Sign in to follow this  
Nilz

EDF Mod

So, here we can talk about EWI mod. I got the team together about 1 month ago. Currently we are making 3D models.

Also, i am learning scripting, mission-making and Oxygen basics as much as i can, because i don't have alot of time for it (school). Right now, our team has

two project leaders (me & Arnel), Arnel knows about scripting and alot about history

two 3D modellers

two historians

one mission-maker

one helper

one sponsor

Well, we have our own forum too, but it is currently only in Estonian.

The campaign is based on the Estonian War of Independence (1918-1920) when Russians invaded this small country of ours. The EWI begun.

Our team has thought about making modern Estonian units too, but right now we don't care about it.

What will we surely make (if possible) and i guess are new to OFP - trenches smile_o.gif Because in the EWI, trenches played a really big role. Most soldiers were Estonian volunteered schoolboys, they didn't have much skills, so... smile_o.gif

This is the first OFP project about something like this and also the first Estonian OFP mod ever. We will make the mod at least a year.

I will be posting info here if there is anything new.

Links ::

EWI@ofp.gamezone.cz

EWI Forum

Some pics of our current work ::

mortar.jpg

50 mm Russian mortar by Madis Kase

ewi_mortar.jpg

The same mortar @ Oxygen, optimized

nagantest.jpg

Nagan revolver by Madis Kase

naganttst.jpg

Mosin-Nagant rifle by Madis Kase

renault_1.jpg

Renault FT-17 tank by Madis Kase

maximtest.jpg

Maxim Heavy MG by Madis Kase

lewistest.jpg

lewis1.jpg

Lewis MG by Madis Kase

madsen.jpg

Madsen MG by Janek Morel

maxim.jpg

Maxim Heavy MG by Janek Morel

Right now both 3D modellers are working together on the armored trains.

That's all for now.

No opinions at all?

Because it is Estonian, right? sad_o.gif

Well, FYI

Estonia was under USSR, but it's all long gone now. We are a nice, but small, independent country now.

And we are going to join the EU next year...

Ah forget it...

It's been two days. Don't make a damned double post about it, getting all pissed that people don't have time to devote.

You're doing fine now, and yes, it is because it's estonian. But mostly, it's because it's 1918-1920... WWI mods haven't had much success, so why will yours, especially if it's a conflict that like 1 in 15 people know about?

Just my two cents.

It's been two days. Don't make a damned double post about it, getting all pissed that people don't have time to devote.

You're doing fine now, and yes, it is because it's estonian. But mostly, it's because it's 1918-1920... WWI mods haven't had much success, so why will yours, especially if it's a conflict that like 1 in 15 people know about?

Just my two cents.

Haha, i am not pissed at all tounge_o.gif

Well, then, we're doing it for just our own fun? biggrin_o.gif

At least i can get to see what OFP editing and scripting is really about.

I am happy about it anyways.

I'd be sure to check it out. smile_o.gif

I like to get the smaller nations armies so I can use them against the larger ones...it's more fun to me.

Just dont fold it up after 1 month, it's the staying power that gets people interested after some addons come out.

With so many WW2 mods around, this could be a very interesting project, as theres a lack of WW1 - 1920's mods.

Also, i would love to see a Red Army vs White Army in the bolchevik revolution, sino-japanese \ russian-japanese war...anything from this very turbulent period would be very nice.

Well, i got Madis Kase's Mosin-Nagant into the game. We still have to fix it a bit and make it look better in a soldier's hands. Also we have to make the muzzle flash, shadows and textures. Right now only smoke comes out when you shoot smile_o.gif

nagant1.jpg

A Ranger testing the Nagant in the center of Desert Island smile_o.gif

nagant2.jpg

Too small... or too big?

nagant3.jpg

Boom-boom...

nagant4.jpg

Rangers lead the way! Hooah!

nagant5.jpg

This is what it looks like in Oxygen

Don't mind some text under the pics... Rangers are my favorite ;)

nagant5.jpg

An Estonian Soldier with the Nagant rifle

Sorry about the double post

But Madis Kase (one of our 3D artists) just finished an armored vehicle named Kalewipoeg. IMO it's a nice model.

Also :: we need one more 3D artist and a texturer

kalewipoeg.jpg

3DSMax

Oxygen:

kalewipoeg_o2.jpg

kalewipoeg2_o2.jpg

kalewipoeg3_o2.jpg

Real life:

[im]http://www.hot.ee/vabadussoda/kalevipoeg.jpg[/img]>100kb

Nice addons! The mortar looks sweet! biggrin_o.gif

But isn't the Nagant a little bit to big? It looks hugh!

Mfg MEDICUS

Nice addons! The mortar looks sweet!  biggrin_o.gif

But isn't the Nagant a little bit to big? It looks hugh!

Mfg MEDICUS

Yeah i know, we have to scale it and fix it a bit.

lol! That Kalewipoeg looks like a mean homemade tank. And that's what the armored vehicles looked like at that time, right? Anyway I love it. I hope you all luck with your mod. smile_o.gif

Yeah, it does. Just mix some parts up, cover it with armored plates - there you have it ;)

And thanks for the comments

But we still need one more 3D artist and a texturer (just a reminder)

Quote[/b] ]Despite the fact the last post was in March you have my permission to bump it to see if anyone is still alive

bumped up :P

Quote[/b] ]You're doing fine now, and yes, it is because it's estonian. But mostly, it's because it's 1918-1920... WWI mods haven't had much success, so why will yours, especially if it's a conflict that like 1 in 15 people know about?

that's why you should try it out to learn something new. how many ppl knew a crap about the Finnish Defence Forces? and FDF Mod is nearly (if not) the most popular mod atm.

Alright,but because it's an Estonianian mod i wrote a reply in Estonian and i'm from Estonia too.

Nice idea. I'm from Finland and if the mod file won't be a thousand megabytes, i'm surely going to download it. If not anything else, for the Maxim's sake.

I'll say it will be surely worth of downloading.You should see the movie about Estonian War of Independence.And if you don't know Finnish soldiers were fighting in that war too.Against the Russia of course.

Hope this mod will be ready soon or at least at beta status.

tou can see the movie or trailer here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339450/