Sign in to follow this  
Thud_and_Blunder

Orcs desant v1.51 released

Denorc if i remember USSR occupied us for 21 years ...

isn't that enough to made some antirussian campaign?

and if i remember correct ... war between ur country and finland wasn't "flowers and beauty" but "blood and evilness" ...

so dont say it's we against You ... dont take it personally but it wasnt my people who drive over there with tanks ...

or You just dont want accept that this happened in past?

and to clear myth, i dont have anything against many of people from ex-USSR area ... in fact got lot of friends there ...

can't understood u attacking CSLA, 1st one was also antiUSA ... who knows what will be 3rd one ....

but i wonder why nobody done some Russian vs Chinese mod smile_o.gif

and btw. very good addon You done (for that You deserve respect) ...

Yes, this is nothing to do with how I feel about Russia or Russians. Hell, all my neighbors are Russian immigrants and they're all awesome people. One of them is a paratrooper who served in Afghanistan and we've spent many a night over beer showing pictures and tellign stories from our time in the military.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for Russia - the fact that they are usually seen as a villain in various mods and campaigns is just because the Soviets (not the Russians, necessarily) have had past conflicts with other peoples, and they've got great weapons and battlefield tactics. If I remember right, the CSLA I campaign was the Czechs against Americans, so we get to be the villain too. Even right now, I'm working slowly on a campaign where America and Russia fight together against the Tonalese.

I can understand why you might be frustrated. But the simple fact is that you're using Inquisitor's weapons and he should get proper credit for it in every release. Just because he gave you his permission before doesn't mean that you get to ignore him now. Just because another addon maker stole someone else's work, doesn't give anyone else the freedom to do the same.

We non-Russians might not be your primary audience for these addons, but we do like them and do appreciate them as well.

I will make only one statement. CSLA II campaign is campaign where Soviets are trying to recover their nuclear submarine in enemy territory. The story is about WAR, not peacekeeping action. Soviets behave as in real war. It is NOT anti russian campaign (in terms of nation x nation relationship). First campaign was against US, so now we balanced it. Problem of OFP is, that if you make mod and campaign you have only two options for enemies. US or Sovs(unless you have to make mod for enemy force as well).

Denorc, I know you and your oppinions from flashpoint.ru, so I am not surprised by your attitude and thinking (the same for major part of community on flashpoint.ru).

Quote[/b] ]Denorc, I know you and your oppinions from flashpoint.ru, so I am not surprised by your attitude and thinking (the same for major part of community on flashpoint.ru).

I don't speak Russian otherwise I'd like to check into what that's all about exactly.

Bah, CSLA could have had a civil war campaign, and made themselves the "bad guys".  tounge_o.gif

I would have named the campaign "The Pajama Party". biggrin_o.gif

This new pack only included one mission, Silent Death.

What happened to the Outbreak mission in the original version? Can the old version still be used with the updated addons?

Even if it can, seems like they should have included an updated VDV.txt readme with acknowledgements and the earlier Outbreak mission.

A little hasty in packaging, maybe? rock.gif

/bump

Denorc? rock.gif

Hey nice pack! I really like the soldier models. When I use the soldiers ingame, the game gets a bit laggy though. Is that because of Inq's weapons, or does it have something to do with the soldiers themselves?

Anyway, good work man!

Arch.

Hmm, seems the tension's high here smile_o.gif

Let's sort out the things somewhat. Everyone here at ORCS respects other addonmakers for what they do for OFP community, and because we didn't come up with a proper readme giving the credit to everyone who helped us in some way (believe me, it's a looooong list) doesn't mean we are all arrogant and evil addon-stealers. It seems to happen always when dealing with the freeware, so it's more a question of morality. On our side we'll try to pay more attention to the readme's, so no one would be left out. smile_o.gif

I decided to discard the removing helmets and stuff (and the team agreed on that) since the hidden selections which formed these features in a previous version are one big problem in OFP. They just won't behave. smile_o.gif The most common bug was that when you loaded a game the helmets would disappear. Then, headgear was visible on driver's views in the vehicles, plus wound textures were not displayed on headgear altogether. So, good riddance to these features.

The airborne woodland camo was reworked. It now has 512x512 texture resolution... eats up more memory though, but there's a price to pay for the good looks. The models have quite high poly count (although there's some areas to clean up, will do it in 2.0). And, as you can see, new camo type has been added - Bekas tigerstripe BDUs.

And last but not least - the question of the "evilness" of Russians and Soviets in the game. You know, I stopped playing Ghost Recon 'cause I got bored with the idea of Russia being a scarecrow for the outside world. And it just keeps happening over and over. But there's a rather helpful way to see through all this politics and stuff - a soldier's view of events. The politicians gamble while the soldiers fight for them - it had always been like this. And Dwarden, you say that USSR has invaded your country and occupied it for 21 years - believe me, Soviet soldiers in those tanks were none too happy about it.

Laz, spasibo za pomosh, ya i tak uje uladil vse eto. Gde ti tak po nenashenski viuchilsya?

--------------

/So I agree with my collegue - most of games today is NATO side-based. A long list. The only russian gun in games usually are AK-47, maybe AKSU74. Currently russia isn't a "center of world evil"... Just a big country with a big problems, bad economic, poor people and shutdowned industry. Maybe "communism ghosts" make script-writers from game commands write such scenarios.

About copyright etc - I just planned to make it in another file, than readme, but forget)) to put them in.

Laser, thank you another time. ;) Spasibo, Mih.

Quote[/b] ]Just a big country with a big problems, bad economic, poor people and shutdowned industry.

And in what part of Russia all these problems still are? Especially with economy which grows faster than in any other country of the world.

Quote[/b] ]Denorc if i remember USSR occupied us for 21 years ...

21 ? where this number come from ? You have in a kind why they have left some military bases after they have liberated your country from nazism? Then it was 59 years ago, not 21.

Thousands from them were die. And now reading your post, I think,  is that really worth it ?

Quote[/b] ]so dont say it's we against You ... dont take it personally but it wasnt my people who drive over there with tanks ...

to be exact, your people was drive over with Russian, East Germany, Hungarian , Romanian and Poland tanks.

That happened in 1968 was wrong. But to avoid it, Russia should disengage all armies after fall of Berlin. And concentrate on restoration of they own country.

But instead, they, for they own money and resource, start to rebuild 10 more countries almost destroyed by war. No economy in the world, no mater how strong it is, can't take it for long. (Almost all Warsaw pact countries have almost free oil and gas for 40+ years)

And doing so, Russians forget one simple rule. “Good affairs do not remain unpunished “

AKM74, are you our AKM74?))))) VIT?

In each part of russia economic is bad. This "oil drug", russia is using, it's killing our industry, free marketing, free trade.

Strange, I have lots of friends in Russia, who tell me completely opposite. And it all change in last 3-4 years.

Maybe your friends are wealthy new-russian sons, but life in russia is normal only in large cities - other territory has very low infrastructure level...

On our side we'll try to pay more attention to the readme's, so no one would be left out. smile_o.gif

That's good. Had someone from the ORCS said that in the first place, this thread would have been much more on topic.

If you have an updated VDV.txt file, I'm willing to upload a mirror copy that will include it. Or is the old 1.25 VDV documentation still accurate?

Also, what about the old Outbreak mission?

Finally, regarding Russian scarecrows smile_o.gif , I would be more than happy to see Russian mission makers produce missions and campaigns from a Russian perspective. If this is such an important message to get out to the community, someone with incentive - like you and your friends - should make it a top priority.

I don't think anyone here has a problem with that. smile_o.gif

Not for us  unclesam.gif I love Uncle Sam

Now that Russia is a capitalist, if we allied with them, damn no one could stop us heh divide the world in two, America on the west and Russia on the east and then we'll all be friends

Not for us  unclesam.gif I love Uncle Sam

Now that Russia is a capitalist, if we allied with them, damn no one could stop us heh divide the world in two, America on the west and Russia on the east and then we'll all be friends

oh yea, it probably would be that way.....but whats in between Russia and the US? THE MID EAST crazy_o.gif

lol

good work ORCS. you definitely need to try to get the EASTERN part of the world out of the evil position

Quote[/b] ]good work ORCS. you definitely need to try to get the EASTERN part of the world out of the evil position

Ya, focus it back on France where it belongs.

just kidding

...or am I? rock.gifsmile_o.gif

nice......can't wait for a Russia v. France campaign. lol the possibilities are endless now adays wink_o.gif

OMG please someone make this thread back on the topic of the new pack!

i thought this topic was about the release of the desant 1.51 release? this whole "your country is the evil one" shit is pissing me off.

Im Australian and dont hate any country but if i look at most countrys they have dont something i dont agree with so let it go and enjoy the new found (mostly) peaceful times.

also i cant beleive all this started from a very skilled addon maker just asking for his name in the readme!? he has every right to ask where it was. Without his work you might not have had this addon.

im not taking any sides and i have nothing against any of you but please it sounds or reads like you have to grow up just a little and stop this shit and get back to dicussing the addon? sound good?

that is just what i think wink_o.gif

btw way great addon once again orcs beutiful!

This thread got really strange really fast. crazy_o.gif

But I would sure like more missions from a Russian perspective (my latest mission is so, actually), in fact I've always wanted to, 90% of modern war games seem to be about the U.S, and Russia is often the enemy. Also, I just love Russian equipment. tounge_o.gif

i miss the helmet feature because it was fun i didnt think it clutered up the menu but its your choice these units are growing on me smile_o.gif