Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

As far as I know, none.

My LAN crew runs cooperative MP all the time. We incorporate quite a number of different addons with EECP .4

Server and clients all run exactly the same configuration. We have no issues, whatsoever. I've been doing alot of testing with this and I'm very happy with (E)ECP's multiplayer stability.

Hope this helps!

After playing a number of coop maps tonight with my crew using EECP .4 (and all of our add'l addons), I've found a few things that may deserve a look. These may be related to EECP, but some can just be "changed" by EECP for the better.

- AA launchers are just horribly ineffective. The only aircraft they can take down are the light choppers. Everything else just shrugs it off. Considering the power of the munitions used in those launchers, they should be a more viable weapon than they currently are.

- There appears to be some sort of "light twitching bug" that may be related to EECP. I don't recall it doing this with normal ECP. This bug presents itself, at least for me and my comrades, on headlights and taillights of trucks and cars (choppers too..at night). They rapidly move up and down, making for some rather odd visuals. Could someone else double check me on this?

- I mentioned this before, but it's become very noticeable as of late. There's a sound of all tanks "reloading" (clunk noise of a shell being readied?) that is very very loud. Could it be toned down a bit? IMHO, one shouldn't be able to hear a tank reloading from 20-30 meters away from it. Again, tank sounds in general could use a bit of retooling as far as volume and presence. The FX themselves are fine.

That's it for now. I just wanted to post these up while my crew was here and I had the chance to confirm these on multiple machines.

If anybody can explain or rebuke the above claims, please do so, as there may be easily explainable solutions that I'm missing.

Thanks! and keep up the Great Work, Kurayami!

.:iXnay

- AA launchers are just horribly ineffective. The only aircraft they can take down are the light choppers. Everything else just shrugs it off. Considering the power of the munitions used in those launchers, they should be a more viable weapon than they currently are.

Looking at the values for the AA missiles, one direct hit should be enough to bring down an Mi-24 (hit = 400, armor = 110.) With that in mind, my hypothesis is that, even when it appears to be a clean hit, the countermeasure scripts are firing RIGHT before the missile hits, thus causing the Hind to be hit with the missile's indiirect damage value -- only 150, which is probably not enough to destroy it, and that would go hand-in-hand with my findings that it took an average of two near misses or "apparent hits" to down one.

I'll look into playing with this a bit. I'll probably increase the direct hit damage only slightly, but increase the indirect hit damage and range more meaninfully since a SAM in reality will be pretty devistating even if it detonates several meters away.

Quote[/b] ]- There appears to be some sort of "light twitching bug" that may be related to EECP. I don't recall it doing this with normal ECP. This bug presents itself, at least for me and my comrades, on headlights and taillights of trucks and cars (choppers too..at night). They rapidly move up and down, making for some rather odd visuals. Could someone else double check me on this?

I haven't seen this behavior, and I can't really think of anything that I've changed that could cause this. The Reflectors class defines where the vehicle lights are, and I've kept the exact same values as the original vehicle for those that I've replaced.

I'm not sure what could cause this.

Quote[/b] ]- I mentioned this before, but it's become very noticeable as of late. There's a sound of all tanks "reloading" (clunk noise of a shell being readied?) that is very very loud. Could it be toned down a bit? IMHO, one shouldn't be able to hear a tank reloading from 20-30 meters away from it. Again, tank sounds in general could use a bit of retooling as far as volume and presence. The FX themselves are fine.

I agree. Eventually I'll get around to retooling a lot of the sound volumes since some of them bug me quite a bit.

I think that the sound in question is supposed to be the breech being slammed shut. The Russian autoloaders aren't quite as loud with the current settings.

Found out my proplem. When I saw the link to Marfeys M925 i found a zip called MafM925 . Found out you need the one called MafM925nato.PBO. Proplem solved. Now I'm enjoying 1985 with new units. FUN. smile_o.gif

hey kurayami, i love your eecp! it made me play the old 1985 with a lot of fun again! smile_o.gif

just one more suggestion (dunno if it has been mentioned before thou).

*the BLACKOP (LASER) unit still displays the original BIS model. further, could you please also change the laserdesignator model to the BAS one?

keep your hard work up, dude! smile_o.gif

Found out my proplem. When I saw the link to Marfeys M925 i found a zip called MafM925 . Found out you need the one called MafM925nato.PBO. Proplem solved. Now I'm enjoying 1985 with new units. FUN. smile_o.gif

Yeah, things like that can cause all manner of problems. I should make a note of it in the readme. Glad you solved it.

just one more suggestion (dunno if it has been mentioned before thou).

*the BLACKOP (LASER) unit still displays the original BIS model. further, could you please also change the laserdesignator model to the BAS one?

Yup. That's a known bug.

The Black Op (laser designator) is still using the BIS model and also has an option to raise/lower non-existent goggles. There is nothing that I can do to fix this unless somebody can get me a complete uncompiled copy of the LaserGuided.pbo config.

I've even tried extracting what I need from the config with a hex editor, but that didn't work out very well.

It's easy enough to change the Black Op's model (I just need to have the class inherit from the soldierwsabatuer class,) but the LaserDesignatorBase class is the problem. I have no idea how it's configured because I can't read the config, so there's no real point of redefining the black op if I can't define the designator...

If somebody could get me that, I'd be happy to change both models. I doubt anybody has it, though. You can't use hex to get the values and unpbo 1.3 won't decompile the binary completely.

I found a bug today while testing some stuff, so I figured I'd mention it to save anyone else the trouble of reporting it:

The V-80 has an option to lower non-existent landing gear and is armed with the BMP-2's 2A42 cannon (bloops.) Both will be fixed, and I'll give it its proper designation while I'm at it (Ka-50.)

It took me most of the day, but I finally have a set of "universal" aerial weapon effect scripts implemented. They still require some tweaking, but if it's propelled by a rocket and launched from an aircraft, it has new effects.

ah64.gif

A rather crappy 99.97KB (I should get a prize for that one) GIF of the Hellfire launch effect (still needs some work. The size and placement of the smoke clouds needs to be tweaked a bit.)

frog.jpg

Su-25 unleashing a volley of 57mm rockets.

I'm also planning on adapting BAS' cool falling brass casing script to the BIS units, but I don't know if I'll get around to it for this version.

This looks great Kurayami I have just switched from Y2K3 to this and have been hooked ever since. Great Work!

Can't wait to see those new effects in action. Also looking forward to hearing the shell "wiz" effect again.

I have no idea when the next release will be. It's about 90% done, but I'm still waiting for permission to include several things, which is holding up any testing or release plans.

I emailed Jonno and Marfy a week ago asking for permission to release my 5t pack, but neither of them have replied. I also PMed Kegetys and Blake asking for permission to include some of his old weapons and to be allowed to adapt FDF Mod's recoil values for my config respectively, but neither of them have replied either.

If I don't get any answers, I'm going to have to rip out all of this stuff before release, I guess. If any of you know these people and can pass on my requests for permission to them, that would probably speed things up a bit.

I also PMed Kegetys and Blake asking for permission to include some of his old weapons and to be allowed to adapt FDF Mod's recoil values for my config respectively, but neither of them have replied either.

If I don't get any answers, I'm going to have to rip out all of this stuff before release, I guess. If any of you know these people and can pass on my requests for permission to them, that would probably speed things up a bit.

You don´t have to rip it, the answer is simple no, no you can not adapt FDF Mod's recoil values.

To be honest, the recoil value is one of the things I always change about your config. So from that perspective, its not a big deal to me.

I am not sure why that would be considered a rip of a mod. For the other things, yes, I can see you need permission (using other addon models, effects, etc.) But this is merely an adjustment of a recoil value (correct me if I am wrong). I can see that FDF went through a lot of trouble to get what they felt would be perfect recoil values. I myself have done the same thing for my own config's and it is a lot of trial and error. But what if it happened that after all my own trial and error I ended up with the same recoil values ( or even just in the ball park). Would that mean I ripped off their mod, just because they did it first? I don't know. I DO think that permission should be sought for all the other models and effects incorporated, but that one just seems a little hokey to me - like they have a monopoly on recoil values. Other things that fall under this category to me are things like

Changing zooms of different optics

Changing speed values of the vehicles

changing armor values

For example, if BAS used an armor value of 200 on their chopper, then could no one else use that armor value without permission?

But then again - who gives a rats @ss what I think!

I appreciate everything FDF mod has done. Its just this one aspect of the modification, doesn't really seem proprietary to me.

Crap, I just realized how off topic this is. I appologize - but maybe I have a valid point.

@ June 16 2004,14:22)]You don´t have to rip it, the answer is simple no, no you can not adapt FDF Mod's recoil values.

Fair enough. I'll rip that out of my development version right now and revert to the BIS values. I got the idea mostly because I noticed that an FDF Mod team member seemed to be supportive of allowing somebody to adopt the FDF recoil values for their weapons on your forums, but if you don't want me to use them, I'll respect your wishes.

This is, of course, the reason that I sought your permission in the first place.

To be honest, the recoil value is one of the things I always change about your config. So from that perspective, its not a big deal to me.

Would you mind elaborating on this? How do you change them? I'm looking to come up with more realistic recoil values, but I don't really have the time to sit around and painstakingly test tons and tons of different values if I want to get anything else done.

Quote[/b] ]I appreciate everything FDF mod has done. Its just this one aspect of the modification, doesn't really seem proprietary to me.

I agree with this sentiment to an extent. However, if they don't want me to use it, I won't use it. It was their work to get there, not mine.

Anyone have a thought on Y2K3 vs ECP?

Ive played the resistance campaign about halfway thru with Y2K3 and encountered a few bugs that have halted my progress. Pappy has been VERY helpful in fixing them though.

How does regular ECP compare? Or is all of ECP allready used in Pappys mod?

Thanks

Personnaly, I think Pappy is more People orientated, while Kurayami is more of a Perfection and Realist. He uses the 249 as a Support Weapon there is no UH-60 with FFAR's He uses the M16A4 and his stuff is all Realistic. Pappy has some unrealistic stuff in his config, like the M16A2, the 240, and the UH-60 with FFAR's.

From my own experience I agree with Rishon.  The other thing I notice is that Kurayami's work seems more stable.  I like Pappy's work and appreciate what he's doing as well, but if you read that post, its 5 times as long, but most of it is troubleshooting.   They are both doing a great service to OFP fans.  I think I posted earlier that I was basically doing the same thing with my config, but then these guys came along and blew the work I was doing out of the water.

Edit

Oh and BTW, Kurayami, I have to believe that you know where the recoil values are determined within the config. You are obviously a hell of a lot more versed in the layout of the config, so I am not sure of your question. But one thing you may want to look into is the aimprecision function. See this thread

aim precision thread

If you know all about this, again, shut me up. This allows for more movement of the target view, but doesn't screw up anything in terms of dispersion.

I play mostly Co-op with my bro against the ai and the other thing that helps with enhancing firefights are the aidispersion coef lines and ai rates of fire. If you want I can email my version of your config to see what I mean. I have some other changes I make to the config that I don't think anyone here would like (like zoom on iron sites - because my eyes suck and I'd rather be able to zoom my guns in a little than have my face against my monitor).

Let me know. Anything that I can contribute, I'd feel good about.

@ June 15 2004,19:22)]You don´t have to rip it, the answer is simple no, no you can not adapt FDF Mod's recoil values.

Ok I again am not very pleased with this arrogant attitude being displayed by mod teams. Remember we are all trying to add to the ofp community.

FDF recoils gives better ambience and challenge, yet you don't want anyone using them?! Fucking ridiculous. Especially considering a recoil value is basically a few numbers ...

Bloody hell guys you are doing an excellent job at making OFP new and fresh yet you don't want to expand it via new people.This attitude is selfish, childish and really dividing OFP addon making teams.

This is bloody outrageous and you guys need to sort your priorities out.

Slightly agitated Jinef.

Hello guys

I would like to know if it is OK with you to replace the Ural truck with the BTR80.

I have tried doing this but the cannon doesn't work. Based on pics and videos from the Chechen War and elsewhere the Russians do not use trucks to ferry troops into battle. Even patrols are done with BTRs. At first I wondered why the Russians were so short of trucks because lots of them are ontop of BTRs.

So to be realistic and to make use of this great addon that was never used in any user made mission, how about replacing the Ural truck with the BTR80?

Please give your opinions on this, guys  smile_o.gif

@ June 15 2004,19:22)]You don´t have to rip it, the answer is simple no, no you can not adapt FDF Mod's recoil values.

Ok I again am not very pleased with this arrogant attitude being displayed by mod teams. Remember we are all trying to add to the ofp community.

Whole situation would be different if this would be the real Config Project. But now that this is A MOD of A MOD... ehh I don't really see a point there.

We had a really nice co-operation with snYpir and the ECP project but too bad he doesn't develop ECP anymore.

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Jinef @ June 16 2004,02:27)

Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ June 15 2004,19:22)

You don´t have to rip it, the answer is simple no, no you can not adapt FDF Mod's recoil values.

Whole situation would be different if this would be the real Config Project. But now that this is A MOD of A MOD... ehh I don't really see a point there.

So you adopt this attitude because it's a mod of a mod?That, to me, is the height of arrogance.I'm totally in agreement with Jinef on this one.

BTW,I use ECP,EECP,FDF mods and enjoy them immensely,why not combine the best features ?

Calm down people. Let's not quarrel. smile_o.gif

Instead, why don't you all think and comment about the possible replacement of the Ural with a BTR80 since Russians use this for transport instead of trucks.

Quote[/b] ]Instead, why don't you all think and comment about the possible replacement of the Ural with a BTR80 since Russians use this for transport instead of trucks.

Why do you post it both E-ecp and Y2K2 threads?

I think it's not good habit.

Sorry to say that but you should learn forum rules.

Popingwo it's not used as overall transport. If you need to transport some crates of ammuntion over a highway from one base to another you wouldn't use a fuel guzzling BTR. Vehicles have designs and uses, lorries are still very important as they are cheap to operate. Just use an addon and edit missions to your will.

Edit: Oh and all editors and mod makers start from somewhere, Mikkov when you started editing did you ever need help with aspects or want to start from somewhere? Saying fuck off to small time mission makers and modders basically halts the production of small time mods and thus a lot of good ideas are not conceived. Has the FDF mod ever used anything from OFPEC, I would bloody well think so and i'm very sure that OFPEC is not what it is now by having a condenscending attitude towards newer modders. Grow up for fuck's sake.

Nubbin - use the recoils and modify each value by 0.001, thus these are now the nubbin recoil mod and noone else can use his values, capiche? Remember that all mods (Apart from Chain of Command) are under no legal protection (We are all under BIS terms and conditions) and it's only common courtesy and respect to ask for models and textures and stuff, however if it gets to a point where the community is fragmented due to isolationist mod policies then fuck them, rip it out guys and make OFP better.

Oh and BTW, Kurayami, I have to believe that you know where the recoil values are determined within the config. You are obviously a hell of a lot more versed in the layout of the config, so I am not sure of your question. But one thing you may want to look into is the aimprecision function. See this thread

I see. I thought that you meant that you had come up with your own CfgRecoils class similar to FDF's.

I would like to know if it is OK with you to replace the Ural truck with the BTR80.

While I agree that the BTR-80 sees far too little use (it's an awesome unit,) this would unbalance things quite a bit, so I have no plans to do it.

Quote[/b] ]I have tried doing this but the cannon doesn't work.

You may be forgetting to define its weapons in CfgWeapons.