Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Designated marksman system pack

looks nice biggrin_o.gif going to have to check I like to use the M4203SD from the USMC pack, but the M4 in your pack is more like mine. Going to dl it now to see if it sounds and fires like the real thing. My M4

looks nice biggrin_o.gif going to have to check  I like to use the M4203SD from the USMC pack, but the M4 in your pack is more like mine. Going to dl it now to see if it sounds and fires like the real thing. My M4

Why do you have that gun?

Some of you ppl here really scare me.

looks nice biggrin_o.gif going to have to check  I like to use the M4203SD from the USMC pack, but the M4 in your pack is more like mine. Going to dl it now to see if it sounds and fires like the real thing. My M4

Why do you have that gun?

Some of you ppl here really scare me.

LOL... Dont worry its not fully auto. I dont know why people get spooked when they see guns like this. Its a rifle just like any other, its just that mine has a pistol grip and 30 round mag.  crazy_o.gif

Ok just did a test...

The sound is off but the kick is ok. Why the major change in sound with the CAR-15? Need some more echo, and it should have more of a crack sound to your guns. If you do keep your sound you should really add echo at least and get rid of the padded room sound:p

and yes I am from the US unclesam.gif

Didn't someone make a L96 British sniper rifle awhile back?

I could have sworn I had an addon for one a long time ago.

Kabal's Sniper-Rifles pack has the L96, plus the AWP, AWM50 and Cheyenne Tactical.

Oh you have a gun but its not auto so its ok.

I am guessing you are American?  unclesam.gif

Tankie.... America is a very different culture then European cultures where such firearms are banned.

Having guns doesn't mean automatically that a culture is violent.  Canadians have tons of guns for their population size, yet they don't have a particularly violent culture.  

America was founded upon the gun, with firearms being part of the identity of Americans and "Rugged American individualism".  It represents strength, self-sufficiency, and security.

Plus, assault rifles are just TONS of fun to shoot.  OFP is a great simulation of shooting them, but it doesn't compare to actually blasting the real deal.  

However with that said, assault rifles are of little practical use as they are dicey as home defense weapons (bullets go through burglars and the walls behind them, and often into the homes of neighbors...and your neighbors).    They are also illegal in most states for hunting without a special 5 round magazine.  The .223 caliber of the CAR-15's/AR-15's are usable for hunting but you must be a very accurate shot with it, otherwise you only get wounded game which is very cruel on the animal.   Generally it's best to use a heavier caliber like .308 caliber for deer hunting or hunting for other large game.  

Some people call assault rifles "varmint guns" for picking off coyotes, possums, racoons, ect...  

But ultimately there is one big reason why most Americans believe in the right to have these weapons....   they are the final defense against tryanny if our constitution is attacked and dismantled.   If our Supreme Court rallys behind a President (like Bush) who starts changing the constitution or attacking it, then the US military can not defend the constitution if the Supreme Court says that new laws don't violate the constitution.

Therefore, if we end up with a tryannical state in America, citizens have this final right to use their arms to fight against tyranny.

So I'm not saying this is right or wrong.  It simply is the way our country and constitution was formed so don't be so quick to pass judgement on Americans who happen to have guns or even assault rifles.  

They are perfectly legal here and most assault rifle owners are very responsible about owning them.... and like I said, they are just tons of fun to shoot out at the target range.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I don't wanna moan, but can we keep it more on topic, don't want the thread locked or similar for going into political opinions. Cheers

EDIT: By the way Miles, I'm looking forward to that mission, screenshots are looking good.

On a more on-topic note, I've fixed many (infact all) of the issues that have been reported both here and on various comments pages on news sites where an item has been posted about the pack. Expect another BETA this weekend, unless any major bugs are reported between now and then.

If no more bugs are reported by Thursday, I may release Public BETA v1.1 on Friday.

On a more on-topic note, I've fixed many (infact all) of the issues that have been reported both here and on various comments pages on news sites where an item has been posted about the pack. Expect another BETA this weekend, unless any major bugs are reported between now and then.

If no more bugs are reported by Thursday, I may release Public BETA v1.1 on Friday.

Awesome. Yeah I'm going to make the mission using the Lost Brothers IDF infantry demo pack we released recently along with the Zelda and Steele and StuKa's Magach 6 tank.

I'm still trying to settle on which addon to use as infantry. I might just use the default Resistance guys...

But I'm leaning towards the UCE Kuffiya resistance fighters.

I could use NoOne's old Palistinian resistance fighters. Maybe with two missions from both sides just to be fair. But if that Iraqi infantry addon is fixed up soon, I'll probably use them since they make good general purpose Middle East soldiers. smile_o.gif

But right now I'm also trying to finish up a OFrP mission for that mod team and a Vietnam misson for Ebud. But its ok because shifting between those missions keeps me from getting burnt out with just one. smile_o.gif

Anyhoo... I'll try to get all of them done ASAP. smile_o.gif

I can't wait to try out the fixed versions of this pack. That's going to be sweet!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I may make the forth-coming release Full Release v1.00 and package it in a an AAE (Addons At Ease) package. I'll be off to make the demo mission soon - even if this release isn't made into an AAE compatible .MSI launcher, the mission will come in handy for when it is.

For those of you who do not know what Addons at Ease (AAE) is about, check out this section of the forums.

That's cool if you decide to use the addons at ease format, but personally I must say that I hate the addons at ease format which to me doesn't really make anything easier.

For me just a good ol' .rar file with a pbo file in it (not in a folder) is super easy to use especially since WinRAR shows the last few directories where you saved your files. I find this feature MUCH easier then installers which I absolutely hate.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

For me just a good ol' .rar file with a pbo file in it (not in a folder) is super easy to use especially since WinRAR shows the last few directories where you saved your files.  I find this feature MUCH easier then installers which I absolutely hate.

Agreed. The last thing I need is more junk cluttering up the registry, start menu, desktop etc, etc.  crazy_o.gif

The first thing I want is the full release...  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Then we're in agreement, I shall release two versions, the AAE complaint .MSI installer, and a bog-standard .ZIP file.

I've just completed making the mission, its good fun, but a little difficult. Shows of the rifles well though, and gives you a choice of all four in the inventory selection screen.

Awesome! I can't wait to see it and the fixed rifles!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I have just uploaded FULL v1.00 of the Designated Marksman System Pack. It can be found at the DMS Website.

It comes with a converted BIS mission - Bomberman.

As it says on the site, its still in .zip format for now, but within the next few days, I intend to upload an AAE compliant .MSI installer.

Bug fixes:

- Corrected ACOG zoom (now the zoom is fixed at x4),

- Corrected the CAR-15 Barrel, and M16A2 muzzle break,

- Minor code tweaks,

- Other minor tweaks and fixes.

Enjoy, and post feedback.

Do'h...I didn't even noticed that was missing. Aside fromt that however I really like the resized M16A2E3 and I think the zoom on the optics is just about right.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

After investigating and comparing file size/modification dates and times, I've established I accidentally uploaded an older version of the PBO within the .zip

EDIT:*Removed* See below

OK, the new version has been uploaded and fixes the small muzzle flash bug. It can be found over at http://sjb.ofpr.com/dms2/.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, whilst I was uploading the new version, I uploaded the Addons At Ease (AAE) compliant version too, so if you prefer a smaller download (roughtly 800kb smaller), check it out as well.

Both files can be found at the site.

So far so good. In the mission I'm making the Marksman do a good job of taking out snipers I have all over Suez City on the Sanai.

Hopefully I'll have the mission done soon. I just need to finish the ending and add a few more custom sounds.

But overall the DMS rifles are awesome to use in combat.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This pack is nicely done and gives you something somewhat different to shoot with, I like the look of them, esp. the optics, better than the SOPMOD M4s from BAS.

A question rumages through my head, which countries fielded these weapons actually?

You gave some good reference to Israeli use, but who is using it too?

Another point, since the weapons seem to be coded to accept the BIS standart Mags, would it have been possible to code JAM Mags too?

S! ..... and thanks for your efforts!

Keep up this good work!

I'm glad people like them...I expected a whole lot of "ERK! More M4s!" etc.

Anyway, Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) are the most known (at leats to me) forces that use them, I'm sure there are others, so a google search may bring you some results.

JAM MIGHT be included in a future update.

Very nice weapons. I knew the modelling and textures would be spot on because of your previous work Jackal but these are great all the same. smile_o.gif

One thing that seemed strange to me was that the bipod's are very short. If I go prone with my weapon horizontal the bipod is several inches off the ground and the magazine actually appears to be about an inch longer than it. Is this realistic? rock.gif

Yes and no. The length of the bipod is adjustable to a degree (in real-life), the ingame version is it at its shortest. I will probably make it longer in a future release so that the legs touch the ground when the rifle is aimed level, and perhaps include JAM coding (in a seperate PBO).