Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Help me with my new campaign

Ok, I need your help lads. I decided to make a campaign, and for that I will need some help with what addons to use.

It will be based on Afghanistan, it will play on Catshit's Afghanistan map. So I need some Soviets of that era.

I was thinking of using the standard Spetsnatz model and add some fancy weapons, but maybe there is a better addon out there for this role?

The other question is: the Afghanis, I think some of the Tonal units are best suited for that role. But that would require the download of the Tonal pack...which is quite huge. What do you say? Please vote for this smile_o.gif

Cheers lads biggrin_o.gif

Hmm...that's quite the noodle scratcher  rock.gif

Tonalis are black, and their clothes don't look much like the clothes the Muhajiddeen wore. Same goes for BiBMI's African militia. I was thinking of the UCE Middle East infantry, but they're limited to a few units and they're all dressed the same, and their clothes aren't really right...Hmm...There's Christoph's Afghan units from the Afghanistan pack, but they look a bit rushed. I was thinking, if ever you were to use US 'advisors' then the WG Addon Pack's SF FIDs would be perfect smile_o.gif Then again that's a pretty big download  rock.gif

Hmm...the jury's out for this one  rock.gif

I think your best bet would be to use the updated UCE units, as you get a mixture of Russian forces (desert, standard camo) and you get a mix of Resistance units (Middle East terrorists, jungle Resistance), which could pass as Muhajideen...

I think your best bet would be to use the updated UCE units, as you get a mixture of Russian forces (desert, standard camo) and you get a mix of Resistance units (Middle East terrorists, jungle Resistance), which could pass as Muhajideen...

This one here?

This one here?

Aye that's the one

I would recommend otherwise Tonalis dont fit in Afghanistan crazy_o.gifghostface.gif

Try using one of those bearded addons outthere or some of old UCE's middleeastern fightrs much more suitable.

i also think you should go with UCE..But what`s the campaign all about???Which side will you play..What type of missions..

Could you please give more details?

i also think you should go with UCE..But what`s the campaign all about???Which side will you play..What type of missions..

Could you please give more details?

You will fight the Russians. You personally will be a British Officer, uniting some Afghani tribes that are wasting time infighting wink_o.gif

Yeah, did some testing tonight, I will use the UCE Middle Eastern Guerillas.

But there is still the issue of the Russkies. I don't think the olive drab is any good....do you?

What about the Tigerstripe camo for the Spetznatz (Maybe by UCE rock.gif )?

Hrm... Not for missions taking place in Afghanistan. SDOC/UCE's Russian pack might be too big to download with the weapon packs required. Perhaps a talk with UCE on modifying the config and the addon in general to only include the desert soldiers and the original weapons?

EDIT: After looking at the size of the regular infantry I have come to realize that no modding of the CPP would be needed. But the two weapon packs it requires makes the thing a bit hefty sad_o.gif

nope..won`t work on CAT Afghanistan map..But if I remember corectly Laser realesed some excelent russian units is desert camo only problem is that they were modern and not soviet

The UCE Russians are the only ones that could be used with effeciency as I see it. As far as I know alot of green camouflage was used by the Russians in Afghanistan aswell as desert camouflage. And we don't have any Soviet soldiers except the official ones and the WW2-era ones by Stoppehoser, so these would be the closest I guess...

The UCE Russians are the only ones that could be used with effeciency as I see it. As far as I know alot of green camouflage was used by the Russians in Afghanistan aswell as desert camouflage. And we don't have any Soviet soldiers except the official ones and the WW2-era ones by Stoppehoser, so these would be the closest I guess...

But UCE made RUSSIAN soldiers, not Soviet ones sad_o.gif

But UCE made RUSSIAN soldiers, not Soviet ones sad_o.gif

Yes, I am aware. But those are the closest ones in existance as far as I know. If we aren't looking for WW2 action in Afghanistan.

I think I should just use the normal BIS ones :/

Most of the pictures on the web are black and white, but the few colour ones feature green uniforms.

IIRC correctly, UCE made Soviet soldiers...If all else fails, you might consider using the GDR soldiers in the same pack. They're pretty much Soviet soldiers, but I can't remember if they have any obvious badges or patches,etc...So that could be a prob

is it wise to use CAT's Afghan map? it is still a beta and has changed considerably over the last 3 versions, whole towns have been removed, roads, terrain have all changed....

a campaign on Tonal with the included units would be just as awesome smile_o.gif

@ Dec. 13 2003,11:44)]is it wise to use CAT's Afghan map? it is still a beta and has changed considerably over the last 3 versions, whole towns have been removed, roads, terrain have all changed....

a campaign on Tonal with the included units would be just as awesome smile_o.gif

Tonal starts turning into a slide show when I have a dozen units on it, so that is not an option wink_o.gif

I am aware of the different versions of Cat's Afghanistan map, but what I will do is stick to one version, then offer that particular version for download from the campaign site.

What about the desert soviets that came with Desert Malden? smile_o.gif

Hmm, got a link? Are they any good?