Sign in to follow this  
threat.at

Where should i run "after montignac"

Hi - noob is online again sad_o.gif

On of the first missions in "Cold War Crisis" is "After Montignac" - as you probably remember, I just have stormed Montignac, but got fought back und had to flee to the wood with my troop.

In the next mission I'm alone and should run to a evacuation zone. Everyvery are hostiles and mostly in thirds oder bigger.

Hard to find, good skilled, deadly.

I should run the way to the EVAC in 15 minutes, that's impossible...

I have really no clue, how I should pass this examine... is somewhere a jeep hidden? Or is somewhere a M116 on the way, which could pick me up?

Hope you can help me? I've already searched this forum, but didn't find anything... maybe I forgot something?

Thanx for the FAQ info... didn't remember...

...A housewife, with 7 kids, which is a OFP pro, with a faible for military games, making big homepages and which find's landmines funny crazy_o.gif weird

The best thing about this mission is figuring out your own way. The whole point of this mission is to use your wits.

I used stealth. I managed to move right through a main enemy movement path right south of your starting location without anyone noticing me. smile_o.gif

This mission is not to bad. Take out Montignac. Easy. Your men will destroy the BMP. Now jump into that truck and you'll be driven to Provins. Provins is the hardest part. Watch out for well hidden enemies in bushes. You'll have a 203, so lob a few grenades into bushes to clear them out. When you get your orders, move into the forest east of the town. Mission will end there. Now you're on your own. Try to get to the evac point. I found this really easy. Run down the hill, watching out for the BMP and troops. Don't take them on though. Now run into that village. There's a yellow car there. Jump into it and drive like hell to the evac point. Watch out in the village though. There's a Ruskie squad guarding it. There pretty stupid though. I snuck behind a house and lobbed a grenade at them. Didn't kill any of them, but sure confused them. They all went prone and started looking around the place. I then thought that I was a gonner, but I got into the car anyway, and peeled rubber right in front of them. Not a single shot was fired at me. From there to the evac, uh, I mean capture, point, is a clear run.

I remember when i first did this mission.

I took the M16/M203 from the dead guy next to you. (due to the fact that the one i was carrying the previous night had vanished!), and the LAW Launcher from the other dead guy, two rockets, two extreamly larch 203 grenades and two M16 mags. As soon as i had a Soviet squad came up from the South. I fired a 203 at them, finished the rest of with the rifle, and headed off through the woods.

When i came out of the woods there was Mi24 floating around...so i shot it with a LAW, killed it and whent on into the other woods. Not long after a BMP found me, then found the business end of another LAW rocket. Off again across the road and up the hill only to be greated by another team from the USSR. another grenade and some spend cases and i was on my way to victory...or capture, as some call it.

Very scary mission.    The one that got me hooked on this game.

There is no "should".   There are lots of ways to complete it.   I crawled on my belly the whole way, using the folds in the ground for concealment, the first time.   The second time I dropped all the guards in a village, stole a vehicle, crashed it and stole another and ran the penultimate stretch dodging tank shells.

It is hard though, however you do it.    Just keep experimenting and don't get disheartened.   smile_o.gif

Oh, and don't try and have a firefight in the woods, you'll lose. The AI can see through the trees in woods, and you can't. In the woods run away or hide in bushes.

First time I played it, I just ran, shooting few patrols on the way. Somehow I managed to get through. Second time I mostly crawled and was able to stay undetected.

If you have trouble with that mission, you could always revert back to the attack on montigniac mission, and not do anything. Then, your squad will retreat, and you will get a different mission.

That one you start with the rest of your squad, driving in a convoy. Then you get out and kill some people, and are forced to get to the evac point on foot etc.

You're squad die in the end, but at least you have a squad for most of the mission. And you end up closer to the secondry evac point when the main one falls wink_o.gif

I need to read the FAQ. I have done this mission a dozen times using all kinds of methods to hids but somehow when i reach the extraction point I get bought everytime.

Thats ment to happen.

*Spoilers*

It leads to you getting rescued be the resistance wink_o.gif

I have beat the entire campaign at least 5 or 6 times. I have tried many different things on this mission.

You know how after you defeat province a uh-60 blackhawk comes to pickup your squad, then a hind comes in and chases him off. Well after playing this mission in the 3rd time through the campain I wanted to see if I could make it to the next mission with all my men instead of being alone.

So I used a rpg to shoot down the hind thinking it must be what takes out all my squad because I always made it to the forest with all of them and then the next mission I was alone. That didnt help...still alone.

This is where it gets crazy... even from the first time playing the campain I always went northwest to where there is a stationary manned bmp a uaz and a couple ruskies. I first take out the bmp with the law aquired from my dead comrades , then take out the 2 soldiers and steal the uaz since its faster offroad than the civi cars. Driver south towards the evac point past a t72 that tries to fire but i am moving too fast. Run over as many as i can on the ruskie squad and make it to the new evac or "capture" point.

Well I figured that maybe it capture can be avoided if I can make it to the first evac point.

So in my latter attempts I actually made it in a uaz to the first evac before it was overrun..... guess what?huh.gif Its really already in soviet hands even before they announce on radio its been overrun, no blackhawk there or anywhere around just enemies. So basically you HAVE to get captured. Sucks becaues I always try to find ways around the mission scripts if possible. I will play missions over and over trying to find the best way possible.

I just wished I coulda been evaced... oh well

banghead.gif

Another question about this: When you get to Provins, is it essential to take out the BMP?

I am currently playing the campaign again, using FFUR, but it has been a long time and I can't remember how this mission went for me six years ago.

This time, we took Montignac, moved into the truck and got ambushed at Provins. However, the guy with the LAW got killed at Montignac and so no one there was able to take out the BMP. Radio said that a UH was coming for rescue, but after waiting for half an hour nothing had happened. So I went back to Montignac, grabbed the LAW, took out the BMP and killed the last standing Russian, the guy at the RPG nest. The UH finally arrived, got shot down and the rest went as planned.

So, was this a bug or does the mission's script require the BMP to have been taken out before things commence?

Infidel

Yes, as it seems (it's been a while since I played this camp too wink_o.gif  -- time to play it again?) all the enemy in the area must be destroyed for mission to continue, it's so called last loon condition.