Sign in to follow this  
gazmen

Uce/jam pack

Beautiful now I can get rid of those damn bugged ones. Is there still a heavy addon dependency in this version ie cannot load mission missing addon "groups". Or did you fix that? Getting an error from the Dled rar file, something wrong with the Res.pbo.

Please test by yourself, I just can say that I don't have this kind error on my PC.

I think download RAR error is there because the files is not full uploaded at this time, it would be finish in 10min.

Try again.

Interesting initiative, Gaz. One thing: for beta testing and peer review, un-binarized versions of the config.cpp:s would be most helpful. Also, is "uce_jam_est_pack.pbo" meant to be "uce_jam_east_pack.pbo"? wink_o.gif

Yea true but I speek french... Est means east. To tell the truth I forgot that is East in english crazy_o.gif

Yea true but I speek french... Est means east.

And I speak swedish but would still name my addons in english instead of, say, "uce_jam_öst_pack.bpo". tounge_o.gif Then, I'd add language-specific strings to the config via stringtable.cvs techniques.

Anyways, that leaves us with the question of the config.cpp:s unanswered.

Ok but why do you need the config.cpp ?

I can send you the config.cpp of UCE_JAM_WEAPONS_PACK, to optimise recoils or others thing...

But I don't understand what you wanna change ?

Some uce units caused an "missing addon 'groups'" error, that was caused by a faulty entry in the config - I think this thread about the UCE Middle East resistance has some more detailed information about this bug and what's causing it.

Uh, the pack now needs the GAZ pack (and the GAZ Pack needs a soldier called 'ak101...', who probably needs other addons...). Can you not (like the original UCE addons) make them to just need the Russian weapons pack (for the Winter units) and the UCE weapons (or rather the ones edited by you, and JAM of course)???

What do you use the other units for???

Strange...I don't have the GAZ pack and I don't get any missing addon message rock.gif

The pack works fine for me smile_o.gif

Well AK101 can be find in KEG_collection12.zip, you just need to put AK101 files... AK101 need no others addon, please, check if you have last version 0.86, Consiglieri you must update, because 0.86 is no anymore compatible with 0.85 mission, so update... The groups & Addons dependancy will be check in 0.87 release...

And the others units are created for pleasure.

Hello, all,

New beta is avaible...  

Mirror:

uce_jam_v1.02_beta_0.87_for_res_1.75.rar

Changes from New Version 1.02 BETA 0.87 (UCE/JAM) for RES 1.75:

- Added : New entry added in CPP: Class GROUP to avoid compatibility problem.

- Added : All needed PBO are included in the pack.

Joltan please test this pack on your server I hope it will works

Sorry guys I put a bugged files in 0.87,

So I put new version online...

Mirror:

UCE_JAM_V1.02_beta_0.88_for_res_1.75.rar

Changes from New Version 1.02 BETA 0.88 (UCE/JAM) for RES 1.75:

- Corrected : Error in UCE_JAM_RES_PACK\CONFIG.CPP.

- Added : New group & Squad - UCE/JAM Russian Infantry 2000 (AK-74M)

Joltan can you test this release ? Please ?

Some quick findings (more to follow, still trying to get a grip of the sheer amount of stuff in the addons). NB: I havent been able to download the 0.88 archive you link to, so I just took the configs you mailed and put them into the 0.86 addons.<ul>

[*]GAZ_pack and uce_jam_est_pack has "JAM_E762_10SAmag" in lots of places. That magazine doesn't exist, at least in my JAM2 addon. "JAM_E762_10SDmag", however, exists.

[*] Some officers use a "GAZ_ak104" that has an ammo type "KEGak104mag" that does not exist in either the ak101.pbo or any of the weapons in Kegetys Weapons pack 1.1. If there's a AK104 by Kegetys out there, please tell me.

Also, you might want to consider splitting the configs from all the models and textures into two separate configs, at least for the east pack. That way, we won't need to download a 21+ MB file every time you make small hasty changes and present it to us for the actual testing. Take a look at how BAS did with their OPFOR pack, for example - its split into "bas_opfor.pbo", a huge 50+ MB file with models and graphics and "bas_opcpp.pbo" a tiny 177 kB file with basically just the config.cpp in it.

On to the "Groups issue": take a look at the thread joltan posted. In it I describe how I fixed uce_kuffiya in that and other (dependency) regards. Also note how its not possible to both make a correct addon and fix the fact that missions made with the old broken addon have a rogue "groups" added to their mission.sqm:s.

On to the "Groups issue": take a look at the thread joltan posted. In it I describe how I fixed uce_kuffiya in that and  other (dependency) regards. Also note how its not possible to both make a correct addon and fix the fact that missions made with the old broken addon have a rogue "groups" added to their mission.sqm:s.

I have a hunch that Gazmen's adding GROUPS to the CPP will only revive this problem.

Hello,

Killswitch you can try download the files (perhaps I was uploading it)... it will works.

Yea after 0.88 I will split the files. Good Idea

But for the class Groups ? What do you suggest ? Remove the line ? I have put this line on this release to allow compatibilty ? If I remove it, the pack will works or not ?

For the JAM_E762_10SAMag, it would be avaible on JAM3. I write to them to create this ammo for SVU (Single, Auto).

I don't understand the story of JAM_E762_10SDMag, you want to put them has magazines on a non SD weapons ?

So what do you suggest ? To remove Class Groups ? wink_o.gif

I suggestion PM'ing Joltan offline, asking him to explain the GROUPS problem (did you read through this relevant thread? ) and assist you in removing the problem from any of UCE's addons.

The problem his I'm a frenchmen, and I don't understand every words...

But I will read this threads.

Remove class group is not a problem for me, but I thinked that the old MPmission will not works without it. But you right is better stop this kind of error.

Killswitch you can try download the files (perhaps I was uploading it)... it will works.

Yea after 0.88 I will split the files. Good Idea

Sweet!

Quote[/b] ]

But for the class Groups ? What do you suggest ? Remove the line ? I have put this line on this release to allow compatibilty ? If I remove it, the pack will works or not ?

It may hurt the many old missions, but for the future, I feel that making correct addons is better. (So yes, remove it)

Quote[/b] ]

For the JAM_E762_10SAMag, it would be avaible on JAM3. I write to them to create this ammo for SVU (Single, Auto).

I don't understand the story of JAM_E762_10SDMag, you want to put them has magazines on a non SD weapons ?

I just mentioned the SD mags as something that was available and I thought you had made a typo. Ok, if the 10SAmag will be available in JAM3, what are people going to do in the mean time if they want to use your addon?

*EDIT: yeah, what Evis says right here below... don't count on it.

Dont count on there being a JAM3 anytime soon, also, just because you've messaged us about it doesnt mean its definately going to be in.

Remove class group is not a problem for me, but I thinked that the old MPmission will not works without it.

That would only be because originally the mission editor automatically inserted "GROUPS" into the MISSION.SQM file's AddOns declarations.

Once the addons are corrected, the very easy solution would be to manually removed the "GROUPS" declarations from such missions and rePBO the mission files.

Hello Eviscerator, I just hope that It will be in JAM3 I know that it's not a order  biggrin_o.gif

You said in you JAM webpage, that when a mag is forgoten, to write you to let you know that.

Very needed:

- JAM_E762_10SAmag (SVU)

- JAM_E762_30SBASDmag & JAM_E762_30SBASDHDmag (AK-100 Serie)

- JAM_E545_30SBASDmag & JAM_E545_30SBASDHDmag (AK-100 Serie)

Yes, Avon's Lady you right somehone must update mission to remove this bug.

New Version 0.88 with "class group" removed fully uploaded.

Files splitted to avoid mutliple same download...

Ok, more stuff:

All of them

They ought to have requiredVersion=1.85 instead of 1.75 since requiredAddons was introduced in OFP version 1.85.

GAZ_pack

The three weapons GAZ_ak103Base, GAZ_ak103gl and GAZ_ak104Base have a magazine "KEGak104mag" that isn't defined in any of the addons this pack depends on. (There exists a LSR_ak104mag, but that's beside the point)

uce_jam_weapons_pack

Some weapons only take JAM mags whereas others can take both JAM magazines and normal BIS magazines. As an example, compare uce_ak74gl with uce_ak74mgl.

Also, the GL-equipped weapons only take JAM rifle grenades, not the standard BIS ones.

uce_jam_est_pack and uce_jam_res_pack

They need to have this requiredAddons to be complete:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

requiredAddons[] = {BIS_Resistance, JAM_Magazines, UCE_JAM_weapons_pack, GAZ_PACK, ak101soldier, KEGak103, KEGak107, KEGrpg7, KEGrpk47, KEGrpk74, LSR_rfwp };

This is because GAZ_pack depends on all those weapons addons, so since the est and res packs depend on gaz_pack, they too need to specify them.

File sizes revisited

Ok, I see you have split the download into separate archives for the addons. Thats also a good idea but not really what I meant by the earlier post. This is what I meant, taking the east pack as an example:

1 - make an addon, perhaps called just "uce_jam_est.pbo" and move the config.cpp into it.

2 - this config will still reference models and textures from "\uce_jam_est_pack\blah\bluh..." and so on

3 - whenever you update the config, we only need to download the very small "uce_jam_est.pbo" instead of a 10+ MB archive

4 - do the same for the res pack or any other huge addon.

In fact, I just tried this and the resulting "uce_jam_est.pbo" is 112 kB in size (compressed config.cpp). That is a lot smaller than the near 27 MB big uce_jam_est_pack.pbo

biggrin_o.gif

And again, I strongly suggest you include the config.cpp in the addons so that others can take a look at it and comment on it. This way, testing will be much faster. (You can have both a .bin and a .cpp in an addon and I believe OFP will still load the optimized config.bin if it can)

Cheers!

Ok Killswitch thanks for information. Try to send me the corrected CPP. And I will do what you suggest...

Changes from New Version 1.02 BETA 0.89 (UCE/JAM) for RES 1.75:

- Thanks to Killswitch for his help.

- Corrected : Addon dependancy & required version.

- Corrected : East & Resistance P3D/PAC & CPP split to avoid multiple big download.

- The SVU will not fonction because it need a futur JAM AMMO : JAM_E762_10SAmag.

Go to first page for mirror.

unclesam.gif