Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Snrub

Apache variations?

I'd love to see a new Apache, in particular the Longbow, as quite frankly the BIS one isn't cutting the mustard any more smile_o.gif

A new model is a must, seeing as though the BIS one is uneditable, some new textures wouldn't go astray, nor would a comprehensive selection of weapon loadouts (16 x Hellfires, Stingers etc.).

Other bells and whistles - countermeasures, animated doors, smoke when damaged, ejected shell casings, better sounds etc.

I have a feeling that BAS had an Apache on their project list, but removed it (understandably) due to the vast amount of projects already underway, so does anybody else feel like having a crack at this?

[There was a previous thread about new Apaches, but it was >6 months ago...] smile_o.gif

Thinking back to DKMM's Mi-28 and RAH-66, it would, in my mind, already be decided who should do it... biggrin_o.gif

Silesians retextured Apache is my favorite, although its BIS model and with the same weaponry,i have used it since it came out,i dont think i even have original BIS AH64 in my HD anymore as it doesnt give modified messages in MP....but a longbow will be most welcome wink_o.gif

Those BoH Apaches are looking nice ... looks like they've got Stingers as well! smile_o.gif

I didn't know the JSDF used Apaches - I thought they only used Cobras and Ninjas ... or is the mod a fictional one?

Anyhoo, perhaps someone could get permission from the BoH blokes to do a bit of a retexture once it comes out...

Yeah, US Army version is realy badly needed. And make it have 16xHellfire loadout, plz.

The only things I can see they've changed (apart from the textures obviously) are a Longbow radar and Stinger launch rails...To be honest,I can't really find anything wrong with the BIS model.

I think the only things which could make it better would be the addition of a Longbow radar, more scripted changes, like various engagement methods, auto flare/chaff, different weapon loadouts, but the model's fine.

Yeah, but the problem with the BIS model is that it is not editable unless some geek's just found out method to decrypt ODOL format. wink_o.gif

That's why new model had to be made.

What's ODOL? Some sort of deodorant?

The format BIS converted their models and still converts their models to so it saves memory and doesn't allow people to steal the models (probably other developers, this format was developed before they decided to release O2 to the public).

The JASDF is a fairly new operator, the contract was signed to license build AH-64Js after OH-1 production commenced (the OH-1 had been entered agains the apache for the attack helicopter contract, having already won the recce contract)

BOH's looks great.

I would like to see a Westland version now being used by the british Army Air corps (If I am correct).. but knowing people's usual reactions to requests for UK equipment, I cannot see this happening.

The format BIS converted their models and still converts their models to so it saves memory and doesn't allow people to steal the models (probably other developers, this format was developed before they decided to release O2 to the public).

On second thoughts...

BIS OH-58 is available in ODOL format only, but BAS somehow modified this model for theirs Kiowa Warrior project, adding new weapon loadouts, etc.

Same with several of OPFOR vehicles.

Anybody care to explain?

Hmmm, I see kind of secret deal between BIS and BAS rock.gifbiggrin_o.gif

The JASDF is a fairly new operator, the contract was signed to license build AH-64Js after OH-1 production commenced (the OH-1 had been entered agains the apache for the attack helicopter contract, having already won the recce contract)

I would have thought it would be the JSDF which operated the AH-64, not the JASDF.

BOH's looks great.

I would like to see a Westland version now being used by the british Army Air corps (If I am correct).. but knowing people's usual reactions to requests for UK equipment, I cannot see this happening.

i think their already is one

look on ofp info

On second thoughts...

BIS OH-58 is available in ODOL format only, but BAS somehow modified this model for theirs Kiowa Warrior project, adding new weapon loadouts, etc.

Anybody care to explain?

Hmmm, I see kind of secret deal between BIS and BAS  rock.gif  biggrin_o.gif

i have also seen a ah-64 with stingers

but none with flares or other features rock.gif

On second thoughts...

Anybody care to explain?

They have a model opener thingy that OFP Internals made that can open ODOL.

ODOL means something very funny in Dutch

Onwijs Dikke Ochtend Lul

Translation

Extremely Fat Morning Dick in dutch it sounds funniër

Back on Topic

Battle of Hoikiodo Mod Has some nice things their plane Rulez its a beauty and the Apache Woow biggrin_o.gif

ODOL means something very funny in Dutch

Onwijs Dikke Ochtend Lul

Translation

Extremely Fat Morning Dick in dutch it sounds funniër

Back on Topic

Battle of Hoikiodo Mod Has some nice things their plane Rulez its a beauty and the Apache Woow biggrin_o.gif

thats what you wake up with after a good dream tounge_o.gif lol

Well I wasn't at all impressed with their OH-1 Ninja...Very poor sounds and some pretty poor cockpit texturing sad_o.gif

But their other aircaft, like the Apache and Chinooks were very nice smile_o.gif

On second thoughts...

Anybody care to explain?

They have a model opener thingy that OFP Internals made that can open ODOL.

Where can I get this? OFPInternals is down as far as I know.

Somthing tells me it is not available to the general public agent smith. sad_o.gif

hmmm, that's sad. sad_o.gif

Well, I hope at least sombody will be able to make use of BOH new Apache model and provide us with US Army version...

well, from taking a gander at the BOH website just recently.. It looks like they're gonna release a US one as well... A longbow that is(AH-64D), I don't know if they'll release an AH-64.