

The nice thing about the editor based scripts is that they don't eject the crew in the plane along with the cargo.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

addon looks good but i wont download because there is no missions included ... im just no good at makeing missions

2 requests... if you could add the front door, where pilots get on and stuff...make it open and also make the cockpit enterable...possibly a toilet room?(just kidding 'bout the last one, although that would be funny tounge_o.gif )

I'm not sure if I have the addon making expertise to do that, but I certainly will continue to try and improve it. One thing I really wanted to do with Adammo's C130 is to make it into a MC-130 Combat Talon II Special Ops aircraft.

The problem with sticking in a side door is figuring out how to basically cut a hole into the existing model. I need to get some advice on how to do that (or whether an entire section of the model would have to be restructured and re-texture mapped).

To make working steps and stuff there are also some special qualities that those sections require, but that I don't know how to create. I also need to learn more about creating animated sections on addons.

But as I mess around editing existing addons I'm slowly picking up new techniques. Sadly however I can't devote myself to making addons as it's already taking away too much time from my graduate studies as I approach the end of my studies and try to finish up my thesis.

So right now I'm just enjoying messing around with existing addons and adding a few new features to the models and playing around with scripts and stuff.

Adammo also takes great pride and joy in this C130 so perhaps I'll convince him to make a version 3 with new features. I might even see about collaborating with him to make and fine tune a C130 pack with various types of C130's that can utilize Footmunch's international roundel system.

He may also want to add all the doors and stuff you guys would like to see... but he also may prefer for other addon makers to further develop his C130 so that he can work on new stuff since right now it's a fairly solid, straight-forward cargo plane addon that gets the job done.

But for right now, until my friends here on the forum get back with me with some new C130 textures I'm going to be working on some IDF and Egyptian tanks and APCs.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Good to hear that you are not giving up though your mod has not too many people working on it.

I have much interest in Lost Brothers mod. Too bad I cant help you with addon making. I have absolutely no skills in that stuff but i can help if you need info of some vehicles or weaponry.

Right now I think I will use your C-130 in a mission where IDF interferes fighting in Tonal so islamic rebels dont gain upper hand against the govenment. smile_o.gif