Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Late rhs x-mas present

never had that. but i wasnt killed often in a tank. i don't play ctis, so i don't know how to fix it... but we'll see wink_o.gif

The fan mount on the back of that Enigma simply indicates that that particular Enigma was modded off a Chinese bought Type-69II. (The Type-69II has a modified engine) Not all Enigmas were modded off this tank, a lot were built on T-55s, and thus the model is accurate in that respect.

A pic of another Enigma based on a Russian T-55

Hi,

About the Flamethrower script - would it be possible to incorporate it into the .pbo using the fired eventhandler? Eg. configure the tank with a harmless, soundless, rapid fire weapon called "Flamethrower", then have the script triggered by the fired eventhandler? Excuse my ignorance - I may be talking nonsense  crazy_o.gif

The Operation Sci-Fi mod have a Flamer tank in near-release state for their Warhammer mod. It looks like they've got their flamethrower working without user-scripting - I quote:

"...i have stubled on a method that requires no scripting by the user (its all done in the config) and no placement of triggers or any of that annoying crap, its simple, u place the addon in ur addons directory, run ofp, put the flamer guy in a mission or waht ever, and bobs ur uncle, u have a working flamethrower that works, i.e. it actually damages things."

Link to this thread:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=32192

Here's a link to their website:

http://scifi.the-spectrum.org/lobby/

Beautiful tanks anyway - congratulations  biggrin_o.gif

yes, if we include an flamethrower it'll be as you said: a "invisible" bullet and a fired EH...

Are you sure that Operation Sci-Fi is using invisible bullets for their flame thrower???

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sigma-6

Can you look at Iraq division signs on T-55's, they contain words and it seems they are mirrored. (something like that L-R gun R-L, but need to be L-R gun L-R). But maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks, Peter.

I actually added the markings and there is indeed text signifying Qadisiyah Saddam. It is indeed mirrored on some tanks. Sorry for that.

Hi there Sigma-6,

I never inferred that all Enigmas were based on Type69-IIs. I am well educated with the nuances of the T54/T55 FOV (only the ones I care about). Perhaps a re-read of my previous post is in order.

It was just a coincidence that the Enigma picture that I linked to was based on a Type69-II, I was not inferring that they all are like that.

Another problem with the tank pack.

I am using "RHS_NoScripts = true" in my cti, everything is fine.

T55 and T64 can be used without any problem.

So I gave the resistance T-54.

If you kill one, the smoke and explosions effects appear, everythings fine now.

But when you came to a city after a while where a T-54 was killed some time ago, you get a CTD.

Is the T-xx model changing to a wreck when it´s burned out?

I hope a update will come soon.

MfG Lee

@ Jan. 06 2004,08:26)]Hi there Sigma-6,

I never inferred that all Enigmas were based on Type69-IIs. I am well educated with the nuances of the T54/T55 FOV (only the ones I care about). Perhaps a re-read of my previous post is in order.

It was just a coincidence that the Enigma picture that I linked to was based on a Type69-II, I was not inferring that they all are like that.

I'm aware of that, the oversight was not yours.

@lee: yes, i worked the last 4 hours on the update, i'm sure you'll get it in the next seven days...

in the update not only one script will start when you write rhs_noscripts=true. no, we don't change the model... i have no idea why it crashed. i get with t-55s update no more ctds. i bombed 63*4 t-55s with a friend in mp, it didn't crash (was a bit laggy) smile_o.gif

Still waiting for those updatet T-55 and finale T-64.but one question is coming to my mind are you going to do new interior in future releases tank packs like t-64,t-72,t-80,t-90 because the bis ones really sucks and dont fit in your new shiny tanks smile_o.gif

@lee: yes, i worked the last 4 hours on the update, i'm sure you'll get it in the next seven days...

in the update not only one script will start when you write rhs_noscripts=true. no, we don't change the model... i have no idea why it crashed. i get with t-55s update no more ctds. i bombed 63*4 t-55s with a friend in mp, it didn't crash (was a bit laggy)  smile_o.gif

Good to hear.

One question on the T64s.

Comparing with sigma´s T-72s, where to sort in the T64s.

Firepower and armour.

"T-55A" , "T-55AM2" , "T-64B" , "T-64BVK" , "T-72M1" , "T-72B"

Is this correct or is a T-64BVK better then T-72M1?

I have the feeling that the T-64BVK is the better survivor in the battlefield.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

yes, generally you can say that t-64s are better than t-72s (maybe some updates not). t-72s are mostly for export...

final version of t-64s will come later, our primary target are "bugfree" t-55s.

Still waiting for those updatet T-55 and finale T-64.but one question is coming to my mind are you going to do new interior in future releases tank packs like t-64,t-72,t-80,t-90 because the bis ones really sucks and dont fit in your new shiny tanks smile_o.gif

they might suck but they are realistic and detailed so if there is no need for major remodeling then no.

Quote[/b] ]they might suck but they are realistic and detailed so if there is no need for major remodeling then no
hmm maybe the interiors are realistic but for older versions tanks now the last production series of russian tanks have totally difrent equipment inside tounge_o.gif and for the totally new tanks as OPLOT and BLACK EAGLE they interior dont have even their counterpart in bis made interiors.

Returning to the possibility of a flamethrower version of the T-55,there is a working flamethrower as part of mapfact's improved a.i. addon! (mapfact).

As far as I can see it works without external scripting and it's certainly great fun to use.

Hope that this is usefull.

update is delayed a small time cos of new patch.

maybe you'll get less ctd's, 1.95 readme says:

Quote[/b] ]1.95 - Fixed: Bug in animation loading. As a result some 3rd party addons with custom animation could cause a crash.
smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

update is delayed a small time cos of new patch.

maybe you'll get less ctd's, 1.95 readme says:

Quote[/b] ]1.95  - Fixed: Bug in animation loading. As a result some 3rd party addons with custom animation could cause a crash.
 smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

nooooo!!! hmmm then must wait must wait crazy_o.gif hopfully not long wink_o.gif

Also would like to tell u that the final T64 pack will not only have all the bugs patched up but will also feature new versions of the tank, certainly one new, maybe more.

Also would like to tell u that the final T64 pack will not only have all the bugs patched up but will also feature new versions of the tank, certainly one new, maybe more.

cool and will in this release the tanks have a camo scheme not only one color olive green rock.gif