Sign in to follow this  
Friedchiken

Handling cqb: the cqb "stance"

nice info. smile_o.gif

yeah, maybe the walk key should be like this except shooting should not be as accurate as the pros (virtual reality is too easy to move around wink_o.gif ) so as to piss of the cs lamers. tounge_o.gif

Guest major gandhi

I agree with Heatseeker. Fighting in areas with dense vegatation is frustrating as well as in urban areas.

CQB is a mess in ofp. The AI simply does not have the ability to fight in urban terrain. The AI is supposed to fight in the open. And since OFP orginally was set in 1985 it fitted somehow. But with all those modern addons and mods out and with the more modern orientated setting of ofp2 CQB is a must. Modern warfare without CQB is not modern.

The AI simply does not have the ability to fight in urban terrain. The AI is supposed to fight in the open. And since OFP orginally was set in 1985 it fitted somehow.

Yeah, since back in 1985 there were no urban areas: God didn't create them till the mid 90's... ghostface.gif

Anyway, I agree with Baron H. There is little need for change in movement speed to accomodate for CQB. The F button is an excellent solution: you move at a reasonable pace and retain reasonable accuracy, without sacrificing oversight (like you do when you use ironsights, which cause tunnelvision). That's how CQB works. Friedchicken, you admit it yourself: films and games are a rather poor reference... However, as an exception to the rule, Rainbow Six Raven Shield is an excellent example of how it works. Move, kneel, fire, move on.

The first and foremost thing that is necessary for half-decent CQB in OFP is no more of that damn clipping! Sure, it has been improved by the patches, but it's still very much present and very much annoying. Better explosion simulation: walls and other objects need to stop shrapnel. Currently, the sandbag fortresses are complete deathtraps instead of tactical strongholds that they are IRL. On the other hand, other objects need to become less solid: currently, you can hide behind a chair while the other guy pumps a whole 7.62 clip in the aforementioned chair, and still survive.

And one more thing... leaning. I think the merit of that option is rather self-explanatory...

In sum, I would like to see a hybrid of RVS and OFP:)

regards,

Xawery

im my experience on exercises with cadets i can hold my loaded l85 (blanks ill admit) for long enough in a CQB stance although it is a bullpup so it is probably easier than a big old armalite to hold in the aim position while moving. Supposedly you move as fast as possible while still being able to aim. I think this would be very useful in OFP2 and a good idea as an option just to make this the complete infantry simulator more importantly the AI must be able to do this, perhaps an option in the action menu to "Clear room" such as that in H and D 2

Just as long as it didn't facilitate the ability to shoot as competently as someone who's not moving at all. So as to negate any sort of benefit of moving and shooting.

Am i the only one thats realized the xbox contoller is excellent for this as you can change your speed by simply pushing abit less but with keyboard you dont get that difference (its either on or off not between) so i think what is being asked for would be simply unpractical. in the end you would have three action menus for all the different ways to move :)