Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Gurilla tatics

Hey all,

Heres a mission thats been in the making for the last day and a half,it is not completely polished yet but it is playble.

Its a 8 player coop and completely open ended,just one objective,destroy all russian forces on the island.

Heres the breifing:

Quote[/b] ]Your the last surviving resistance force on the island,you must scavange for weapons and drive these russian invaders from your home.

Your are out numberd and out gun'd,the only way you can win is to use 'guriller tatics'.

objective:

Destroy all russian forces

Tips:

*Try to enage the enemy only for short periods of time.More then likely they will call for helicopter or amour support as soon as they are engage. You do not have the weapons or the men for large scale battles,so you'll have to stick to 'hit & run' tatics.

*be on the look out for enemy convoy's,they will have extra ammo and weapons you can steal.

*avoid the russian helicopter's on patrol around the island.If they spot you they will call tanks and other helicopters to your loction.

*some towns and bases will have Barraks that will spawn a group that patrols the surrounding area,if you have destroyed the last group spawned from that barrack it will spawn another. Try and destroy every one of these barracks,they will be marked with a white flag.

Gurilla Tatics credits:

Concept and designed by Shell_Sh0ck.

specile thnx to ])rStrangelove who's Spawn Manager 2 script was used in the construction of this map.

Please reply with feedback smile_o.gif So i can devolope this a bit more.

Cheers,

Murphy.

P.s.you can find the link on my website under mission section.

(Website link in sig)

oh..somehow the thread title let me think that your going to ask us about gurilla tactics tounge_o.gif

will check the missions tomorrow, sounds very interesting smile_o.gif

just played your mission. hunting the bmp´s was really fun .. until a T80 and a T72 arrived at the scene and blew me away (stupid AI´s .. grr) smile_o.gif

Yes i supose it could. Has it been released yet? is that the Resistance MOD i seen a while back where there is new weapons like bombs flame throwers steroids and such?

If so have you got a link?

No, edge resistance soldiers are not part of the FIA Mod. Just search the headlines on ofp.info

I played it - it has great potential. You really get that 'behind enemy lines' feeling.

I found it tricky to get resources though - most of the time my men destroyed trucks before i could even say something, so not much we could've collected there.

A very good thing is that the spawning barracks are marked with white flags (although i would use russian ones) - it feels fair because these baracks can get nasty if your men have no rockets left to destroy it.

Collecting resources from dead spawn-soldiers is also hardly possible, because the SpawnMan2 makes them disappear after some seconds.

The rest of the mission feels pretty good - after all of my men where surprised by a tank force i was chased by 4 tanks to the nearest forest. They couldn't follow me into it, but i swear that although they must have lost my track, they still tried to get me for another 10 minutes before they made a retreat.

So - the lack of collectable resources and heal-possibilities are the biggest issues of this mission IMO. Healing would be possible with 1 or 2 medics in the players group and medic tents in russian occupied towns.

Resources could also be gained by a small 'search wreckage'-script. I had an idea like:

A destroyed vehicle fires up a script that adds a 'search-wreckage' action into the players menu, if he's near enough. Then a small crate with some ammo/weapons is created next to the vehicle, the player looses the action command and the script exits. A random crate content would be awesome - you can never be sure what you get that way.

When walking all the way back to the homebase i thought how great it would be to be able to call an emergency transport, that is waiting at the homebase all the time. Another AI - controlled truck, for example. A trigger that can be called multiple times makes the truck drive to the player's position, wait for , say, 30 seconds and returns to homebase. It can be risky, but it should be possible.

Anyway, lookin forward to the next version ( i hope there is one planned ?) smile_o.gif

Thanks for ur suggestions! some very good ideas you have there.

I will look into the Serch wrekage idea. Allso this is mainly for multiplayer so if all ur men are human player then they (hopefully) wont be stupid enough to blow the trucks up.

But i will deffitnely look into this.

And in the next version i will add medics and med tents maybe a few Russian Ammo stores that you can raid.

As for the call truck from home base idea I think i will allmost deffitnaly add this,sounds like a very handy option.

Thanks for your feed back smile_o.gif

Are there any difference when this mission is played in Single player? ( Save Game, Accel time)

Option to Accelerated time would be nice. Guerrarillas acts at night.

Intresting mission

I agree, accellerated time would be great. It adds not only another tactical element, it adds variation.

I have not had the opportunity to test it yet (I'm completely out of disk space until I get my four nice, shining 300 GB disks...), but from what I've heard it sounds great.

I have to ask one thing though. Is there respawning? Since one game could take a lot of time, it is quite annoying if you get killed by a lucky bullet after three minutes. On the other hand, I don't like unlimited respawns either, they make it a question of stubbornness, not skill. There should be some limit to the respawns, some cost attached to them.

Perhaps prisons/prisoner camps where you can earn respawns (for the team) by liberating prisoners? Maybe if you don't have any respawns left, you respawn, but the enemy gets something as well (perhaps a complete squad or three or a tank or helicopter)?

Maybe slow respawns, arriving by small boats? Perhaps capturing an airport could make respawns faster by allowing them to be airlifted in?

Just some ideas.

D.Murphy man,

You have a very interesting mission here smile_o.gif. It is also very fun to play biggrin_o.gif

Here is a couple of suggestions I hope would prove useful smile_o.gif:

- Make it you have to control every town or city in Malden. I think it would eventually get frustrating to track down that one enemy soldier who could be hiding anywhere in Malden.

- Make the enemy find your base smile_o.gif

- Add an option 'Quick return to base' to save Player time. To compensate for this, take away some time - 1 hour or so maybe. Transport the player immediately back to base, and take away 1 hour of time (or increase the number of enemy units spawned) etc.

- Reinforcements smile_o.gif. I made a mission that is kinda based on yours, but set in Nam. You could call for reinforcements, who would arrive and supplement your squad. That is, if you only had 4 soldiers remaining after a battle, and you call for reinforcements, 8 would arrive via helicopter to supplment your squad. biggrin_o.gif. In your case, you could get reinforcements for capturing a city, town or village.

- Capturing tanks smile_o.gif. Create several empty tanks in camps to provide an incentive for capturing them

- Fresh out of ideas

I hope this helps biggrin_o.gif

Reinforcements should fill up the players group at every town he freed from russian troops. Kinda : the ppl are thankful and therefore some of them grap their guns.

Incidentally, it's spelled "GUERILLA TACTICS". Sorry- I'm an English teacher and I can't help myself sometimes.