Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Zombie addon!!

Hi Prototype,

Heh - after we get the dawn of the dead guys in, all we'll need are a city full of zombies - then the fun can begin!

Hey prototype,

"You're not in here by yourself, boy" biggrin_o.gif

WORK TO DATE

Been working on the ultimate zombie mission. It uses Skye island, and has some really creepy shit going on..

What, you wanna preview? There's no zombies in it... YET.

Download from:

http://www.freewebs.com/tunstals/zombies!.skye.zip

TERMS OF USE:

a) DO NOT use GetRight or any other download managers.

b) DO NOT try and pass this map off as your own work! I will be plenty pissed off if you do, and will chase your mofo ass. Having said that, use the map as a template as you like (as long as its for zombie missions!!)

c) Any work produced with this map, credit me and the zombie team. (Me, Hunt, Prototype and D. Murphy Man)

You will need a whole host of addons, available from ofp.info:

Skye Island

Volvo 740

Audi 80

NBC soldiers

Kegetys editor update

Trabant Taxi

Mini cooper car

Yes, I know about how too many addons are bad for MP, but let's be frank - I don't really give a toss about multiplayer.

BTW, note how I've managed to plunge Skye Island into total darkness. It looks really creepy now.... also note the makeshift graveyard next to one of the churches crazy_o.gif

SOUND FX

Do you need zombie sound FX? I now have fx: breathing, moaning noises etc. Just PM me and I'll send you it. BTW, no it's not from pr0n biggrin_o.gif

CAn you make it so that when they kill an AI, he comes back to life as a zombie soldier! that way, the more they kill, the more they spread lol.....

You wanna make them a zombie eh?

Well, haven't done that part yet BUT the following code should make the soldiers zombies:

_deadperson setdamage 0.8

_deadperson setunitpos "UP"

_deadperson addrating (getrating _deadperson) - 100000

[_deadperson] exec "movezombie.sqs"

Adding a rating of -100000 to a unit means the unit is considered renegade and will be shot on sight!!!

Should be fun... you will have to modify the "acquire new target" code in movezombie.sqs to check though that the unit's rating is >0 (ie: the unit is not a zombie.)

i dunno were to put it...

Ooh err missus biggrin_o.gif

*cough*

j/k

Anyway: sorry Silent, but for me to do that work, you'll have to wait until next year, I'm suspending zombie work for Xmas sad_o.gif

(Only fair. Even zombies need beer lol)

Little bit busy the last days....

Hey i have a shotgun anim.

Maybe its possible that anyone can write a cpp where you have to reload after every second shot and the reload and standing shooting anim have to define too in the cpp ..

I think its very usefull against zombies smile_o.gif

Maybe here is anyone who can help..

CU

i dunno were to put it...

Ooh err missus biggrin_o.gif

*cough*

j/k

Anyway: sorry Silent, but for me to do that work, you'll have to wait until next year, I'm suspending zombie work for Xmas sad_o.gif

(Only fair. Even zombies need beer lol)

LOL!!

Hi all,

I am now working on new zombie animations. Yes, I know I said "no zombies til new year" but I LIED biggrin_o.gif

Would anyone care to help do some complex zombie animations? I just can't get a staggering zombie no matter what I do. They all walk like live humans.

I'm scripting for my Night of the Living Dead mission (it's just a zombie demo mission to get the ball rolling, nothing else. But it will rock ;) ) so am spread pretty thin.

In fact, all donations of zombie animations kindly appreciated smile_o.gif

I think you have pretty much cornered the market on zombie animations dude. Before this thread I thought the only zombie addon was that zombie face from a long time ago. I have always thought a NotLD scenario would be perfect, given the OFP engines strengths.

Yeah, I'm a n00b when it comes to animating with OFP Anim. OFP Anim is easy enough to use, but for some strange reason all of my animations make the zombies walk like hunchbacks.

Now, if I had hunchback zombies that would be OK, but I don't.

Anyway, just for a bit of fun (it is Xmas after all) I'll tell y'all about the extreme's I've gone to:

* I've tried to get my girlfriend to video me walking zombie style so I can copy the animation, but she thinks I'm off my feckin trolley (ie: mad).

* I've also watched countless zombie movies and tried to get pointers from them (yes, stepping frame by frame through a DivX is fun.) , but still my zombies walk like dorks.

To conclude, WILL SOMEONE HELP ME FFS!!! lol

Zombies are fresh and new to OFP, not just yer bog standard human soldier addon, so I would have thought there would be more interest. Maybe a NOTLD mission will help boost the zombies popularity.

HAHAHAHA yeah for some reason girlfriend's think things are crazy. I have looked over every OFP database that I know of, and the only other zombie related project was a Resident Evil one, which would be cool too.

I'd love to have scavenge for supplies as the dead draw near. Break into farm houses and things like that. The big cities would be great (gaia island would be perfect), but I'd probably have a mission trying to pick up supplies as I helped other survivors out.

I do think that if you released a finished addon, and it made it's way to all the addon sites, it would bring more interest. Zombie films are getting more popular, look at RE and 28 Days Later (okay, infected humans). Have you seen Undead? If you get a chance check it out, it brings some new things to the zombie genre.

Oh, we HAVE released the finished addon!!!

D/l from

http://www.freewebs.com/shell_shocks_workshop/

Whatever work I'm doing will be new, and not impact the existing zombie work. Probably biggrin_o.gif

Actually, a note to developers: in the new zombie pack, the zombies have their own vehicle class, named ZOMBIE surprisingly enough, because there's gonna be 10+ different types of the feckers. However, the zombie names will not clash with the existing zombie addons.

I know most gamers (myself included) don't want to have to make scripts or do anything but put in an addon and play. Is there a way to just drop an addon into the addon folder and it will walk and act like a zombie?

I've never done any animations.

The problem with creating an addon to just drop in and play is the fact that, I'd be limiting the behaviour and flexibility of the unit.

By this I mean, if I make all zombies behave in a standard way where no-one has to do any scripting, then developers cannot tailor the addon to their needs.

For example,

If I make a zombie that attacks only WEST soldiers, as sure as dammit people will say, "why does it not attack EAST, or RESISTANCE" ?

Also, making zombies automatically attack WEST soldiers means they can't follow waypoints etc. One sniff of a WEST soldier and wham! they deviate from the waypoint and go on an all you can eat spree.

So... you see my problem.

However, if you want to make your own zombies attack WEST, you will find code to do that in this thread. Try 3-4 pages back. Hope all goes well.

PS:

Download Karillon's SKYE VIRUS map - it's very good, and has a lot of useful scripts.

Hey! Skye Virus is my map! lol karillon made the Nogova virus maps.

And maybe you could have Zombie(noscript),zombie2(noscript) etc.... and then Zombie(Script) ,Zombie2(Script) ect...

So if some one wants to put them on way points and do there own scripting and for lazy people whp just want to place them dwn n play they got the Zombies with script.

Then every bodys happy biggrin_o.gif

You can forget everyone being happy! That's not even a possibility. tounge_o.gif

On a side note, have you checked out the Starship Trooper addon? Those bugs are perfect!

im gunna make a 28 days later mission thing... is it posible if u guys can give the zombies a running animation that makes them a bit faster?