Sign in to follow this  
Nuclear W

Bang bang your dead

Wouldnt it enhance realismin OFP2 if your enemies (including AI) would taunt you once in a while. E.g, you miss one of them, they duck under a trench and shout "You missed american/ russian/ space alien fool!

Hrmm...correct me if im wrong, but i thought this only belonged in Hollywood movies. If the enemy have a clear shot and misses, i think you will be more eager to shoot back or flee then to start taunting him rock.gif

What's the one thing that sets flashpoint apart from other 'battle' games?

Our game is more sim than game.

I think 'I've got him', 'Soldier is History' is more than adequate enough in game. If you want to have a soldier crowing over his victory, do it in a cutscene. In fact, if I remember correctly, there is a few voices in the editor that go somewhere along the lines of 'Die commie bastard' and 'Die Imperialist Pig'.

Small taunts in some scenarios might be ok, so long as it's nothing childish, example: UT 2003 e.t.c.

blues.gif

What exactly did you have in mind? BIS is aiming for realism, and much of the current community seems to take that as the single most important key to OFP's succes. My experience on a real battlefield is not that great tounge_o.gif but I find it very unlikely people constantly yell insults at the enemy. BIS reads these threads, so if there's a point, it will be taken. But this smells too much like the UT taunts ozanzac mentioned, which are almost as irritating as they are unrealistic wink_o.gif

I don't think taunts belong in OFP...if you want to include them in your cutscenes (taunting a prisoner or something) it's easy enough to record your own and package them up.

There's just too much going on on the battlefield to be taunting people. wink_o.gif

Hrmm...correct me if im wrong, but i thought this only belonged in Hollywood movies. If the enemy have a clear shot and misses, i think you will be more eager to shoot back or flee then to start taunting him  rock.gif

"Ner-ner-ne-ner-ner! You smell, Ivan! You couldn't hit me if you- AAAAGH!"

I agree totally smile_o.gif

I wouldnt go for taunts but what would be fine is if soldiers are in groups and have the appropriate state of alert would shout to each other to coordinate. That´s real and I would love it.

No taunts IMO either. Yelling when giving orders (in 4d space) would be great. Also when other stuff happens, see a mission by Bals., that was pretty sweet.

Yeah. Warfare is really loud. People shout a lot. I think my hearing is still damaged from one particularly loud sergeant. crazy_o.gif

I think BAS took the first step in this direction with the Tonal-Tango pack. I love the voices that the Tonalese have.

Taunts can be very useful as a psychological tool when fighting an enemy, not as much against your enemy but to improve the morale of yourself and others on your own side. Taunts would be appropriate for some troop types, not snipers and spec ops but millita types and for cinematics for mission editing.

Realism is not the issue really since most missions are harder than real life missions in terms of the # of opponants the player has to take on. Ideally Nato armies attack with 3:1 odds, missions like this would be pretty dull since the friendly side is likely to win, thats realism though.

I would also like to see more swearing in the dialogue of missions and campaigns, most missions seem like you are fighting with boy scouts.

Yes, that is an excellent point. Might aswell have a realistic level of speech for soldiers, officers etc, since this is a combat simulation there should be no issue with kids be exposed to explicit language as they are not a target audience and shouldn't be playing the game anyway.

When the Scots Guards were attacking Tumbledown, the Argentines attempted to taunt them, but none were responded to (the battle went on for hours) - until one Argentine soldier shouted ''Go home you English bastards!" - at which point a jock stood up and yelled 'Ah'm no fuckin' English! You'se are gettin' it!"

When the Scots Guards were attacking Tumbledown, the Argentines attempted to taunt them, but none were responded to (the battle went on for hours) - until one Argentine soldier shouted ''Go home you English bastards!" - at which point a jock stood up and yelled 'Ah'm no fuckin' English!  You'se are gettin' it!"

ROFLMAO!

i think some taunting would work, but i wish they make it so that it kicks in after a prolonged firefight. in shor tones, you probably will be busy shooting them down and by the time you taunt enemies, you finished them off already. tounge_o.gif

Well tuanting in a stealth mission is wrong.

*silenced-bang*

EAT LEAD IVAN!!!!

tounge_o.gif

Even in heavy combat. With all the shooting I dont think they will hear. I like the idea for yelling orders like the radio. smile_o.gif

Its not realistic but i must say the Taunts on the mature/euro version of vietcong were quite shocking.

Everything from F**** you to F**... gooks and a**holes(list goes on...). Gave the caracters very distinctive personalities biggrin_o.gif . I did a quick fight recently has VC and the green berets kept yelling "F** you" at me crazy_o.gif .

I hope there will be no taunts. The reason I play OFP is because it is a simulator (basically). If I want taunts I'll play Quake smile_o.gif