Sign in to follow this  
dinger

Coc unified artillery 1.0 released

For Immediate Release.

image001.jpg

The Chain Of Command, in conjunction with SEB, Ballistic Addon Studios, Decisive Killing Machines and Project: UK Forces announces the release of Battle Kings: The Chain Of Command Unified Artillery 1.0.

The Chain Of Command Unified Artillery (UA) combines models from many of the top Operation Flashpoint addon studios with a single command and control system to deliver to the OFP world the first true, fully functioning artillery system.

CoC UA main page

CoC Main Download Site offline (we've blown our bandwidth!)

Mirrors (more to come. If you would like to mirror, contact us):

Blackdog's Mirror (help test his bandwidth!)

http://www.ofpec.com/addons/addon_detail.php?ID=440

http://flashpoint.nekromantix.com/downloads/CoC_Arty_100.zip

http://www.ofp.info

In conjunction with the release of UA, PMC has released a new version of their 30-mission CoC Command Engine campaign, fully integrating the Unified Artillery addon:

http://flashpoint.nekromantix.com/downloa.....r5.rar

UA Features:

[*] Persisting shells and rockets that fly ballistically to their target, up to 32 kilometers away (and, should the need arise, even farther).

[*] Painstakingly detailed fire and recoil effects.

[*] Neural network based targeting system for low overhead and high accuracy.

[*] A single, unified command and control system.

[*] Streamlined Mission Editor deployment: just place the objects on the map and go. No scripting required.

[*] Built in Functions for one-line scripted operation of artillery.

[*] Laser Designator/Rangefinder support.

[*] 10 missions included.

[*] Can support user-made dialogs.

[*] Dynamic structure enables additional modules (CoC and third-party) to "plug in" to the UA core features and interface: no need to update the .pbo to add new units!

[*] Required Monolith object graces the landscape of OFP.

[*] Multiplayer compatibility for all features.

Vehicles in CoC_Arty:

SEB M252 Mortar

BAS M101 Towed Howitzer

DKM M109 Paladin (SP Howitzer)

UKF M270 MLRS

Other objects/units:

CoC_Radio

CoC_Obelisk

CoC_ForwardObserverW

CoC_ForwardObserverE

Quote[/b] ]

* Readme COC_UnifiedArtillery          *

This is the Chain of Command Unified Artillery v. 1.0 (Battle Kings).

After installing files, users should play the mission "UA Introduction", as this explains a lot about how UA works, and includes a voice-over tutorial.

UA Introduction (CoC_uaintro) also has an intro cutscene. Proper preparation is necessary. Before viewing the cutscene, ensure that the volume is set as loud as possible and any pants the user might have been wearing are removed and secured.

CoC_Uatut3 has a tutorial on adjusting fire.

stuff in Addons Directory (CoC_Arty.pbo) goes into your ofp/addons directory.

stuff in Missions Directory (ChainOfCommand Folder) goes into your ofp/Missions directory.

CoC_UAIntro.pbo is strictly single-player.

The others work as MP-coop as well:

CoC_UATut1.pbo (3 players)

CoC_UATut2.pbo (4 players)

CoC_UATut3.pbo (3 players)

CoC_UATut4.pbo (4 players)

CoC_UATut5.pbo (4 players)

CoC_UATut6.pbo (6 players)

stuff in MPMissions Directory (co@07 rainy season.BAS_I1.pbo, co@07 shortstraight.seb_iatrang ctf@24 ua.pbo) goes into your ofp/MPMissions directory. Rainy Season requires BAS Tonal-Tango pack and BAS Ranger/Deltas. ShortStraight requires SEB NamPack2.

editorMission folder (UATemplate) goes into the ofp/users/username/missions directory.

There will be an update to v. 1.0.

Currently, we plan to include:

A) at least one updated skin.

B) different munition effects (VT and Time fuzes, ICM, DPICM, Smoke, Illum)

C) a transaction-based dialog system.

D) any bug fixes.

speaking of which, please report any bugs to me or on the CoC Forums (forums.thechainofcommand.com)

some known bugs:

A) On some very big missions (such as CoC_UATut6), after a certain amount of time, a Crash-To-Desktop will occur on Retry, or (in MP) on reloading the Briefing screen (#Restart). BIS has already been contacted about this one.

B) In multiplayer on a dedicated server, between rounds, the firing units elevate their barrels to 90 degrees. This does not effect the firing of the rounds; it just looks weird.

-dinger (dinger@thechainofcommand.com)

Websites:

The Chain Of Command

http://www.thechainofcommand.com/

UKF:

http://www.project-ukf.com/

DKM:

http://www.dkm-mod.mkdi.net/

BAS:

http://www.ballistic-studios.com

biggrin_o.gif

You guys rock!!! I've been waiting for this UA system for a long time and here it is!!

But, as life would have it, my computer is back home in NYC. sad_o.gif

So, I hope to get it shipped sooon!! After such a long wait I want to play with this wonderful toy.

Could any one post some screens? Please, so I could salivate a bit more! biggrin_o.gif 3

Regards,

RedLion

OH MY GOD i cant wait to testing it

HOOAH CoC!!!!

(i wonder why i still keep using this out of AAO rock.gif )

Say ... hello ... to ... me ... B00Mstick!

Sweet glory be, call in the big guns. This just makes my day.

Hehe, that Monolith is an interesting object. Light it and then freaky music comes on ;)

By the way, my server, 64.246.44.68:2302 has the CoC maps on it.

Hehe, that Monolith is an interesting object. Light it and then freaky music comes on ;)

By the way, my server, 64.246.44.68:2302 has the CoC maps on it.

But you restarted it cause you uploaded the wrong addon.... tounge_o.gif

I get an error at the start of every mission:

"Sound CoC_Obhum not found"

Also is it possible to move the m101 when you break it down? It seems like they automatically set back up a few secs after i order them to break down.

Other than that, simply stunning smile_o.gif

Sound CoC_ObHum not found: In beta testing, for some reason some people got this error.

what I think it means is that OFP is running out of memory space, and thus is not mapping the whole addon. Try moving some addons out, or using the -mod folder option to manage addons.

Let me know if this works.

Mission start, incidentally works this way: after unit initialization, the Obelisk starts up (making that whirring noise) and initializes the clients (which then splashes the logo and text). Then the obelisk settles in and makes a pleasant humming noise (coc_obhum) to let the user know that CoC_Arty is working.

m101 break down/set up.  Right now, these commands put the M101s into and out of a "transportable state", but there is no visible effect.  With scripting, however, it can be used for transporting howitzers.

Wow, it's all that and so much more. Especially the M109 and M270.

That intro video is hilarious, maybe slightly overkill on the number of rounds that hit the Russians smile_o.gif they were being battered around like ping pong balls by all the munitions hitting them tounge_o.gif

One thing I did notice when using the mortar was an issue with the green dots indicating where a round was. On the last of 4 salvos the final shots 'green dot' was spinning anti clockwise in an eggshaped fashion on the map over the water 1- 2 grid references behind the rest of that rounds from that salvo, once the dot reached land it tracked fine.

Off I go to help the Tonal government shell those damm rebels hold up in the Zinaba region with a M109 smile_o.gif

Haven't heard from CoC in ahile, and now that we have its for another great release. Going to go check this out.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, when playing the Tequlia sunrise mission, after the camera follows the mortar to the beach i have a massive memory leak which freezes OFP, i go to memory usuage of 1.265 GB from a system idol of about 260mb and basic flashpoint usuage of 645mb when this happens??

Great Work CoC!!

@thirtyg: i played the Tequlia Sunrise. Didn't CTD, but indeed a lot of LAG.

PS: i just check out the M270 MLRS in the editor and i don't see rocket launch (can hear launchsound). Just me or normal. In the TutorialMission it worked. sad_o.gif Strange. Oh and the DKM M109 Paladin doesn't have any fuel at start (?)

Anyway, i think i will have fun with this. Thanks CoC.

Firing issues:

Unless you do some serious hotwiring, the M270 MLRS gunner fires the MLRS by loading in targets into a firing computer. So it is not a "point-and-shoot" weapon. The design decision was made rather than to fire the rocket out into space, never to be heard from again, simply to "bury it". That's why the launch sound and no launch.

The M109 is missing the fuel because it is stabilized in "firing mode". Set behaviour to safe, turn out, and in under a minute you'll be under way.

30g: dang that is bad. This is the first I've heard of something like that. Do keep us posted.

PS: i just check out the M270 MLRS in the editor and i don't see rocket launch (can hear launchsound). Just me or normal. In the TutorialMission it worked.  sad_o.gif  Strange. Oh and the DKM M109 Paladin doesn't have any fuel at start (?)

Anyway, i think i will have fun with this. Thanks CoC.

Quote[/b] ]but a bug: inside the UKF 270 its white

I see that somebody hasn't been reading the documentation  wink_o.gif

The UA system consists of three parts:

1) UA engine (AI) - the obelisk/monolith

2) UA plugins (AI) - the actual units

3) UA clients ( player(s) ) - the forward observer or unit with radio.

The units are AI controlled - there is very little point in getting into them as player. While you can use the paladin, the howitzers and the mortars directly, there is really very little point, unless you want to do the ballistic calculations by hand. The MLRS is not at all intended for direct player use.

So to use the system you:

1) Put the CoC Obelisk on the map

2) Put some arty units

3) Put a playable unit (Forward Observer, unit with radio or unit with a script call to UA)

Apart from that you have under Game Logic->CoC UA a number of objects that you can put that configure the UA engine. For instance if you don't want MP support for your mission, add the "Optimize for Single player" object.

I got it as soon as it was released, nice work guys. I really like the MLRS. Makes you proud to be British eh? ;)