Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

When you see the flashes

You can lock your own post by pressing a button. Nice video, but I've seen it hundreds of times as being from the netherlands wink_o.gif

Talking bout flashes..

come here

biggrin_o.gif

holy sh.. ! just viewed the video...hope not too many people got killed sad_o.gif

what does the reporter say during the big booms slowmo ?

He said :

When BIS was recording special effects for their new OFP2, the explosion was bigger than they expected.

Coming in 2005.

Dude, honestly I feel sad if anybody died in that. But I gotta say... that must be the coolest way to die.

22 people died that day on may 13, 2000, 900 injuries, and an entire urban area was blown away.

The reporter says:

Quote[/b] ]You now see the images in slowmotion. You can see clearly what's the true power of the last explosion. The roofs are litterally blown away from the houses

Yeah I remember this incident. it was all over the news... sad_o.gif

I think nobody's gonna build a fireworks factory in an urban area again (at least not in a western country).

I dont think this is something you should be joking about smile_o.gif

i am not joking about it i am just asking if its about enschede so yes.... Remember those brave fire figters who died for the other people....

The fireworks, maybe? tounge_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

well the one say's: Some on puted on a chigaret in the part where the fire work has been stored....

And the other's: A crime....

I dont know who or what did it but i give more care about the people who lost there family/friends in there....

sad_o.gif

Yes, it was Enschede. The real cause hasn't been indicated, some investigations are still running.

There was a small fire at a firework storing facility. The compagny had placed the containers wrong so the fire was hard to extinguish, and it was easy to jump from one container to the next. About half an hour after the fire was detected, the explosions occured. That was by the time firefighters were present and a crowd gathered nearby trying to see what was going on.

They must have been storing more than just Fireworks there, most fireworks are low explocives and would not all go off in one large explosion like that. Was this facility also used to store munitions for the military?

nope no army stuff ( or else shame on you Jan poter balkenenden ) but there was some iligal fireworks that was imported and they havent sealed of the crates so when one fire started....Well the whole thing was doomend....But if they just closed the containers the damage was lower then it's now.

nope no army stuff ( or else shame on you Jan Peter Balkenende) but there was some illegal fireworks that where imported and they haven't sealed of the crates, so when one fire started....Well the whole thing was doomend....But if they just closed the containers the damage was lower then it's now.

Hmmm, didn't we still have Wim Kok back then?

Arch.

well talking about fireworks explosion,

taiwan just get themself one on 17th, as i saw it from the news it seems 10 times bigger then this one (reporters could only watch it from a KM away........), and as for mainland china, well, thats is a "always happen" wink_o.gif

Actually, I remember Dutch Ministry of defence did use that site for storage. not sure if it was ammo , and if so in what quantities.

No, there was no ammo there, it was a privately owned compagnie. They just had more then allowed, and probably some illegal imported stuff too.

As i understand it he survived. It was one of the biggest disasters ever, in the netherlands offcourse. Stupid thing is recently there was a story in the news that the local government was thinking about giving permission for a guy to store a few tons of fireworks in his garden shed in the middle of a residential area in the same town. Talk about not learning from past mistakes  rock.gif

The vid of firefighter camera (on the roof near the factory) in slowmotion, really shows the houses getting anihilated row by row by the blast, that really left an impression on me. As did the vid of the guy who was fairly close to the blast (ground level) and got thrown a few meters back further in the house (he was standing in a door opening)

The aftermath kinda reminded me of the aftermath scene from the EL AL 747 Bijlmer crash sad_o.gif

[edit] yes, as far as I know, the camera guy survived