Sign in to follow this  
edc

China launches manned space mission

I hope the Chinese continue to explore space. It seems like everyone else has forgotten about it. sad_o.gif

I hope the Chinese continue to explore space. It seems like everyone else has forgotten about it.  sad_o.gif

I don't know. I have thoughts of pirated satellites. crazy_o.gif

Ooooooooh noooooooooo!!!!  crazy_o.gif

This`ll be a new reason for Dubya`s StarWars program.  wow_o.gif

tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Or at least a pre emptive strike on the moon.

Ooooooooh noooooooooo!!!! crazy_o.gif

This`ll be a new reason for Dubya`s StarWars program. wow_o.gif

tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

StarWars program? Too old, didn't they start the construction of a deathstar to wipe out the axis of evil?

biggrin_o.gif

Well, let's wait for the first taikonaut flying a red flag in mare tranquillitatis. tounge_o.gif

Heh, while everyone is beating the crap out of each other any way possible, the Chinese send their first man into space.

I don't want to make this political, but I am amazed at how generally China keeps to their own business and doesnt cause that much trouble, especially for it's "size". I fugure that kind of helps with progress as opposed to going to the stone age.

Maybe, but you can't hide from the world and doing business with it.  Despite it's moderate tone about its economic policy and such, explain those PRC Naval excercises about 200 miles away from the coast of Tawain that happened about 1 year ago.  There is still a very "Cold War" type situation that still involves China and Tawain.  Although I'm sure if there was to be a major war in eastern Asia now, it would most likely be because of North Korea.

Nations that are ruled by a very select few holding the power tend to get very ambitious when global accountability is not held against countries with such a large country and their capabilities.  The same applies to other countries as well, but with fewer in power of a country and lack of a true public representation makes the task of controlling government actions very difficult and makes a country more prone to violent revolution and terroritial wars.

Anyways, I ask why didn't they send a Panda bear up there first before some human?   biggrin_o.gif  

I guess it was cheaper to use a person to test their spacecraft than an animal...   crazy_o.gif

I have no desire to "verbally bash" any country, I talk about subjects like this as an observer, not someone motivated by political thinking.  I talk about problems and how they affect me and the world, because these problems can possibly present certain situations that hopefully won't happen in the future.

Criticism of a country's method of govenment is different than verbally bashing a nation.  Verbally bashing a nation is the igorant hatred of a country and its "Citizen's" beliefs because the person believing that hatred isn't properly informed.

My criticism of China was backed by facts and historical evidence, not BS.  Communism didn't even originate from China, nor was it a native belief or value in China, it was imposed by a radical movement that appeared to be better than the corrupt democractic/authoritarian govt of China by Chang Kai-Shek. (Excuse the poor spelling...)

I retire my case....

Later,

Havoc.

china is still sucked with a bunch of bastard that is deeply poisoned by the power (or is some case, money) gain by their post,  even in the last decad things have changed, but is is too slow that it is hard to being notice

many of my friends agreed that it need to be change, or china would never go forward, and love your country doesnt mean to love the party too, right?

china is still sucked with a bunch of bastard that is deeply poisoned by the power (or is some case, money) gain by their post, even in the last decad things have changed, but is is too slow that it is hard to being notice

many of my friends agreed that it need to be change, or china would never go forward, and love your country doesnt mean to love the party too, right?

Heh, try telling the party that crazy_o.gif

china is still sucked with a bunch of bastard that is deeply poisoned by the power (or is some case, money) gain by their post,  even in the last decad things have changed, but is is too slow that it is hard to being notice

it is no problems for me cause i am living in Hong Kong tounge_o.gif

edit:well not compeletly out of problems, but the only problem is............are those Fu*kers goin to listen? rock.gif

edit:well not compeletly out of problems, but the only problem is............are those Fu*kers goin to listen? rock.gif

I would be careful what you write, mate. You may have rights on paper, but that has never stopped the commies.

I wouldn't be surprised if some agent was installed at every single ISP,checking web traffic :/

I would be careful what you write, mate. You may have rights on paper, but that has never stopped the commies.

I wouldn't be surprised if some agent was installed at every single ISP,checking web traffic :/

then half of people in hong knog and 1/5 of the teenagers in china would needed to be careful biggrin_o.gif

(china is one of the place with a highest growth of internet on the world)

edit:not to mention the 400,000 people who joined the walk in 1st July this year

Dont be careful, speak your mind, break or change

laws you dont agree with and encourage others to do the same. When you strip Maos cultural revolution of its extreme leftism then those revolutionary ideas still seem quite valid for changing China positively.

Anyway it was an historic day. Clearly the rulers of China

see it as the next superpower and are slowly but surely trying to increase Chinas status on the world stage (whilst importantly maintaining stability). Personally im not very

bothered by the 'red threat' from China (which has always struck me as quite an inward looking country), Taiwan is an issue but i think it will be a long while until China feels strong enough to confidently throw its weight around (US style) and by then the face of Chinese society may have changed greatly anyway.

Well done to China  smile_o.gif

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/space/10/17/china.wall.reut/index.html

Quote[/b] ]BEIJING, China (Reuters) -- China's first man in space said the Earth looked beautiful from his orbiting capsule but he couldn't find the Great Wall.

Yang Liwei returned from space a hero on Thursday, completing an historic odyssey and fueling the country's more ambitious dreams of a space station and space walk.

Popular myth has it that the serpentine Great Wall of China, begun more than 2,000 years ago to keep out marauding nomads, is the only man-made object visible from space.

"I did not see the Great Wall from space," Yang told state television late on Thursday.

However, he said the Earth looked "very beautiful."

Its a myth that the wall is visible from space. Without magnification, the only thing you can see from space is large conurbations and lights. With magnification, you can see pretty much everything/ anything.

Actually, it's very wierd that this should come up. I'm reading National Geographic's "Journey Into China" and coincidentally I just read the part about the Great Wall as seen from space.

Quote[/b] ]Page 92 of hardcover 1982 edition:

The legend began long before the days of space travel, perhaps evolving from the myth that Qin Shi Huangdi rose up to the moon in a dream and, seeing how tiny his domain looked from afar, decided to build a wall around a larger area to encourage his kingdom to grow. Space travel finally settled the question. The LandSat satellite's pictures, taken from 600 miles up, require magnification and scrutiny to see the Wall. But the old tale persists, and is solemnly reported.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/space/11/29/china.moon.ap/index.html

Quote[/b] ]BEIJING (AP) -- China plans to land a human on the moon by 2020, the country's chief space official said in comments broadcast by state television.

"By 2020, we will achieve visiting the moon," said Luan Enjie, director of the National Aerospace Bureau. Luan used a verb that specifically describes a human act.

Luan said that would follow the launch of a probe to orbit the moon by 2007 and an unmanned lunar landing by 2010.

China's once-secret space program has released a stream of such disclosures following the Oct. 15 flight of astronaut Yang Liwei on the country's first manned space voyage.

"We will focus on deep space exploration. The first target selected is the moon," Luan said Thursday.