Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

War against terror

Where's Waldo? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]FBI Official rushes from Islamabad to New Delhi

inset_arun.jpg

Indians Put Security Forces on Red Alert After Ben Laden Sighting in Laddakh

By Arun Rajnath

NEW DELHI, October 25: Fugitive Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden has been spotted in the Tibet-Laddakh region, close to the North-Eastern tip of Pakistan, bordering India and China, Indian and US officials believe.

A high-ranking official of the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) flew from Islamabad on Sunday to meet top Indian officials here in Delhi after reports of Bin Laden’s presence in the region.

According to sources, following the meeting between Indian security bosses and the FBI, the New Delhi Government has put its security forces in the North Western region, specially the Kashmir Valley, on 'red alert.'

Vigilance on the Kargil-Leh Highway and area along the Tibetan border has also been increased. Security forces are likely to undertake combing operations in the Laddakh region before the start of snowfall.

These sources in the Indian Home Ministry told this correspondent that intelligence agencies had received information that Bin Laden has been spotted traveling. Some such reports were also published in a section of the Pakistan media.

Sources say the FBI official flew into Delhi from Pakistan to hold talks with Indian officials in New Delhi. At their meeting, chiefs of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), intelligence units of the Border Security Force (BSF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Indian Army officers were present.

Indian officials believe Bin Laden may have reached Laddakh from the Pak administrated Kashmir where they think he may have been helped by some Jihadi or even sympathetic elements in the Pakistani forces.

Officials are also expressing concern over increased activity of foreign nationals along the LoC. Though there are no concrete reports on Pak Army’s support to these foreign nationals, Indian Home Ministry officials feel that some supporters in the ISI may be providing help. An ISI official, Ejaz Khan, has already been identified by the Indian security agencies for helping militants to cross over into the Indian territory.

Officials working with different security agencies said though the border fence along the LoC, which was expected to be completed this year, had raised hurdles for the infiltrators, militants manage to sneak into the Indian territory from across Poonch and Rajauri.

Meanwhile, five additional battalions of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Border Security Force (BSF) have been called in to fortify all spots of tourist interest besides camps and bases of the Army. Multi-tier anti-infiltration arrangements have been made. The ITBP has also been put on full alert.

Security officials feel the militants have once again succeeded in scaring away outsiders from the Valley, and foreign nationals’ presence on the other side of Kashmir could aim at fortifying the bases of militants to facilitate them to launch fresh attacks on army establishments and other sensitive targets.

Sources in the Home Ministry say Indian Border Security Force deployed in the Valley had intercepted Jihadi leader Syed Salahuddin’s message and a speech a few days back which revealed that various militant outfits were gearing up to launch major attacks before the snow starts falling. They have also been directed to intensify their activities in Jammu region, Doda, Bhadrawah and Kishtwar.

Sources told this correspondent that Salahuddin’s speeches were being transmitted on wireless sets available with the militants. This information was immediately passed on to all concerned to make pre-emptive arrangements.

The length of taped speeches transmitted on wireless is said to be 10-15 minutes, and these broadcasts were being repeated several times a day. Militants keep changing the frequencies to dodge Indian army interceptors.

The message called for carrying out attacks on security causes as well as soft civilian targets hampering economic activity and tourism in Kashmir.

If evil had enough force to deroute good, id vote Bush and take my mind off whats wrong with America.  Eh?  Change is the ONLY constant.  Adaptation = survival.  The frog that SLEEPS in the pot of water dies in it sooner or later.  Wake up!  Maybe you like the comfort of hiding in your pot.  I have yet to meet a Bush sympathiser that knows he's right enough to engage ME in debate!  Most of them such as YOU, make reroute attempts or EVACUATE.  HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Quote[/b] ]If evil had enough force to deroute good, id vote Bush and take my mind off whats wrong with America. Eh?

You think Kerry is going to fix the problems? He cannot even tell the truth. I thought he was not going to lie? Remember what he said at the DNC convention?

Edit: You remind me of Jesse Jackson for some reason....

Kerry has told the truth many times.  I don't have to pull up DNC convention quote, that'd be derailing again on your part.  Don't reroute me or us from the much HIGHER lesson in this situation.  Has life taught you nothing?  I know things seem like wrong vs. wrong and since it IS that way, lets make a substitution and see what happens.  If the standard falls that bad, we can always impeach and keep changing till we get it right.  That's the part of life all creatures are allowed to and should take praise in; change.  I'd love to ride this out till you can make a rational reason against a substituion when the team is losing.  You're like a coach who's son sucks at basketball, but he just keeps him in the game.  If you want to win, you know at some point your going to have to take him out and put the strong team in.  Believe that.  Damn....   Have you ever played on a team.  Where's your experience?  Is that who Bush is targeting?  lol.  Do you get your sense of war from wrestling?  hahahahaha.  YOU DON'T KNOW WAR at all. You don't study, you just sit at home and watch wrestling with its all american theme, and then you turn on the tv and want to keep the joy going so you root for the president. Patriotism feels good don't it? Wait though, is he a man capable of mistakes? Is he in too deep? Yeah.

Quote[/b] ]Kerry has told the truth many times. I don't have to pull up DNC convention quote, that'd be derailing again on your part. Don't reroute me or us from the much HIGHER lesson in this situation. Has life taught you nothing?

Lets see:

1.)His seared vietnam story.

2.) His supposedly visit to the UN.

3.) Taxes.

Quote[/b] ]

Kerry claims in an ad that appeared this week that "the middle class is paying the bigger share of America's tax burden and the wealthiest are paying less." Actually, all income groups have seen their burden reduced . Kerry's wording could lead some to think middle-income taxpayers are paying more of the tax burden than upper-income taxpayers, which is false.

As we pointed out before in an article on another Kerry ad, figures from the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center show that even after Bush's tax cuts, the most affluent 20 percent of taxpayers still pay 63 percent of all US taxes, including income, payroll and excise taxes. Those in the middle 20 percent pay 10.5 percent, a much smaller share. So, strictly speaking, the highest -income taxpayers still pay by far the larger share of taxes than the other 80 percent.

What Kerry has said previously is that middle-income taxpayers pay a larger share -- meaning a larger share than they did before and not a larger share than more affluent groups. And it's true that the middle 20 percent has seen their share of the tax burden go up -- by 2/10ths of one percent -- even as their taxes have come down. Those between the top and middle groups have seen their share of the burden go up 0.7 percent. On the other hand, those in the lowest two groups have seen very slight declines in the share of all taxes they pay as well as in the amount of taxes they pay, something Kerry doesn't mention when talking about the burden on the "middle."

-factcheck.org

4.) outsourcing

Quote[/b] ]A Choice of Policy

A Kerry ad running heavily last week after first airing Oct. 6 says "the president has made a choice that actually uses your tax money to reward the company that goes overseas." But in fact, Bush's "choice" has been to maintain the status quo, opposing a Kerry proposal to change the law.

As we explained earlier, Kerry is referring to a feature of the US tax code that has been there since the corporate income tax was first adopted, through both Democratic and Republican administrations. Economists say it is a relatively minor factor in the decisions companies make to locate jobs overseas. Even Kerry admits his own tax-change proposal won't end the "outsourcing" of jobs overseas. For more, see our July 29 article .

5.) Social Security

Quote[/b] ]A Kerry ad claims "Bush has a plan to cut Social Security benefits by 30 to 45 percent." That's false. Bush has proposed no such plan, and the proposal Kerry refers to would only slow down the growth of benefits, and only for future retirees. It was one of three possible "reform models" detailed by a bipartisan commission in 2001.

The ad also says nothing about what Kerry would do to address the troubled state of Social Security finances. Unless taxes are increased, the system's trustees say currently scheduled benefits would have to be cut 32%.

6.) Health insurance

Millions are going to be left out of his promise (look for it at factcheck).

Quote[/b] ]Do you get your sense of war from wrestling? hahahahaha. YOU DON'T KNOW WAR!

Ok, Jesse... blues.gif

Edit: It is funny that you say that I'm blind or something but Kerry is doing the same to you.

Don't the president make those decisions for the country?  Aren't we in a mess.  Now if I ADDED that together, all routes would point to Bush.  zzzzz

Edit:  My name isn't Jesse. He's from wrestling too. Freedom of choice is yours this argument is stupid. I'm tired. I can't believe we're arguing over this. Why did this thread even start?  

Quote[/b] ]Don't the president make those decisions for the country? Aren't we in a mess. Now if I ADDED that together, all routes would point to Bush.

Edit: My name isn't Jesse. I am Bowery Baker.

Some of your post remind me of Jesse. Anyway, Bush & co. will fix the problem in my opinion.

Mainstream has picked the story up....

Quote[/b] ]

CIA can’t authenticate

taped threat to U.S.

NBC: Analysts cite ‘low’ concern

MSNBC and NBC News

Updated: 1:50 p.m. ET Oct. 27, 2004

The CIA is unable to authenticate a videotape in which a man claiming to be an al-Qaida terrorist warns of devastating new attacks on the United States, a senior U.S. intelligence official told NBC News on Wednesday.

advertisement

The existence of the tape was first reported Wednesday afternoon by Internet columnist Matt Drudge, who said it was obtained last weekend in Pakistan by ABC News. Drudge quoted an unidentified “senior ABC News source†as saying the network was “working 24 hours a day trying to authenticate†it.

But the senior intelligence official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told NBC News that “we can’t authenticate†the tape, a copy of which ABC gave the CIA on Monday. He would not elaborate, adding, “I think that is where we are going to stand.â€

U.S. officials told NBC News that the tape included now-standard militant Islamist rhetoric promising widespread destruction inside the United States. The man cannot be identified, the officials said, because his face is covered by a headdress.

The officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, described analysts’ concern as “low†because it was not clear that the tape was recorded recently and because the man on the tape, who spoke in what appeared to be an American accent, mentioned no details.

“It’s unclear what this tape is — even whether the person on the tape is an American,†one of the officials said.

Pre-election attack widely speculated

Drudge reported the man on the tape claimed that the attacks would be in retribution for “electing George Bush, who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on al-Qaida.â€

The possibility of an al-Qaida attack in the days before next week’s presidential election has been widely speculated on, but U.S. intelligence officials said last week that they had no specific intelligence indicating there was a plot by al-Qaida to launch a strike designed to sway voting.

Drudge, quoting unidentified sources, said the man on the tape called himself “Assam the American†and spoke in an American accent. He reported that the man warned that the attack would “dwarf†the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks in New York and Washington, which killed almost 3,000 people.

“The streets will run with blood†and “America will mourn in silence,†the man said, because it will be unable to count the number of the dead, according to Drudge.

A U.S. official told NBC News that intelligence analysts were speculating that the man could be Adam Pearlman, 25, also known as Adam Gadahn and Abu Suhayb Al-Amriki, one of seven people mentioned by FBI Director Robert Mueller in May as someone the United States would like to locate.

The FBI said Pearlman, who is originally from California, attended a terrorist training camp and acted in the past as an al-Qaida translator. U.S. officials said Pearlman was not believed to hold any influential position within al-Qaida.

By MSNBC.com’s Alex Johnson with NBC’s Pete Williams in Washington and Robert Windrem in New York.

That is msnbc...this POS mac will not copy the link... sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

They should let me listen to it.  I need work! The man: "Mr. T, you've got a long record of working with children and spreading a self positivity message, however, im afraid you're not trendy anymore. Sorry."

Me: Hmmmm.

Quote[/b] ]They should let me listen to it. I need work! The man: "Mr. T, you've got a long record of working with children and spreading a self positivity message, however, im afraid you're not trendy anymore. Sorry."

Me: Hmmmm.

LOL

Mr. T will forever be trendy to me for that simple fact. What were we talking about again? Oh yeah. I just hope the best for Bush.

That is msnbc...this POS mac will not copy the link... sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Holy fuck!

A republican mac user!!!

Now I KNOW I've seen it all!

crazy_o.gif

If I was a DJ, I'd dedicate a song for Bowery Baker and Billybob2002.

Frontier Psychiatrist, by The Avalanches. crazy_o.gif

In other news:

Quote[/b] ]Indonesian Terror Suspect on trial

By Sian Powell

28oct04

Image of Bashir

PROSECUTORS in the trial of Abu Bakar Bashir, which begins today in Jakarta, will paint a picture of the Islamic cleric inspecting cadres of armed militants at a Jemaah Islamiah training camp in the southern Philippines.

Invited to a passing-out ceremony by camp commandant Mustofa in April 2000, Bashir allegedly visited Camp Hudaibiyah where he inspected ranks of uniformed militants carrying M16 rifles.

According to the 65-page indictment, Bashir also preached on the virtues of jihad and passed on a message from al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden: killing Americans and their allies was permissible.

The long-awaited second trial of Bashir will again test the limits of the Indonesian judicial system. He has been charged under Indonesia's wide-ranging anti-terrorism laws for his alleged involvement in the blast at Jakarta's Marriott hotel in August last year, which killed 12.

His defence team has repeatedly pointed out he had been imprisoned for nine months at the time of the bombing. Bashir, too, has flatly denied he has any connection to terrorist acts. He even denies JI exists.

Bashir has also been charged under law 187 of the criminal code with a role in the November 2002 Bali bombings, which killed 202 people, including 88 Australians.

Other charges relate to a bomb factory police discovered in Semarang last year, and to leading a terrorist organisation. The maximum penalty for the terror-related charges is death.

JI expert Sidney Jones said yesterday the case against Bashir was relatively weak.

"I'm not sure whether they will able to convince the judges that because he said XYZ before Bali, that makes him guilty of terrorism charges, or law 187 in the criminal code," said Ms Jones, Southeast Asia bureau chief of the International Crisis Group.

The trial is expected to last up to five months.

Quote[/b] ]Holy fuck!

A republican mac user!!!

Now I KNOW I've seen it all!

1.) I'm NOT a republican

2.) That Mac is school property.

3.) Mac sucks!

Quote[/b] ]1.) I'm NOT a republican

I have trouble believing that , even if you are not A party member you are definitely their supporter judging by how easily you drink everything that comes from their camp and Bushs mouth.

Quote[/b] ]I have trouble believing that , even if you are not A party member you are definitely their supporter judging by how  easily you drink everything that comes from their camp and Bushs mouth.

Yes, I support Bush and not Kerry but on local elections, I have voted for democrats before and republicans.

I got a question.

Do you think that shortly before the election Nader will ask his supporters to vote for Kerry? His chances of success are limited anyway.

Nope Nader has not done so and the elections have already started with droves of people voting early (I voted early myself). I met the guy a few months ago and he's very smart, but I think his on ego is causing him to hand the election to Bush. In an election this tight, I think Nader will once again be the deciding factor.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Reminds me of when the Egyptians first said the explosion at the Taba Hilton was due to a cooking gas leak:

Quote[/b] ]Explosion Hits Islamabad Hotel, Causes Casualties

8 minutes ago World - Reuters

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - An explosion hit the Marriott Hotel in the central area of the Pakistani capital Islamabad on Thursday, causing several casualties, witnesses said.

Glass and other debris were blown out the front of the hotel and through the lobby, the witnesses said.

There was no immediate official word on the cause of the blast, although some hotel staff said they thought it might have been caused by an electrical fault.

Blood could be seen on the ground and at least one man was carried out on a stretcher, but he was still alive.

After the blast, police moved people out of the lobby because of a suspicious bag.

@ozanzac: I appreciate your music dedication, even if I never heard it on the radio station, its the thought that counts.