Sign in to follow this  
SpaceAlex

Cwc islands with resistance objects

I've replaced all low-res trees on Everon and Kolgujev with the high-res ones. There were some trouble with Malden though. The thing is that resistance objects don't look good on Malden, so i could only replace a few trees.

How to install?

There are two ways:

1.) Extract HRAbel.pbo, HREden.pbo and HRCain.pbo and HrCwcIslands folder into ...\Operation Flashpoint\Res\Addons folder. If you want to play CWC missions on the new

islands you will have to rename missions from ..eden.pbo to HREden.pbo. If you want to play the campaign you'll have to depbo 1985.pbo and add HR next to each mission. So it should look like this: ........HREden. It looks like a lot of work, but if you look at the bright side, you don't have to replace any files, so you can play MP without any problems.

2.) If you would rather replace the original islands, and play all cwc missions and the campaign  without renaming anything, extract abel.wrp, eden.wrp and cain.wrp into ....\Operation Flashpoint\Worlds folder. You will still need the original islands for Multiplayer, so make a backup.

I suggest that you use this addon together with FatWombat's high resolution ground textured OFP Islands. You can find more information about the addon here.

Download from OFP Base

Download from OFP AT

Download from @WAR

Download from OFP Info

Screenshots:

cwc-hi-res01.jpg

cwc-hi-res02.jpg

cwc-hi-res03.jpg

cwc-hi-res04.jpg

cwc-hi-res05.jpg

cwc-hi-res06.jpg

e1.jpg

HiResIsl1L.jpg

HiResIsl4L.jpg

agh...ive exceeded my dload limit for this month! luckily its only 23 hours until i get my whoping monthly 2GB dloads again...har har, ive allready configured DAP to auto dload these , txs Alex excellent work

Fantastic work.

All the island look so much better with the res objects.

Thanks!

Is it me or the malden included in the pack is exactly the same as the old one? sad_o.gif

Everon new, Kolgujev new, Malden is old one! sad_o.gif

I don't think he could have changed Malden's foliage much and still have retained the old look.

Is it me or the malden included in the pack is exactly the same as the old one?  sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]There were some trouble with Malden though. The thing is that resistance objects don't look good on Malden, so i could only replace a few trees.

Is it me or the malden included in the pack is exactly the same as the old one?  sad_o.gif

It's not exacly the same. I've replaced some trees with better looking ones (Not with Res trees). That's the best thing i could do.

You don't wanna see Malden with Res trees. Malden ground textures just don't fit next to them. sad_o.gif

Excellent work SpaceAlex! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

@ Nov. 02 2003,04:48)]id just restarted CWC campaign too, good timeing  smile_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Let us know if you encounter problems or noticeable differences when playing the 1985 campaign on the new islands.

Let us know if you encounter problems or noticeable differences when playing the 1985 campaign on the new islands.

Yeah cause is it me or have you added some more trees to the islands Alex? There just seems to be more (which is a good thing for me at least cause it looks better), i was just thinking though that when a chopper is trying to land it might have difficulties if theres a bloody great tree sticking in the air.

Or maybe my eyes are just diseaving me and in fact there are the same amount of trees there as before.

Yeah cause is it me or have you added some more trees to the islands Alex? There just seems to be more (which is a good thing for me at least cause it looks better), i was just thinking though that when a chopper is trying to land it might have difficulties if theres a bloody great tree sticking in the air.

Or maybe my eyes are just diseaving me and in fact there are the same amount of trees there as before.

There are a few more trees on Everon (Not on Kolgujev and Malden), but i would't worry too much about them. All the villages and bases have the same amount of trees as they had before. All three islands are optimised for original campaign and single player missions.

Are you using some kind of ground textures on these islands that are not in the pack? I can't seem to get my Islands to show the ground textures that you have in your screenshots...

Read his first post..He is using Fat Wombat ground textures..

There`s a link in the first page...Oh and good job...It`s really a new experience replaying the CWC campaign now...

Ok, now that is fixed but now I have a new problem. When I play on Malden I CTD and it says:

Quote[/b] ]Cannot load world'worlds\abel.wrp

All the other islands work. crazy_o.gif

Ok, now that is fixed but now I have a new problem. When I play on Malden I CTD and it says:
Quote[/b] ]Cannot load world'worlds\abel.wrp

All the other islands work. crazy_o.gif

The file could be corrupted, or it's not in the Worlds folder. Try downlading it again.

It would be nice if you could type in your system configuration. You need at least an average system to be able to play on the high-res islands. Also make sure that your terrain detail is not set too high if you have an old machine.

I love the new resistance textures on the old islands! I'm glad that finally someone did this. In fact I still can't understand why BIS didn't just release the upgraded versions of the old islands with the resistance expansion. I did find one minor issue though... I noticed that there are a few trees that are too close to the edge of the runway at the Everon Airfield. This makes takeoffs and landings kinda scary in larger or faster aircraft.

Another minor problem I thought of... I along with many others simply replaced the original Everon, Kulgujev, and Malden with the updated islands. Although some of you have reported that they work fine when playing multiplayer, I got to thinking. What would stop someone from removing all the foliage from the original islands, and texturing them white. This would be an online cheat of course. You would not be able to hide from said player online, because your camo would not blend in with his white textures, and if you hide in a bush, there would be no bush on his monitor; you would simply be sitting out in the open waiting to be shot. Are you sure BIS hasn't though about this already, and made altering or replacing the official islands activate fade?

Quote[/b] ]I did find one minor issue though... I noticed that there are a few trees that are too close to the edge of the runway at the Everon Airfield. This makes takeoffs and landings kinda scary in larger or faster aircraft.

I'm guessing you don't have enough space when lading or taking off. Maybe i'll remove a couple of them if others are having trouble too, because i don't.

Quote[/b] ]Another minor problem I thought of... I along with many others simply replaced the original Everon, Kulgujev, and Malden with the updated islands. Although some of you have reported that they work fine when playing multiplayer, I got to thinking. What would stop someone from removing all the foliage from the original islands, and texturing them white. This would be an online cheat of course. You would not be able to hide from said player online, because your camo would not blend in with his white textures, and if you hide in a bush, there would be no bush on his monitor; you would simply be sitting out in the open waiting to be shot. Are you sure BIS hasn't though about this already, and made altering or replacing the official islands activate fade?

These islands should not be used in MP. They're ONLY for single player.