Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

S. korea president impeached

http://www.cnn.com/2004....ex.html

Quote[/b] ]SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korea's National Assembly has voted overwhelmingly to impeach President Roh Moo-hyun by 193-2, amid dramatic scenes as rival politicians physically battled on the floor of parliament.

Roh's presidential powers were immediately suspended and Prime Minister Koh Gun will lead until a Constitutional Court decides whether the president should be removed -- a process that could take up to six months.

For the impeachment to be conclusive, six of the court's nine judges will have to back the assembly's decision.

Roh is accused of violating election laws and has apologized for leading the country into a political crisis.

The unprecedented vote prompted dramatic scenes on the floor of the assembly with security guards dragging pro-Roh parliamentarians from the chamber while other supporters shouted and wept.

The South Korean market was quick to react, with shares tumbling more than 5 percent in early afternoon trade on Friday.

gallery.3.jpggallery.5.jpg

Awesome. Not the impeachment, but the legislators fighting in Parliament. It's like a dream come true tounge_o.gif

@ Mar. 12 2004,08:13)]Awesome. Not the impeachment, but the legislators fighting in Parliament. It's like a dream come true tounge_o.gif

You should see turkish parliament sessions, its like pro wrestling without the funny suits. tounge_o.gif

@ Mar. 12 2004,08:13)]Awesome. Not the impeachment, but the legislators fighting in Parliament. It's like a dream come true  tounge_o.gif

lol...i'll be honest. i was more interested in another parliamnet rumble then impeachment itself. wink_o.gif

The impeachment vote was held in parliament. wink_o.gif

Just saw it on TV, there was some good rumbling going on, few punches as well tounge_o.gif

Good to see that the S.Koreans are back into it. From memory it has been a while since they had a good parlimentary brawl tounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

Heh, the Japanese had a similar fight back when they were arguing over sending some diplomatic plumbers to help in Iraq. The female MP's need to be reminded that they need to check their skirt lengths before swandiving off the podium into the crowd old perverts. Lots of sucker punches there too. I wonder what would happen to Kerry with all his botox? Be kinda boring. tounge_o.gif

Did you see the guy in one of the front rows banging a name plague against the desk until there was nothing left?

I was hoping he'd pick up something else and keep going.

They need a box with mud in it just below the podium for such occassions.

As odd as it might sound, I find that kind of behaviour quite refreshing. At least you see that they are passionate about their politics.

A grave yard is more lively than our Swedish parliament debates ghostface.gif

I've gotta see this. Any chance it'd be on CNN at all? Video link? Anything?

There should be more impeachments. Their more fun to watch then most drama series on TV nowadays smile_o.gif

if the british parlyment had this kind of entertainment tounge_o.gif

they'd prolly make some sensible desicions if they did tounge_o.gif

haha biggrin_o.gif Always nice to see something like this. At least there they love their job.

Quote[/b] ]A grave yard is more lively than our Swedish parliament debates
Than your paliament is disneyland compared to ours. Gives you an idea of dead our paliament is sad_o.gif

i dont no why but i really fancy seeing gordon brown giving tony blair a glasgow kiss biggrin_o.gif

They should include this in the U.S ellection ,a deathmatch Kerry VS Bush. (place youre bets now)

Other fight's that might be interresting:

Shroder VS Berlusconi

Sharon VS Arafat

Chirac VS Blair

King Kong VS Godzilla

King Kong VS Godzilla

Japan? tounge_o.gif

Shroder VS Berlusconi

Sharon VS Arafat

Chirac VS Blair

King Kong VS Godzilla

LOL. Hell yeah wink_o.gif

They should include this in the U.S ellection ,a deathmatch Kerry VS Bush. (place youre bets now)

Shroder VS Berlusconi

Sharon VS Arafat

Chirac VS Blair

King Kong VS Godzilla

I would really love to see Schroeder fighting vs Berlusconi.  tounge_o.gif

Two problems ... one fight  wink_o.gif

Is it possible that "Parlament Fighting" is kind of normal in the eastern hemisphere? Saw it in Russia, China, Vietnam and now in S.Korea ...

Would be nice to see this here (in Germany), too. Perhaps this is a bette way to solf their problems.  wink_o.gif

Why can't this happen in the british parliament. It's just not fair. mad_o.gif

Chirac is an amateur of Sumo btw

Schröder should send Joschka Fisher instead. He would definately be the last man standing. Imagine Fisher vs Rumsfeldt hehe. Anyway, here's a picture of the german minister beating a policeman during his flower power past ........

_1250944_fischernewgrab150.jpg

Graveyard? Yeah, that about sums up watching the exciting live coverage of the House and Senate on Cspan 1 & 2 here in the States. smile_o.gif

haha  biggrin_o.gif  Always nice to see something like this. At least there they love their job.
Quote[/b] ]A grave yard is more lively than our Swedish parliament debates  
Than your paliament is disneyland compared to ours. Gives you an idea of dead our paliament is  sad_o.gif

Yea!!

I'd love to pull Balkenende's wig off his head!!

well... if he wears a wig. rock.gif

Surely... this is a new way of driving politics.