Sign in to follow this  
FallenPaladin

Military photographs

Yes, it`s our training area between Hannover and Langenhagen. Civilians are permitted to pass there if they obey our rules. But some idiots painted graffiti on those poor tank wrecks.  sad_o.gif

Uhh, I think some of my friends used it for their graffitis! My house is 100 metres away of the training ground.

LOL Fallen's gonna get you! tounge_o.gif

You already hear the Feldjäger knocking at your door? biggrin_o.gif

j/k

Hehe, the world is soooo small... Better run, Rap!  tounge_o.gif   tounge_o.gif

"I will make one limitation, though - you or someone you know must have taken any pictures displayed in here. Nothing from militaryphotos.net or any other website or magazine. All photos must be original."  - Quote from Hellfish6

That`s what I meant this thread to be. I`ll come up with new pics after my next duty shift.  smile_o.gif

I`ve already posted those photos somewhere else here on the forums (military stupidity) but now they`ve found themselves a nice, cozy place.

9fcac5b07425df0e9186fd0303b257f6.jpg

I`m not angry on this photo!

dc1a2b79364de00f3c072169c1a23947.jpg

A column consiting of 22 Leos. Here are a few of them.

df6856281eddec6e6283877f0cb24d22.jpg

Here are the Leos of the same column driving through a small village.

I didn't know leos were road legal. I thought their weight would smash the road. How much do one of those weigh again?

The fighting weight is around 55 tons. The Leos are using special rubber protectors to avoid damage to the road below. Unfortunately I`m not very used to tanks and their technology. I`m only member of the military police. wink_o.gif

Heres one from our deployment to Kyrgyzstan last year. Refuelling Marine F/A-18D's over Afghanistan.

707.jpg

Why do the Leopards drive with the turret turned backwards?

To avoid the barrel sticking too much outside the tank and the possibility of hitting something/someone?

To look less threatening to the public?

A locking mechanism at the rear for the barrel so it does'nt sway or something when driving?

I think it's common in many countries that tanks turn their turrets backwards when moving on public roads in times of peace. And the lenghth of the tank is reduced, so that they don't need so much space and don't break traffic signs when they turn. biggrin_o.gif

Why do the Leopards drive with the turret turned backwards?

To avoid the barrel sticking too much outside the tank and the possibility of hitting something/someone?

To look less threatening to the public?

A locking mechanism at the rear for the barrel so it does'nt sway or something when driving?

Well I know if its a road march, the last tank always(or sometimes) has the turret facing the rear, to protect the rear flank(What my dad tells me.He was a M1 Abrams(105mm) tanker back in the 1979-1983)He didn't get into to much detail, as he was in hurry to go some where.But it makes sense.

In war you always guard the back if you`re the last in a column. No matter if you are infantry or in a tank.

For our Leos driving all barrel-backwards it`s mainly because of safety reasons. At least I guess so, because we have some nice narrow roads around here.  smile_o.gif

Shit... now they know I`m the one responsible for tort... ehmm... crazy_o.gif

/me runs

No, seriously, it means "Im Feldjaeger Dienst" which is "In Feldjaeger duty" in english.

Heres some pics my uncle took during his time in GWI.

GW 1 Pics

Gulf%20-%20Blackhawk.jpg

Blackhawk

Gulf%20-%20Firefight.jpg

Firefight for the Kuwaiti Embassy.

Gulf-LAV.jpg

LAV

Gulf-T-72.jpg

National Guard Pics (early 80's)

NG-LittleBird.jpg

OH-6 type helicopter, my uncle is on the left with the M203.

NG-Towjeep.jpg

Jeep with TOW-1

Gulf-T-72.jpg

I was gonna ask if that was an Iraqi T-72, but the filename: http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http....ttp confirmed that for me.

Nice pics, I'll see if I can borrow some shots off my grandfather, who was an aerial photographer in WW2. He had tonnes of gun film shots as well when he flew P-40 warhawks attacking ground targets, but if he declines, I'll certainly respect his decision without question.