Sign in to follow this  
lee_h._oswald

Desert 5t truck pack.

Hi all.

I always thought: So many good desert vehicles, but no repair, ammo and fuel trucks in desert colours.

Then I saw ShadowY's signature with exact those vehicles.

I asked him about it and he said, that he edited "AJS = Abuu & Jonno Studios" jungle camo truck pack with MAF's amazing desert 5T truck texes.

So I took a look at it and made this:

DesertSupportTrucks1.jpg

---

DesertSupportTrucks2.jpg

---

-5t truck(like MAF's truck)

-5t truck open

-5t truck repair

-5t truck ammo

-5t truck fuel

---

Some textures don't fit for 100%, but it's ok if you just want desert support vehicles. (As it is for me, I made this pack for personal use)

---

But I would like to ask if anybody is interested in such an addon.

If some ppl are interested, I could ask for permission to use the trucks and the textures, and release it.

Please tell me what you think.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Looks good, looks very good smile_o.gif

*hopes you get permission*

Defenitly Lee!

That would be very nice!

Perhaps some for the East side, too?

Mfg MEDICUS

I say Do it...

And hey why dont you bind up with people to make the pack bigger? ( i can help with it )

Like adding guns to the trucks

if u want i can get u in touch with Rudedog who is working on retexturing nd remaking most of the US army vehicles.

I say Do it...

And hey why dont you bind up with people to make the pack bigger? ( i can help with it )

yea there is no 5t trucks with guns or grenade launchers,

anyway I WANT THOSE TRUCKS GODAMMIT

man, you are making me very hot with your trucks, VERRRY HOT!!!  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

when you release them, i will be satisfied. ^^

I say Do it...

You mean like Rudedog with the desert bradley?

Ok, then everyone has to wait ~6month from now on to get those simple trucks, because I decided to make a huge monster pack out of it. Maybe with a desert painted aircraft carrier?

crazy_o.gif

Sorry, but NO!

If I get permission and release it, you can make out of it what you want.

My goal is to share some stuff that's needed for some time now.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Asking cant hurt Lee smile_o.gif

If I remember well deadmeat of b_a_s said he would have these (support)trucks in his desertpack.

But how long before that pack is done is still not sure mad_o.gif

j/k dm wink_o.gif

You mean like Rudedog with the desert bradley?

Ok, then everyone has to wait ~6month from now on to get those simple trucks, because I decided to make a huge monster pack out of it. Maybe with a desert painted aircraft carrier?

crazy_o.gif

Sorry, but NO!

LOL biggrin_o.gif

If I remember well deadmeat of b_a_s said he would have these (support)trucks in his desertpack.

Same with the hmmwv pack, flaber is working on.

I am sure BAS will release perfect hmmwvs, but we don't have those now, so lets use something other while waiting for the desert vehicle pack.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

In regards to earlier comments about the 5tons not having any firepower I do believe I've seen on some sites various pictures of an M-60 or M2 Browning in the cargo areas of the 5ton. It's not so much in a foward firing position (generally the HUMMV in point is good to take the threat up front), but more or less covering the left or right side from possible hostiles. WaffenDennis said he'd able to work with adding firepower to the 5tons, but I don't know how this would work on the 5ton BIS model. I know at least for the Jeep and HUMMV they've already been done in the game, but is it possible to addon on a 60 or Fifty to this particular addon as described? But yea Lee, if you can get permission I think everybody is in agreement that'd be great to release them. Thanks

The Army 5 ton and 2 1/2 ton usually had a gun ring over the passanger side of the cab that the assistant driver could man a 50 cal M60 or M240/249. Infact its the same partnumbers in the manual as they are for the duece in half. Just most 5 ton trucks are seldom geared up for compbat duty and just used for military transportation and supply needs. And led by armed armored HUMVEEs. Dispite the problems in Somalia where the added fire power could have helped.

Release 'em!

I like desert stuff smile_o.gif And this would be a really nice addition to the OFP desert community biggrin_o.gif

I would want em just for something to go with all the humvees in the old pack and the new ones I made. smile_o.gif

OK- whatever just RELEASE THE FUCKIN TRUCKS GODAMMIT!!

mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

Keep cool.

I can´t just release the trucks. I have to ask for permission FIRST!

I will search today how to contact MAF and the ppl that made the jungle camo trucks.

When everything is fine, I will release them.

DesertSupportTrucks3.jpg

I am happy that you all like the idea of the desert support trucks.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

yeah they looks great, m8!

mach weiter so, Lee, die sehen echt klasse aus!

Soory for the german sentence, that was necessary now smile_o.gif