Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Smaw?

Hiya guys

Maybe a year or more ago, someone out there made a SMAW (shoulder mounted assault weapon) addon. I'm 99% sure that, at one point, I had this addon and that it provided a gunner and an ammo bearer who would automatically reload the SMAW when fired.

I've searched the forums, OFP.info, Flashpoint.org, Google, you name it, but I can't find this anywhere. Does anyone else remember this addon? Does anyone know where I can get it?

Ok, some more info: It was made by "STEELE" (OFPEC tag: STL). He also did some work with the ADF mod, apparently, and further searches using this info has produced other addons of his, but not the SMAW. I found what looks to be the files at an Italian OFP site, but for some reason I can't register there to download the pack. This is the site: Multiplayer.it The SMAW apparently came in a pack with a TOW, Dragon, SAW and AT4.

He also had a now defunct website called Steele's OFP Armory

Edit 2: I finally got the addon by Steele. It's not the right one. The SMAW I'm looking for had a 2-man team. rock.gif

Didn't Taiwan Workshop make a Smaw? I know they were making one at one stage. Not sure if it is the same one your looking for tho Hellfish6.

Edit: they were def. making one, don't know if it was released. It would have been included in the ROC v2.0 if it was released.

Yeah, I saw the Taiwan Workshop one, but AFAIK it was never released. I have to ROC Mod too, and I don't remember seeing it in there.

What is a SNORE?

Er sorry, Smaw.

What is a Smaw?

Pictures? Is it a real gun?

Er nevermind, just found pics by a Google search.

Looks awesome, I hope you find it and give us a link! biggrin_o.gif

Out of curiosity Hellfish do you remember how it worked? Was it a static peice of armor?

No, it was man portable. The gunner carried the SMAW, the assistant carried like 2 or 3 extra rounds.

you mean someting like the malvinas mod made?

malv_m65.jpg

they made this weapon whitch you carry like a rifle and their is ad other guy with extra rockets

I thought I knew about most addons but I don't remember ever seeing a SMAW in OFP. Did it have it's own model (i.e. didn't just use the Carl Gustav launcher or something like that)? I hope it can be found as I'd really like to add it to my collection.

And that reminds me: WE NEED MORE INFANTRY AT WEAPONS IN OFP! crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

Yeah they've made a nice looking Javelin as well. As always with mods though, who knows when we'll actually see them in game. rock.gif

I know about Code Blue's addons - they haven't been released yet.

The Malvinas mod is based on a similar concept it seems, but I remember that the weapon was definately a SMAW (I remember taking out BMPs with it) and not that bazooka. Also, the SMAW came out long before the Malvinas mod's beta demo.

Man... I must be smoking crack or something. I can't believe I'm dreaming this addon up... crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]§3)No discussion about crack

This includes request for crack, links to crack or sites that host crack[...]

blues.gifwink_o.giftounge_o.gif

I vaguely remember a SMAW, but I think it was just a retextured Gustav or AT4, and I don't remember a loader. I think I got it at the OFPEC, but that was before the "re-organized".

Maybe you are thinking of the old Australian infantry soldiers, they came with a AT Man and Loader, and the loader AI would go and reload the AT AI after every shot. its a pity the ADF Mod hasnt followed this up...

I remember Kegetys made a SMAW like weapon about 2 years ago, I think it might have been around the time STT released Desert Malden.

Maybe you are thinking of the old Australian infantry soldiers, they came with a AT Man and Loader, and the loader AI would go and reload the AT AI after every shot. its a pity the ADF Mod hasnt followed this up...

Hmm... that's possible. I remember that I had some Australian addons in the pre-Resistance days... I'll check it out. Good call.

Edit: Bingo. I think we found it, though it's a Carl Gustav not a SMAW. Still, this might prove very useful. Thanks everyone!

There were a little debate about SMAW on Tales of War forum. Maybe they will release it with their Marines.

Edit: Bingo. I think we found it, though it's a Carl Gustav not a SMAW. Still, this might prove very useful. Thanks everyone!

Ah that would explain the STEELE link.

It is an interesting concept... hopefully some others mods will introduce this with new units.

I would love to see a SMAW in OFP (used to be one of my favourite weapons in Twilight 200)

smaw-dvic565.jpg

smaw.jpg

...with both kinds of ammo...oh baby! smile_o.gif

The Marines still use them and there has been talk about the Army getting some. There are six SMAWs in the weapons platoon of every rifle company (along with 6 M240G machineguns and 6 Javelins). I think Taiwan also uses them.