Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Us presidential election 2004

Quote[/b] ]George Bush Jnr. is a bonafide Vietnam War Doger.

Shit, at least he completed his time in the NG.

Quote[/b] ]George Bush Jnr. is a bonafide Vietnam War Doger.

Shit, at least he completed his time in the NG.

Hi billybob2002

Theere is ample proof the George Bush Jnr. went Awol removed himself from being a pilot by refusing to attend a medical and tried to cut short his service by 6 months.

There is ample proof that his sole intention was to rip the US tax payer for flight lessons while staying out of any chance of going to Vietnam.

Before "serving" Bush supported the war on Vietnam but he did not want to be one of those who fought. He left that to those who did not have his dady's connections so he jumped everyone in the list with better qualifications to get himself a place in a National Guard Unit that was not going to go to Vietnam

Quote[/b] ]"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada," Bush explained to The Dallas Morning News back in 1990. "So I chose to better myself by learning how to fly airplanes."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4271520/

Bold as brass he admits he is a Vietnam War Dodger. He did not even do it to serve his nation he did it to

Quote[/b] ]"... better myself by learning how to fly airplanes."

If he had been one of the peaceniks and burnt his draft card and gone to jail he would have shown more courage.

After the war he supported all the anti Vietnam rhetoric despite never having served there. Now he sometimes gives an excuse that he never supported the war

It would be intresting to know if the Republican he worked for when he was suposed to be in Alabama supported the war in Vietnam just to verify George Bush Jnr.'s Viewpoint at the time.

George Bush Jnr. The Vietnam War Dodger like many of his cronies in the Chicken Hawk NeoConMen refused to serve in Vietnam. It is there on his application that he did not volunteer to serve in vietnam.

Before serving Kerry Suported his nation but criticized the intervention in Vietnam.

Quote[/b] ]In his class-day oration in June 1966, Kerry criticized American intervention in Vietnam. But, Kerry emphasized, "we have not really lost the desire to serve," and no one recalls that the speech caused much of a stir.
Good prophetic call.

We all Know Kerry is an honnest to god decorated War Hero. Who unlike Bush Did not ask to get off his duty 6 months early.

When he came back Kerry who had fought in the war

Quote[/b] ]...testified before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, "How do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Vietnam? How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"

"How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?" I wonder which young man or woman returning from Iraq will be the first to echo that question.

The choice then is:

Hipocritical, Conniving, Vietnam War Dodger George Bush Jnr. who could not see where the Vietnam war was going. Who spent a lot of time drinking and never bothered about those in Vietnam.

OR

Contientious, Courageous Vietnam War Hero John F. Kerry who could see the war was bad from the start but still served his nation with honor and dignity and then once again resumed his objections to the waste of his nations young men in an honnest democratic way.

I think it is clear who the better cadidate is

Kind Regards Walker

Quote[/b] ]Simple fact

George Bush Jnr. is a bonafide Vietnam War Doger.

Wait, when did that become a problem? Clinton (draft dodger) ran against Bush Sr. (combat pilot in WWII), and Clinton is now a fondly-remembered (By most everyone left of the center) president.

Bush Sr. flew 58 missions and earned four medals, including the Distinguished Flying Cross.

Heloo!

This is the 2004 election not last centuries.

Please try and keep up. Bill Clinton won his elections last Century.

In 2004 the election is between Vietnam War Dodger George Bush Jnr. and Vietnam War Hero John F. Kerry

Kind Regards Walker

Quote[/b] ]Who unlike Bush Did not ask to get off his duty 6 months early.

Kerry got out 6 months early because he asked for a early transfer to get out..... rock.gif  

Anyway,

http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/061603.shtml

Quote[/b] ]"I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a little-noticed contribution to a book of Vietnam reminiscences published in 1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing."

Quote[/b] ]Good prophetic call.

Funny that you brought that up becuase Kerry did try to get a deferment but was denied.

Quote[/b] ]Heloo!

This is the 2004 election not last centuries.

Please try and keep up. Bill Clinton won his election last Century.

In 2004 the election is between Vietnam War Dodger George Bush Jnr. and Vietnam War Hero John F. Kerry

Kind Regards Walker

But, you always praise him.

Quote[/b] ]Please try and keep up. Bill Clinton won his election last Century.

In 1992. Those ancient days of horse-drawn buggies and muskets tounge_o.gif . It was only 12 years ago. Either start calling Clinton "Vietnam War Dodger Clinton" or stop tacking it on to Bush Jr.

In fact, Vietnam War Dodger Clinton did far more interesting things. For one, he said that he "loathed the military", then ran for Commander in Chief of said military.

Quote[/b] ]In 1992. Those ancient days of horse-drawn buggies and muskets . It was only 12 years ago. Either start calling Clinton "Vietnam War Dodger Clinton" or stop tacking it on to Bush Jr.

http://www.hillnews.com/news/101503/kerry.aspx

Quote[/b] ]

On Feb. 27, 1992, Kerry defended then presidential candidate Bill Clinton against an attack by his Democratic rival Sen. Bob Kerrey (D-Neb.). As the primary season unfolded, Kerrey, who lost part of his leg in Vietnam, had peppered Clinton with uncomfortable questions about whether the Arkansan had evaded the draft.

Kerry hit back at his Senate colleague, saying: “I am saddened by the fact that Vietnam has yet again been inserted into the campaign, and that it has been inserted in what I feel to be the worst possible way… What saddens me most is that Democrats, above all those who shared the agonies of that generation, should now be re-fighting the many conflicts of Vietnam in order to win the current political conflict of a presidential primary.â€

Quote[/b] ]Says it all

Quote[/b] ]

"I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a little-noticed contribution to a book of Vietnam reminiscences published in 1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing."

What's funny is that all the Bush fan boys always spend their time on this thread defending their moron-in-chief from the facts that are being put out there..

I haven't seen any of you point out a single positive thing that has been accomplished in the last 4 years.

It is really beyond me how in spite of the awesome resume that Bush has compiled while in office...

bankrupting every state..

First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission.

First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board.  

Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television

(I wouldn't want the guy to speak in public with his third grade grammar if I were a member of his cabinet either)

Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.

Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history

I mean come on .. in spite of all those wonderful accomplishments people still love the moron ...  crazy_o.gif

It is really beyond me how anyone can support this idiot... but I guess even Hitler had his die-hard supporters too

(Including Bush's Great Grandfather who had his own ties to Hitler  crazy_o.gif )

Seems like even back then the Bush family could care less about the people dying in wars they either started or helped to fund

Hi all

George Bush Jnr. is the Vietnam War Dodger who went AWOL

It is a matter of public record.

John F. Kerry is Bonafide Vietnam War Hero who having allready served a term in vietnam volunteered to do extra service on the front line. Was wounded several times and recieved a Bronze Star and a Silver Star for valor.

It is a matter of public record.

Kind Regards Walker

What's funny is that all the Bush fan boys always spend their time on this thread defending their moron-in-chief from the facts that are being put out there..

Actually they spend most of their time desperately hunting around for any indication that Kerry might be even half as foolish as Bush.

Quote[/b] ]Simple fact

George Bush Jnr. is a bonafide Vietnam War Doger.

Wait, when did that become a problem? Clinton (draft dodger) ran against Bush Sr. (combat pilot in WWII), and Clinton is now a fondly-remembered (By most everyone left of the center) president.

Bush Sr. flew 58 missions and earned four medals, including the Distinguished Flying Cross.

That became a problem when our nation went to war.

A wartime Commander In Chief with combat experience makes a big difference.

Quote[/b] ]vietnam volunteered to do extra service on the front line.

He did not volunteered to be on the front lines. However, he volunteered to do coastal patrols that did very little with the war.

He did not volunteered to be on the front lines. However, he volunteered to do coastal partols that did very little with the war.

Dude, he was in the Navy.  How many Naval officers got to reach the frontlines?  crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It is a matter of public record.

So is the following. Guess which wartime president had this record, including naval combat.

Quote[/b] ]While on active duty besides the Letter of Commendation,  earned the American Campaign Medal, the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal, and the World War II Victory Medal. He is entitled to two engagement stars on the Asiatic- Pacific Campaign Medal for supporting air action in the Treasury- Bougainville operations from 27 October to 15 December 1943 and for consolidation of the northern Solomons from 15 December 1943 to 22 July 1944.  transferred to the Retired Reserve of the Naval Reserve on 1 June 1966.
Quote[/b] ]having allready served a term in vietnam volunteered to do extra service on the front line.

Wow, where did this puppy come from?

From the Boston Globe:

Quote[/b] ]Along with Kerry's unquestionable and repeated bravery, he also took an action that has received far less notice: He requested and was granted a transfer out of Vietnam six months before his combat tour was slated to end on the grounds that he had earned three Purple Hearts. None of his wounds was disabling; he said one cost him two days of service and the other two did not lead to any absence.

Quote[/b] ]i dont think its particularly fair to criticize Kerrys reasons for signing up, it dosent alter the fact that he did.

It still beats the hell out of getting your dad to put you in the air national guard and then deiciding even thats too much too bother with, probably cause it cut into all his drinking and doing blow time.

I'm just beating up Walker's words. He (walker) said that Kerry volunteered for millitary service on the the front line in vietnam but, in reality, Kerry thought that being on a "swift boat" would avoid deadly fights.

You're fucking kidding me right?

I served for 6 years in the United States Navy.

EVERY fucking swabbie and squid in the world can tell you that small boat riverine duty in a combat zone is the most dangerous duty in the Navy, even more dangerous than being a SEAL.  Why?

Because small boats have the mission objective of trolling up and down enemy waterways trying to draw fire and also of delivering SEALS and other assorted specops deep into indian country.  You can't duck for cover in an aluminum skinned boat, and no matter how "swift" they are, they aren't going to outrun any rpg's.

My Dad went to 'Nam twice and told me the small boat guys either had to have rocks in their head or balls of solid steel.  He had a friend who had two boats sunk out from under him in just a six month period of time.  Numerous crewmembers killed in action, and three purple hearts earning him a trip out of hell.

Want to know why guys like Kerry only served six month combat tours?

Because small boat duty was so hazardous that most of them got a ticket out of country in a body bag or on a hospital flight.

Kerry knew exactly what he was signing up for.

Please stop talking out of your ass, the Navy guys here like me resent the bullshit you spout and resent guys who never served, but seem to know it all.  Do your time, earn the right to have an opinion on the matter and then contribute your criticism or else shut up about things you know nothing about.

Quote[/b] ]Dude, he was in the Navy. How many Naval officers got to reach the frontlines?

Tell that to Walker... wink_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You're fucking kidding me right?

I served for 6 years in the United States Navy.

EVERY fucking swabbie and squid in the world can tell you that small boat riverine duty in a combat zone is the most dangerous duty in the Navy, even more dangerous than being a SEAL.  Why?

Because small boats have the mission objective of trolling up and down enemy waterways trying to draw fire and also of delivering SEALS and other assorted specops deep into indian country.  You can't duck for cover in an aluminum skinned boat, and no matter how "swift" they are, they aren't going to outrun any rpg's.

My Dad went to 'Nam twice and told me the small boat guys either had to have rocks in their head or balls of solid steel.  He had a friend who had two boats sunk out from under him in just a six month period of time.  Numerous crewmembers killed in action, and three purple hearts earning him a trip out of hell.

Want to know why guys like Kerry only served six month combat tours?

Because small boat duty was so hazardous that most of them got a ticket out of country in a body bag or on a hospital flight.

Kerry knew exactly what he was signing up for.

Please stop talking out of your ass, the Navy guys here like me resent the bullshit you spout and resent guys who never served, but seem to know it all.  Do your time, earn the right to have an opinion on the matter and then contribute your criticism or else shut up about things you know nothing about.

Coming from Kerry's mouth:

Quote[/b] ]"I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a little-noticed contribution to a book of Vietnam reminiscences published in 1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing."

Quote[/b] ]Who unlike Bush Did not ask to get off his duty 6 months early.

Kerry got out 6 months early because he asked for a early transfer to get out..... rock.gif  

Anyway,

http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/061603.shtml

Quote[/b] ]Good prophetic call.

Funny that you brought that up becuase Kerry did try to get a deferment but was denied.

WRONG again!!

Kerry had three purple hearts. That is an automatic ticket home, no need to ask, you go home, period.

Quote[/b] ]But two weeks after he arrived in Vietnam, the swift boat mission changed -- and Kerry went from having one of the safest assignments in the escalating conflict to one of the most dangerous. Under the newly launched Operation SEALORD, swift boats were charged with patrolling the narrow waterways of the Mekong Delta to draw fire and smoke out the enemy. Cruising inlets and coves and canals, swift boats were especially vulnerable targets.

Their mission changed after Kerry arrived. He signed up before they were doing inland patrols.

Quote[/b] ]Kerry had three purple hearts. That is an automatic ticket home, no need to ask, you go home, period.

Yes, but none of the Purple Hearts was for a serious injury:

Quote[/b] ]None of his wounds was disabling; he said one cost him two days of service and the other two did not lead to any absence.