Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

Animation pack

Hey there,

Deciding to release a new animation pack sometime soon, just need to fix up some of my animations.  Pictures  smile_o.gif

Static Crouch:

crouch.jpg

New Cargo(replaces old cargo):

IMAGE FILE SIZE OVER 100KB!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/combatofp/cargo.jpg

Crouch(Replaces default crouch(MAY CHANGE)):

crouchnew.jpg

Static Crouch 2:

lookalikeM.jpg

Sprint(Replaces Default):

runnew.jpg

SafeWalk(Replaces Default(Rouge1's animation reworked)):

walkingame2.jpg

More to come, I'll keep you updated  wink_o.gif

Wahey, not bad, not bad at all... I especially like the crouches, though the static one looks as if about to fall backwards. But superb. wink_o.gif

In the static anim 2 I tried mocking this picture:

grunt.jpg

Didn't quite work the way I planned wink_o.gif

cargojeep.jpg

Rifle position/angle still needs to be fixed, so does the handplacement.

Looks good, but but a couple of questions; Will the shoulders/upper body move in sync with the lower torso?

Why left handed for safewalk?

@Wardog: Move in sync..... rock.gif

The reason why the units are left handed is because I haven't gotten the time yet ot switch them over to right handed, they originally were left handed but I will switch them tounge_o.gif

It's late......I'm off to bed ghostface.gif

@Wardog:  Move in sync..... rock.gif

What's that supposed to mean? rock.gif

Wardog meant that in Hunter's released anims only the legs move and the upper body stays fixed, which looks silly. tounge_o.gif

And could you make them lean forward a bit less? That's maybe my only gripe with the animation overall, and the syncing of course.

Good to hear that you're working on a pack, especially the cargo anim looks nice! smile_o.gif

Oh and it looks like handling recoil would be extremely hard in that crouching anim. How about putting one knee on the ground?

it will be great if it is possible to make all those anime appears random, but i dont think the game engine can let it happens........

Good. smile_o.gif I'm looking forward to downloading it.

Now the inevitable question: How soon will they be available?

it's good work Wilco but maybe you could change some stuff like:

Pic1

A gun is not a lightweight and how the soldiers is holding it ( his left hand above the heatshields ) is not a good one....you could do it in R/L but after some minuts your arms will weaken.

so maybe you could put the left arm underneat the gun.

wink_o.gif

They all look good except for the 2nd static crouch, and the new sprint ( the default sprint is fine IMO ). I hope the transition from one form of movement to these new ones is smooth. I can imagine that'd be a pretty tough job...

HI Wilco,

the animations look really good  smile_o.gif

But I have some questions:

Will it work in MP?

Is it a "Client"-Version (can i use it in MP, if the other players and/or the server doesn't use it)?

THX, MEDICUS

Very nice work. I like the idea of the second crouching anim. Nice to have a crouching scouting/resting anim like that. Could be useful for soliders in a patrol on a recon mission for example. When the soldiers makes a halt they could crouch like that so it looks like they are scanning the area around them for possible treats and/or resting. Would be nice to have some anims of handsignals to go with that too (stop/continue/careful etc).. wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

edit: scanning != scouting biggrin_o.gif