Sign in to follow this  
Unhappy customer

1.94 problems

I just thought you might like to know that I upgraded to V-1.94BETA and now I am getting a new CTD with the following message:

ErrorMessage: CreateIndexBuffer failed 8876017c - out of memory?

smile_o.gif me too.

Can you please check if it happens with HW T&L disabled and if no then activate HW T&L and make the following.

4 BIS jeeps on nogova in a group and you in cargo of one of them. let them drive from petrovice along the road at full speed to the north-west. If you crash please tell me.

I am looking for anyone with the same problem as I have.

first try adding the "-nomap" command in a link to the ofp.exe, if u have no luck, send your context.bin and flashpoint.rpt to BIS support

I played MP with 1.94. then it just crashed to desktop wink_o.gif

Well I havent tryed -nomap yet tough...but I really wounder, what happends when I put -nomap ?

thx

Guest jacobaby

Last night we experienced a missing addon error on several dedicated server, when using older missions without the addons in them.

Here's a quote from Adammo (Cpt Moore) as he found the same;

Quote[/b] ]

"What I am finding is that if an addon is used in the map but not in the

addons area on the mission.sqm ou get the error..

Even in the MP editor area.. I added some BAS guys.. but yet my editor

didn't added the bas_opfor in the mission.sqm

so I got the error."

This seems to be a new "feature" of 1.94, we are looking into it as best we can.

sad_o.gif

TJ

but I really wounder, what happends when I put -nomap ?

Read here to see a comment from Suma about it.

but I really wounder, what happends when I put -nomap ?

Read here to see a comment from Suma about it.

ahhh..thx alot dude biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

My BAS addons problem is finally over biggrin_o.gif

I ALLWYAS got green screen. So now I tryed -nomap on a MOD folder with 1.94 and it worked biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

ASSKICKING island and units biggrin_o.gif GREAT work as allways bas

4 BIS jeeps on nogova in a group and you in cargo of one of them. let them drive from petrovice along the road at full speed to the north-west. If you crash please tell me.

I am looking for anyone with the same problem as I have.

Well, if you mean the road that goes from Petrovich to Modrava and passes the Factory building and airport i just tried it and it went fine, maybe you should try a clean install and then patch it up rock.gif .

no it should go up to the north to pass the forrests. since they seem to trigger the proeblems. I don't get crashes with -nomap parameter though. But many many freezes. pretty unplayable

i used the patch all day yesturday now today i cant even play because i keep getting this mmessage also ErrorMessage: CreateIndexBuffer failed 8876017c - out of memory

im using the -nomap

i used the patch all day yesturday now today i cant even play because i keep getting this mmessage also ErrorMessage: CreateIndexBuffer failed 8876017c - out of memory

im using the -nomap

What happens without nomap?

What is the total size in MB of your mod folders you're using?

with no map i get a memorymap error out of memory

edit it happens even when not using any addons

Guest jacobaby

Problems with bas_opfor fixed, was due to addon being in the RES/Addons folder.

HOWEVER,

We experienced several server crashes, seemingly linked to respawn problems. Also, odd things happening at respawn, players not having control, and respawning into other players bodies.

TJ

I think I have gotten rid of my out of memory problems.  I simply deleted some of my addons.  I'm affraid this game will never be stable as long as I have third party addons, missions, and campaigns installed.  As far as the BAS_OPFOR addons go....  I am very impressed.  It seems whenever I am about to lose interest in OFP, someone releases something new that revives my interest.  The only thing is that you really need to release this as a mod.  This addons pack is way to big to just throw into the addons folder with everything else.  It should be installed into it's own mod folder.  On my PC I have it in a folder labled BAS.  Then the executable is labled  .....flashpoint/"flashpointbeta.exe" -mod=BAS -nomap. Although I had to put the animations folder in the Res/addons folder to make it work right.

Guest jacobaby

Ok, more problems with 1.94 on my server tonight.

It happens like this.

If anybody disconnects at any stage of game setup or breifing, the dedicated server crashed.

In the end we went back to 1.91, just to get a decent game sad_o.gif

TJ

Quote[/b] ]If anybody disconnects at any stage of game setup or breifing, the dedicated server crashed.

Can we have a crash files from the server sent to support@bistudio.com, please?

I think I have gotten rid of my out of memory problems. I simply deleted some of my addons. I'm affraid this game will never be stable as long as I have third party addons, missions, and campaigns installed.

How much addons are you using? My ofp folder is around 3gb size and i usually play with 800-900mb inofficial addons activated and i never have an instable game.

The memory error only seem to happen to me if i use very high terrain in video options. On high or normal it works like a charm.

Guest jacobaby
Quote[/b] ]If anybody disconnects at any stage of game setup or breifing, the dedicated server crashed.

Can we have a crash files from the server sent to support@bistudio.com, please?

Files sent.

Can others reproduce this error?

Do this.

1)Dedicated server running 1.94 server

2) two players at least to connect

3) assign missions

4) While waiting at the breifing screen, ONE player disconnect

At the moment I can repeat this every time, the server will crash to desktop when using BAS addons.

But when we tried SebNam addons it was ok.

We are looking into it right now, but are interested to hear from others please!

UPDATE: The bug appears when the disconnecting player is the TEAM LEADER.

Also, you can reproduce this bug when playing alone, but only if you DO NOT login as admin.

Have also tested and verified on Nyles UTW server.

UPDATE 2: If a mission is selected where there is a missing addon on the client, the server crashes. Would like more confirmatin of this too plz.

TJ

You seem to have same problem as I do. Some player even crash the server while connecting. (Kernel32.dll problem).

Some however succeed to play on it even with BAS addons.

Sofar not clear what really causes these crashes.

Have send my files to BIS as well

I just updated my linux server to 1.94 today and will test both cases.

I am currently using about 650megs of unofficial addons. Plus about 300megs in official addons (The addons that came with OFP V1.46, and Resistance). So about 950megs in official and unofficial addons. I also noticed that I haven't had this error since adding the -nomap command at the end of my shortcut. It seems that I can't load more than about 1gig in total addons (official and unofficial combined), so I only have about 50 megs left before OFPR begins to crash when I load all the BAS addons. Oh and my Operation Flashpoint folder is almost 5 gigs because I have all my addons divided into mod folders. Frenchpoint mod, FDF mod, UK mod, BAS mod, WWII mod, Vietnam mod, etc. Then I have another folder that contains addons that I may use in multiple mods (such as civilian cars, islands, etc.) that is loaded along with the mod folder. This way the original addon folders are left untouched, (except for the island intro animation folders). So I am free to delete problem addons without fear of deleting official addons. But the figure of 950megs is for all addons official and unofficial that are loaded when I play with the BAS OPFOR pack.

Also if BIS releases another patch, they should make it possible to put a mission folder in the mod folders (the same way that you can put a campaign folder in a mod folder) so that I don't have to memory map all of my Vietnam mission when I am loading my WWII addons and missions. This would probably solve a lot of my problems. I have a lot of large missions, and this probably adds another 100megs or so to the addons.

well

out of nowhere 1.94 beta wen playing with the bas map and addons it started freezing frequently again

but b4 it was working just fine wen i recently played with 1.94 using the dame addons

i put -nomap on the ofp exe properties and so far no freeze