Sign in to follow this  
Gunnerman

Major us airsoft game

For any of you that may be instrested in it, there is a large scale airsoft game in Panama City, FL in september, 32 hours straight of playing. nothing to eat but water and MRE's

and the national guards bringing a chopper or two and I heard from the guy whos running it someones bringing a tank.

you sleep some during the game, in a tent with you rifle biggrin_o.gif

and more information can be found here

Sorry for that stupid question, but what's a "Air-Soft"-Game? rock.gif  sad_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

its alright and airsoft guns are guns that look like real fire-arms that fire 6mm and now some 8mm plastic bb's by power of springs, Green gas, or electric motors check it out here

OMG... I really wish I live there in Florida  sad_o.gif

<span id='ME'><center>Necromancer- starts to cry</center></span>

Jeez, what a bunch of commando wannabes.

Wow, can't believe you said that, what do you call paintballers?  These guys are ex-military and current police officers and military personel, Danny Mcknight is a commander for Desert side for Operation Lion Claw III. So before you speak, check out your details buddy.

Then those skills are meant to be used by the military for miltary purposes. Not for amusment as a game.

Then those skills are meant to be used by the military for miltary purposes.   Not for amusment as a game.

Man, you seem to really enjoy telling people how to live. Going to be a guidance counsellor when you grow up? biggrin_o.gif what business is it of yours?

I said I thought it was pathetic that people are trying to live out some commando fantasies with airsoft.

He said that they are ex military.  So I said well then they are no longer military and that military games are meant for military purposes.

I said I thought it was pathetic that people are trying to live out some commando fantasies with airsoft.

And you play OFP because....... rock.gif

At least with airsoft or paintball, you can get a hell of a workout, as opposed to sitting in front of  computer screen all day. That and I've never heard anyone who was playing paintball use 1337 5p3@k

Well, I don't talk like that and I play OPF.

And I don't play OPF to live out some soldier fantasy I just play it to relax, that's all I was saying until you come and blow it all out of proportion.

Ralph, open up a can of whoop-ass! crazy_o.gif

Personally I think an airsoft "persistent 32 hour war" would be great fun to be involved in. Nothing but the great outdoors and your MREs and a tent, and the distant or (not so distant) staccato of gas powered automatics going off around you.

I'd sleep with goggles on just in case I was snuck up on in my sleep. Wouldn't want a pellet in the eye. =P

Looks like alot of fun, but there's no way in hell I'd pay to eat MRE's and practice military tactics for 32 hours when the Canadian gov't pays me to do just that for a weekend a month. biggrin_o.gif

Except we use 'simunitions' which are a hell of alot more painfull, I have the scars to prove it. wink_o.gif

Tyler

Hopefully you won't be sent off to Afghanistan to get blown up in an Iltis.  sad_o.gif

That's just a suck ass job they've got over there. I don't envy those solders one bit. Peacekeeping despite the good intention is probably the worst job out there. You're just waiting to get shot or blown to pieces. You usually never see your enemy until it's too late.

Hehe.. simunitions are fun until they goop up the bolt of your MP5. crazy_o.gif

Still, this looks like it might be fun. I've got five airsoft rifles available to me now, and I need an excuse to use them. Now, if only I was in Florida...

Hehe.. simunitions are fun until they goop up the bolt of your MP5.  crazy_o.gif

Still, this looks like it might be fun. I've got five airsoft rifles available to me now, and I need an excuse to use them. Now, if only I was in Florida...

5 wow_o.gif

Didn't you just buy yourself a G-36 a few months back. Now you already have 5 crazy_o.gif

On a sidenote, I would love to be involved in something like this as well. No chance of this happening anywhere in Europe though sad_o.gif

On a sidenote, I would love to be involved in something like this as well. No chance of this happening anywhere in Europe though sad_o.gif

Eh? There's airsoft sites all over the place, at least in the UK. (which is a part of Europe, Americans)

Eh?  There's airsoft sites all over the place, at least in the UK. (which is a part of Europe, Americans)

I'm not talking about that.

I am talking about using choppers, playing for over 36 hrs on a field that is sufficiently large for such an event.

Most sites in the UK are tiny. Too small fro something like that.

Eh? There's airsoft sites all over the place, at least in the UK. (which is a part of Europe, Americans)

I'm not talking about that.

I am talking about using choppers, playing for over 36 hrs on a field that is sufficiently large for such an event.

Most sites in the UK are tiny. Too small fro something like that.

There are thousands of places in the highlands that would be suitable for such an event if someone were to organise it. All it would need in another area would be the support of a local landowner (admittedly a big landowner.)

I'd see such an event happening on the same land that the owner would use for shooting the rest of the time (game shooting) - but off season.

I've been to (game) shoots that cover vast areas, easily large enough for a combined arms exercise.

As a last resort, MOD owned land that doesn't get much use might be allowed to be used for such a task (As long as it gets publicity, the KAPE policy of the MOD should support such a thing) - although they don't like soldiers playing airsoft or paintball because we realise how easy it is to get shot biggrin_o.gif

Perhaps we should be reviving the airsoft thread? And how big is big? I just got back from a 150 person airsoft game.