Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Smokes, food, and random conversations

.....eyecandy that will be implemented should have an influence on soldier's capabilities in combat so they will seem more realistic.

You mean prostitutes in the streets, soldiers walking by and not being able to concentrate on enemy anymore.?! tounge_o.gif

As long as you control your soldier the only entity that loses control is yoo tounge_o.gif so prostitutes are not really needed, it will only make OFP lose the under 18 years market biggrin_o.gif not very strategic hihi ;

I was thinking something like playing cards (no prostitutes on them tounge_o.gif ) possibility, or games of this type (chess, abalone, backgammon) that will be coooool, imagine that in a mission the road is very long and you are able to play cards in the truck, wot u say bout that ?

I think it'd be better if it were uncontrollable. Like, maybe whenever you are in safe mode, your soldiers generally carry on as a script says to act, some drink, some cook, some piss, some smoke, but all of them occassionally say things like "i been waiting for this for some time" if its a piss, "man im hungry" for the eating guy, stuff like that for what they do specifically. I don't see a full conversation thats different every time happening, unless you had a text to voice program. Plus you definitely don't want people talking and moving at the same time. Maybe a combination of safe mode and halt will make the ai go into relax mode and they break out chow and eat, stuff like that, but that means it'll take them even longer to be ready for combat but the longer they spend it'll increase a morale meter or a health meter.

And medic stuff...

If somebody is wounded, medic with another guy for cower comes in.

He heal the wounded guy and say something like:

"cheer up boy, It`ll soon stop to hurt, we`re here, and we`re doing everything we can to bring you back"

And when the wounded soldier die they should say something like "puck it, we just did what we can" not only "oh no 3 is down" biggrin_o.gif

Man when I see/hear something like this under the enemy fire I just end with computer games;) and take care of my garden:P

Do you remember "black hawk down" movie?

When they operate the dying soldier?

Another thing ,but It`s subject of another thread Ithink...

It was a game...I don`t remember how It was called,

You were a medic, andy you`re doing all the medic job...

Wounded soldiers, adn stuff...

Think about It

regards

What about soldiers singing, or listening to the radio/walkman in "safe" mode?

For ex: you`re driving the jeep and others are singing the "master of puppets" refrain...

Idea number 2: jokes biggrin_o.gif what about "tell me a joke" option, or simply without any option, just scripted thing in the "safe" stuff...

Like in Ghost Recon, enemies have their own favourite songs, they`re whistling and talking...

I`tll be nice to hear the popular songs, even the covers,

just look at the BF vietnam climate...

I don`t exactly know what is the soldier`s favourite kind of music (U`re in the army now, ouo U`re in the army now tounge_o.gif ), but I think rock stuff will be nice:)

Intersting concept.

I think it would be more atmospheric if your team looked around, or react to being under fire. just the odd ramdom word now and then to give them a little personality just like the guys in Full Spectrum Warrior.

Like the 'standtalk' (or what ever) extra animation loops would be a nice touch for men in the back ground...but is not really required so could be left to OFP2 Comunity to impliment.

I am afraid those OFP2 programmers are gonna have to work harder now on this concept to please us when OFP2 comes out because ......