Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Us presidential election 2004

More Bushisms

"My trip to Asia begins here in Japan for an important reason. It begins here because for a century-and-a-half now. America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring

alliances of modern times. From that alliance has come an era of peace in the Pacific"

Bush speaking in Tokyo February 18th, 2002

A century and a half of peace.. only slightly interrupted by WW2 crazy_o.gif

"The law I sign today directs new funds and new focus to the task of collecting vital intelligence on terrorist threats and on weapons of Mass Production

Nov. 27, 2002

Speaking at White House During signing of Sept. 11th Commission Bill

There is still hope we may yet find those weapons of Mass Production in Iraq crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]WRONG again!!

Kerry had three purple hearts.  That is an automatic ticket home, no need to ask, you go home, period.

Taken from: boston.com

Quote[/b] ]The instruction, titled 1300.39, says that a Naval officer who requires hospitalization on two separate occasions, or who receives three wounds "regardless of the nature of the wounds," can ask a superior officer to request a reassignment. The instruction makes clear the reassignment is not automatic. It says that the reassignment "will be determined after consideration of his physical classification for duty and on an individual basis." Because Kerry's wounds were not considered serious, his reassignment appears to have been made on an individual basis.

Moreover, the instruction makes clear that Kerry could have asked that any reassignment be waived.

Yes, I know about the three purple hearts....

Quote[/b] ]More Bushisms

He has a problem with foot-in-mouth. Clinton had a problem with, well, something-else-in-mouth (And other body parts, for those of you who didn't read the juicy parts of the Starr Report).

Quote[/b] ]You're fucking kidding me right?

I served for 6 years in the United States Navy.

EVERY fucking swabbie and squid in the world can tell you that small boat riverine duty in a combat zone is the most dangerous duty in the Navy, even more dangerous than being a SEAL. Why?

Because small boats have the mission objective of trolling up and down enemy waterways trying to draw fire and also of delivering SEALS and other assorted specops deep into indian country. You can't duck for cover in an aluminum skinned boat, and no matter how "swift" they are, they aren't going to outrun any rpg's.

My Dad went to 'Nam twice and told me the small boat guys either had to have rocks in their head or balls of solid steel. He had a friend who had two boats sunk out from under him in just a six month period of time. Numerous crewmembers killed in action, and three purple hearts earning him a trip out of hell.

Want to know why guys like Kerry only served six month combat tours?

Because small boat duty was so hazardous that most of them got a ticket out of country in a body bag or on a hospital flight.

Kerry knew exactly what he was signing up for.

Please stop talking out of your ass, the Navy guys here like me resent the bullshit you spout and resent guys who never served, but seem to know it all. Do your time, earn the right to have an opinion on the matter and then contribute your criticism or else shut up about things you know nothing about.

Coming from Kerry's mouth:

Quote[/b] ]"I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a little-noticed contribution to a book of Vietnam reminiscences published in 1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing."

Whether he had the desire to get into combat is beside the point...he STILL VOLUNTEERED to go while bush was pretending to a be a fighter pilot defending the dangerous skies of texas crazy_o.gif and before you get a massive chewing out from a navy vet I sugget you retract your statement about riverine duty not being dangerous...do you have any idea of the casualty figures of riverine operations during the war!?...they weren't exactly low dude. Alot of their missions involved supporting the SEALs and Seawolves...the other two parts of the Navy that made up the NAVSPECWAR triad...you might wanna do alittle research and learn alittle something before you call a job not that dangerous. You've already got one chewing out today let's not get yourself anymore today ok wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But two weeks after he arrived in Vietnam, the swift boat mission changed -- and Kerry went from having one of the safest assignments in the escalating conflict to one of the most dangerous. Under the newly launched Operation SEALORD, swift boats were charged with patrolling the narrow waterways of the Mekong Delta to draw fire and smoke out the enemy. Cruising inlets and coves and canals, swift boats were especially vulnerable targets.

Their mission changed after Kerry arrived. He signed up before they were doing inland patrols.

Really?

Read the transfer order again.  Kerry knew the mission was switching.  His second choice was for PBR's.  Do you know what PBR stands for?

I'll make it easy for you:  Patrol Boat River.

Kerry was volunteering to leave a destroyer on downed pilot pickup duties in the Tonkin Gulf for the Navy's riverine units.  Try and say what you want, but that is a step towards a hell of lot of danger and a step away from a hell of a lot of relative comfort and safety.

Of course I couldn't possible know anything about this being a Navy veteran.  How many years did either of you two serve in the Navy again?

Quote[/b] ]Whether he had the desire to get into combat is beside the point...he STILL VOLUNTEERED to go while bush was pretending to a be a fighter pilot defending the dangerous skies of texas and before you get a massive chewing out from a navy vet I sugget you retract your statement about riverine duty not being dangerous...do you have any idea of the casualty figures of riverine operations during the war!?...they weren't exactly low dude. Alot of their missions involved supporting the SEALs and Seawolves...the other two parts of the Navy that made up the NAVSPECWAR triad...you might wanna do alittle research and learn alittle something before you call a job not that dangerous. You've already got one chewing out today let's not get yourself anymore today ok

I did not say the job was dangerous but Kerry believed something totally different at the time.

Of course I couldn't possible know anything about this being a Navy veteran. How many years did either of you two serve in the Navy again?

lol Schoeler

Quote[/b] ]Whether he had the desire to get into combat is beside the point...he STILL VOLUNTEERED to go while bush was pretending to a be a fighter pilot defending the dangerous skies of texas

Bush was flying the F-102. A wonderfully safe aircraft. So safe, in fact, that only half of all F-102s that went down in Vietnam went down from equipment malfunctions.

Quote[/b] ]Whether he had the desire to get into combat is beside the point...he STILL VOLUNTEERED to go while bush was pretending to a be a fighter pilot defending the dangerous skies of texas and before you get a massive chewing out from a navy vet I sugget you retract your statement about riverine duty not being dangerous...do you have any idea of the casualty figures of riverine operations during the war!?...they weren't exactly low dude. Alot of their missions involved supporting the SEALs and Seawolves...the other two parts of the Navy that made up the NAVSPECWAR triad...you might wanna do alittle research and learn alittle something before you call a job not that dangerous. You've already got one chewing out today let's not get yourself anymore today ok

I did not say the job was dangerous but Kerry believed something totally different at the time.

how the freak do you know what he was thinking?!!? crazy_o.gif ooooh cause u found it on one of your little sites...rigggght then it must be right.... rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Really?

Read the transfer order again.  Kerry knew the mission was switching.  His second choice was for PBR's.  Do you know what PBR stands for?

Then explain his comment he made in 1986... rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]how the freak do you know what he was thinking?!!?   ooooh cause u found it on one of your little sights...rigggght then it must be right....

First, that site is praising Kerry's service (which I respect). Second, that is what he said in 1986. Lastly, I believe he should not be bringing up his service in his campaign like he has done (or anybody for that matter) because, in 1992, Kerry was saddened that Vietnam was used against Clinton.

Somebody would of have posted this if it was a good indictor that Kerry was going to win.... biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylh=X3....7

Quote[/b] ]  

Bush's job-approval rating climbs back above 50%

Fri Aug 13, 7:11 AM ET  Add Top Stories - USATODAY.com to My Yahoo!

By Judy Keen, USA TODAY

President Bush (news - web sites)'s job-approval rating, a key indicator of an incumbent's chance of being re-elected, has turned upward, the Gallup Poll finds.

The share of Americans who say they approve of the job Bush is doing inched over the 50% mark to 51%. No president who was at or above 50% at this point in an election year has lost.

Yeah, except for the little fact that the error margin of the poll is +-4%. This means that it can in fact be as low as 47% or as high as 55%. Since it's a random distribution inbetween, there's no way of telling. So with such a poll and with those margins, a benchmark like that is not only pointless, but outright stupid.

Quote[/b] ]Whether he had the desire to get into combat is beside the point...he STILL VOLUNTEERED to go while bush was pretending to a be a fighter pilot defending the dangerous skies of texas

Bush was flying the F-102. A wonderfully safe aircraft. So safe, in fact, that only half of all F-102s that went down in Vietnam went down from equipment malfunctions.

thank you for proving my point that F-102 was not suitable for the southeast asian theatre..like I said earlier..It might suprise you but I might actually know alittle about aviation history since I'm a freaking pilot....my God!! crazy_o.gif please read before you reply...

Quote[/b] ]thank you for proving my point that F-102 was not suitable for the southeast asian theatre..like I said earlier..It might suprise you but I might actually know alittle about aviation history since I'm a freaking pilot....my God!! please read before you reply...

But, it was sent to vietnam and was in-service during Bush's training.... tounge_o.gif

I believe he should not be bringing up his service in his campaign like he has done (or anybody for that matter) because, in 1992, Kerry was saddened that Vietnam was used against Clinton.

whatever dude, if Bush wasn't a coward and had actually fought for his country like Kerry did....you Bush hawks would be trippin all over yourselves to be saying how Bush was a hero in Vietnam but he didn't, he dodged just like cheney did so you can't..lol tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, except for the little fact that the error margin of the poll is +-4%. This means that it can in fact be as low as 47% or as high as 55%. Since it's a random distribution inbetween, there's no way of telling. So with such a poll and with those margins, a benchmark like that is not only pointless, but outright stupid.

I know polls suck but something has to give a pulse of the nation.

Quote[/b] ]whatever dude, if Bush wasn't a coward and had actually fought for his country like Kerry did....you Bush hawks would be trippin all over yourselves to be saying how Bush was a hero in Vietnam but he didn't, he dodged just like cheney did so you can't..lol

I just think Kerry is just going overboard when he keeps talking about his "band of brothers" and his time during Vietnam war.

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, except for the little fact that the error margin of the poll is +-4%. This means that it can in fact be as low as 47% or as high as 55%. Since it's a random distribution inbetween, there's no way of telling. So with such a poll and with those margins, a benchmark like that is not only pointless, but outright stupid.

Why?  rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why?

I don't know Bernadotte, maybe you know. Why do we have polls? Why would any politician want to know what the people are thinking rock.gif ?

No, polls are great, you just have to be aware of the statistical uncertainty. And right now in all the polls, the statistical error is larger than the difference in result one is looking for

So the statement that "no president..blah blah 50%" is bad math in the context. Usually these polls are made with a 90% confidence, in this case meaning that if you would poll an equal number of people again, with 90% probability Bush's approval would be between 47%-55%.

So currently the polls tell us nothing, except the fact that they tell us nothing.

Quote[/b] ]Why?

So, the president and other figures know what others are thinking about them and etc.

Edit: People think I'm an bush-nazi but I'm not! If the democrats chosen a lieberman-type person (or lieberman) or McCain-type (wtf), he would of gotten my vote.

Quote[/b] ]Why?

So, the president and other figures know what others are thinking about them and etc.

Good answer!! smile_o.gif

So then there's really no need to post crap like this:

Somebody would of have posted this if it was a good indictor that Kerry was going to win.... biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

If you truly believe that "polls suck" then they can hardly be a "good indicator" of anything, now can they?

Edit: People think I'm an bush-nazi but I'm not!

lol..if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...hmmm lets see tounge_o.gif

If the democrats chosen a lieberman-type person (or lieberman) or McCain-type (wtf), he would of gotten my vote.

Would you have supported the Gore/Lieberman ticket in 2000?

Quote[/b] ]Really?

Then explain his comment he made in 1986... rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]how the freak do you know what he was thinking?!!?   ooooh cause u found it on one of your little sights...rigggght then it must be right....

First, that site is praising Kerry's service (which I respect). Second, that is what he said in 1986. Lastly, I believe he should not be bringing up his service in his campaign like he has done (or anybody for that matter) because, in 1992, Kerry was saddened that Vietnam was used against Clinton.

You mean the comment you pulled from the Boston Globe?

That's the paper that has been running an unabashed smear campaign against Kerry since he first took office.

It's the paper that started that little tiff with Teresa Heinz-Kerry to get her to look bad in front of the cameras.

It's the paper that the New York Times, Washington Post, ABC News and MSNBC have said has gone way beyond the bounds of non-partisan respectable journalism.

I'll believe that quote when I hear it come out of Kerry's mouth or he acknowledges it himself, or it appears in a real paper.

Hi all

What all this is about is the fitness of the candidates for the post of Commander in Chief.

Their Respective Millitary Service Records clearly have a bearing on this.

At Yale

George Bush Jnr. Received Student Deferment and Used Family Connections to Secure Spot in The National Guard Before Graduation

John F. Kerry Enlisted in the Navy

After Graduation

George Bush Jnr. Joins Guard -- Receives Direct Appointment, Avoiding Officer Training School; Requests to NOT be Sent Overseas

John F. Kerry Enters and Completes Officer Training School

First Assignment

George Bush Jnr. Houston Texas - Where he Enjoyed "All-Day Water Volleyball Games"

John F. Kerry Deployed to the Western Pacific to Support Operations in Vietnam

Request for Second Post

George Bush Jnr. never requests a second posting he is still trying to get out of his first and so requests Duty at a Postal Unit in Alabama

John F. Kerry having already fulfiled his required term Requests a second tour of duty in Vietnam

Second Assignment

George Bush Jnr. Still on his first, part time National Guard term Fails to Take Annual Medical Exam Resulting in his Suspension from Flight Status; Attends a GOP Convention; Supervisors at National Guard are Unable to Rate his Performance Because Bush "Has Not Been Observed" He is fact AWOL

John F. Kerry is in the Mekong Delta where Kerry sees Direct Combat, Is Wounded Three Times and is Awarded Silver and Bronze Stars.

Additional Service

George Bush Jnr. May Not Have Met Active Duty Requirements and in fact may have been a deserter. George Bush Jnr. still will not allow his full Service record to be viewed. At Urging of his FatherDoes Community Service to try and make up for the millitary service he dodged.

John F. Kerry Completes Full Active Duty Commitment

Discharge

George Bush Jnr. receives an Early Discharge to Attend Harvard Business School.

John F. Kerry Remains in in the US Naval Reserve.

Clearly these military records seperate the Gold Bricking Vietnam War Dodger George Bush Jnr. from the bonifide Vietnam War hero John F. Kerry.

Kind Regards Walker