Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

Ut2004

Has anyone played the demo?

I had a small test and damn it's fun. It's quite the opposite to OFP but on the other hand it doesn't try to be realistic as BF etc.

You can now use several vehicles and gun towers. Also the engine seems to be great..

Download the demo here!

Tried it already, wee bit too self-repeating for my tastes even though I ended being in top3 for some reason. tounge_o.gif

Yes it's fun, I liked the onslaught mode. But somehow I didn't feel much more enjoyment in killing persons than bots. It felt a bit uhm... distant/unpersonal (?) rock.gif

I've been playing Unreal 2 XMP with some guys from my project group (college) the last few days. I must say, I liked that better than UT2k4, even though it only has 1 game mode and the vehicle control is not as smooth as in UT.

But in the end, OFP kicks both their asses biggrin_o.gif

Yes it's fun, I liked the onslaught mode. But somehow I didn't feel much more enjoyment in killing persons than bots. It felt a bit uhm... distant/unpersonal (?) rock.gif

I've been playing Unreal 2 XMP with some guys from my project group (college) the last few days. I must say, I liked that better than UT2k4, even though it only has 1 game mode and the vehicle control is not as smooth as in UT.

But in the end, OFP kicks both their asses biggrin_o.gif

Sure but OFP isn't really compairable with UT.. But I wish OFP had the smoothness of UT2004.

UT requires some lightning-fast reflexes, I only pwn in Onslaught mode. wink_o.gif

Did anyone notice that the Onslaught vehicles are exact copies of the ones in Halo? tounge_o.gif

Big jeep with two gunner positions

Slow tank with machinegun

Flying thing that shoots laser balls

Fast hover thing that shoots laser balls

The only thing different is the useless buggy. tounge_o.gif

I really like the Avril weapon, btw. UT2K4 is really fast-paced.

UT requires some lightning-fast reflexes, I only pwn in Onslaught mode. wink_o.gif

Did anyone notice that the Onslaught vehicles are exact copies of the ones in Halo? tounge_o.gif

Big jeep with two gunner positions

Slow tank with machinegun

Flying thing that shoots laser balls

Fast hover thing that shoots laser balls

The only thing different is the useless buggy. tounge_o.gif

UT has always been fast paced.. propably the fastest game around.

Feh,good entertainer till tribes 3 comes out (if they don't muck it up that is) smile_o.gif

I like how it's less like 2003,and more like originl ut,which was much much better than 2003,imho.

Quote[/b] ]The only thing different is the useless buggy.

I know Avril Lavigne is crap, but is she really crap enough to use as a weapon rock.gif

UT2004 is another part of this ugly comic shooter game....

All you need is to shoot, run, shoot, jump, shoot, then run while shooting. Dont forget to jump while shooting, but shooting while running is also very needful.

You also can Run, jump AND Shoot!

And now you can drive/fly some comic vehicles with some frickin laser beam on it.

So don´t forget to shoot while flying/driving...

*wargh*

comicshooter.jpg

This game has a "2004" in it´s name and it shows abolutly NOTHING new....

I don´t like it.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Deja Vu in the worst way...

Just 2K3 with a couple bigger maps and some useless vehicles. I don't know why I'm surprised about that, but I am.

A new UT will be released once a year.

And it's not about jumping and shooting and running and shooting some more.. It's about being good at it.

Also you should consider that it's just a beta demo.

im w/ frisbee i'd rather wait for Tribes Vengeance

i prefer games that requires players to work together to assault and defend bases than just run and jump around shooting each other to score points. that and Tribes just looks a hellava lot better than UT2004.

914677_20040130_screen015.jpg

just an fyi. the next tribe is based on the Unreal warfare engine....

Quote[/b] ]The only thing different is the useless buggy.

I know Avril Lavigne is crap, but is she really crap enough to use as a weapon rock.gif

Anti Vehicle Rocket Launcher. I added for no reason. rock.gif

It fires slow-moving but very accurate missiles with nice smoke trails, and you have to keep them locked like wire-guided missiles. Funny, I would think that missiles 400 years from now would have fire-and-forget capability.

10x :ROLLEYES: wink_o.gif

I, too, was surprised at how little new there was. Same weapons, same player models, same everything, this should be an expansion.

It fires slow-moving but very accurate missiles with nice smoke trails, and you have to keep them locked like wire-guided missiles. Funny, I would think that missiles 400 years from now would have fire-and-forget capability.

That bloody avril is the worst part of the game. I hate it : press 2nd fire to automatically lock on to an enemy so it tracks automatically: THE SKILL REQUIRED IS TREMENDOUS!!!!!!!

The engine has good potential, but the game is not that good. Too much luck involved.

Lol Baron. tounge_o.gif I agree that it's too easy, they should keep the zoom but you would have to track it yourself. But then tracking gliders and aircraft would be impossible...

That bloody avril is the worst part of the game.  I hate it : press 2nd fire to automatically lock on to an enemy so it tracks automatically: THE SKILL REQUIRED IS TREMENDOUS!!!!!!!

The engine has good potential, but the game is not that good.  Too much luck involved.

If you lock the missile the enemy will know that and it will be easy for him to avoid the it.

Lol Baron. tounge_o.gif I agree that it's too easy, they should keep the zoom but you would have to track it yourself. But then tracking gliders and aircraft would be impossible...

Yeah I meant to say that but I forgot. Having to actually aim the weapon yourself would be a HUGE improvement.