Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

Combat! discussion thread

Maybe it should be coded so that if you destroy an ambulance, even one on an opposing side, you get a big negative to your mission score (thought whether this is better built into the addon or into the mission, I don't know).

It can be put in the mission (addrating). I haven't seen a config with a score value in it yet that I can recall.

great Tanks, but erm will those tents be available for download.

great Tanks, but erm will those tents be available for download.

The tent is part of the M577 addon and will be deployable via user action.

Maybe it should be coded so that if you destroy an ambulance, even one on an opposing side, you get a big negative to your mission score (thought whether this is better built into the addon or into the mission, I don't know).

I think this will work in a C&H or DM where people look at the scoreboard. But in a coop, nobodey will care about that.

I just remembered... the M981 FIST-V is almost identical to the M901 ITV. Any chance that we'd see one of those, equipped with the laser designator and maybe CoC UA compatible? smile_o.gif

M-981 FIST-V

I just remembered... the M981 FIST-V is almost identical to the M901 ITV. Any chance that we'd see one of those, equipped with the laser designator and maybe CoC UA compatible?  smile_o.gif

M-981 FIST-V

Unfortunatley, Laser designators are only available as man-portable weapons and heliocopters. sad_o.gif  I had to also drop the M7 Fist from the pack.

As of now I have no release date, I still have some small issues to resolve and some texture fine tuning and then we beta test. Hope that helps.... smile_o.gif

Pablo

Look ma!  Round wheels!

M2A2 ODS, M113 Ambulance and M901 ITV

m2ods2.sized.jpg

Hi Res

FYI, Bradleys have gone from beta to release candidate status.  Shouldn't be long now, pending no big bugs are found.

will there be just a standard m113 in both des and Woodland?

also whats the survivability of the bradley against RPG's?

I only can repeat what Hellfish6 was saying: Outstanding!

AFAIK, Pablo will be doing M113A1, A2 And A3. There will be standard M113, standard ambulance and armed ambulance.  They will come in desert and nato and the A1 will also come with NAM era colors.

BIS RPG's take usually 2 hits to destroy the Bradleys, but sometimes 1.

I can only repeat what Medicus was saying: "I only can repeat what Hellfish6 was saying: Outstanding!" tounge_o.gif

I mean it!

AFAIK, Pablo will be doing M113A1, A2 And A3. There will be standard M113, standard ambulance and armed ambulance.  They will come in desert and nato and the A1 will also come with NAM era colors.

BIS RPG's take usually 2 hits to destroy the Bradleys, but sometimes 1.

ah coolio, i just wish there was some kind of survivability when a tank/apc is destroyed in ofp.

I can only repeat what Cpt. Frostbite was saying: "I can only repeat what Medicus was saying: 'I only can repeat what Hellfish6 was saying: Outstanding!'"

Once it's released, I'll give the armor a thorough testing. The latest version of the Bradley (M2A2 ODS) proved to be quite resistant to RPG fire during the last Iraq war. In fact, I don't remember reading about any of them being destroyed (can anyone confirm this?). Ideally, I'd like to see it be able to withstand three BIS RPG-22 hits. However, I still think a T-55 round should be able to take out a Brad. Tough to balance the values. sad_o.gif

I'd like to see something in OFP2 where there are seperate RHA and ERA values for armor. RHA is the actual rating of the armor vs. kinetic warheads like sabot, and ERA is the actual rating of armor vs. chemical (HEAT) warheads. For example, the M-1A2 has good protection against sabot rounds, but the chobam provides even greater protection against HEAT rounds. Same with reactive armor.

Here is the dilemma, I have created APC crew members from the HYK infantry, but after about 12 different attempts to contact the author of the HYK Infantry, I've had no success.

I know that the community has settled on best effort to contact author then give credit in readme.

What should I do, guys?

Woodland '03 APC crew and M6 Linebacker

wlcrew.sized.jpg

Hi-Res

Desert '91 APC crew and M2A1 Bradley

91crew.sized.jpg

Hi-Res

Including the proper credit in th read me should be "enough" considering you have made so many attempts to make contact with the author. Your post at the BoH forum is one month old now.

Borrowing an artist work must be the ultimate "ego boost", at least it would be for a butterfinger like myself. smile_o.gif

Hmm. Well I would read the readme on his poisition on the issue. If he sais "Under no circumstances can you use this addon, or any parts of it to make your own unless expressed permission is given by me..." blah blah. I wouldnt run around releasing it then. But if he sais "Just give me credit where it is due." release it.

Also Rudedog you will want to remove that webgear, since its not easy gettin in tank with gear sticking out in all directions to hang on the metall. Also i'm just infantry but I do believe tankers have their own boots so you would need to change those. Body armor isnt even highly common to wear for a tank crew. they, or te ones here at whford usually put that on if they get out or man the mg's,

althought there is that coolant vest they wear that looks like armor in a way. and you may wish to apply a simple grey texture to the top inside of the drivers hatch. Looks odd it being jet black, other than that this has shaped up to be a damn near perfect addon.

Sincerely,

BlackDeath

Hmm. Well I would read the readme on his poisition on the issue. If he sais "Under no circumstances can you use this addon, or any parts of it to make your own unless expressed permission is given by me..." blah blah. I wouldnt run around releasing it then. But if he sais "Just give me credit where it is due." release it.

Also Rudedog you will want to remove that webgear, since its not easy gettin in  tank with gear sticking out in all directions to hang on the metall. Also i'm just infantry but I do believe tankers have their own boots so you would need to change those. Body armor isnt even highly common to wear for a tank crew. they, or te ones here at whford usually put that on if they get out or man the mg's,

althought there is that coolant vest they wear that looks like armor in a way. and you may wish to apply a simple grey texture to the top inside of the drivers hatch. Looks odd it being jet black.

Sincerely,

BlackDeath

Actually, these are APC crewman, who wear the same BDU's, body armor and boots as standard ground troops.  Tank crew will come later, and be dressed appropriately.

Also, nothing in the readme about permissions.

if he would not wanted people to use them he would have stated in the readme, you have tried your best to contact him/her, release em and state credits for him.