Sign in to follow this  
starstreams

Giving an officer more then one group of 12?

Is there some way of giving an officer control over more then 12 players in the editor? So for example users can make missions allowing an officer to control say 4 groups of 12. This way a key could be assigned allowing the player to cycle through the different groups. I really want to be able to do this however possible?

Some times 12 players are not enough. It would be nice if I could bring 12 guys with me on a mission and keep another 12 back at the base for when I need rides or for other smaller tasks.

I'm sure Walker will show up here sooner or later and give you a shameless plug on the Chain of Command, tounge_o.gif but you ought to give it a try and see if its what you want.

The Chain of Command

Also, I think there may be a few larger group scripts at OFPEC that are worth checking out.

Wow this looks like what I need. Man this is one dedicated group of developers. I love huge lifelike battles, god bless these people they’ve got a great web site.

Thanks for the link MSMS_KDXer!

I'm sure Walker will show up here sooner or later and give you a shameless plug on the Chain of Command, tounge_o.gif but you ought to give it a try and see if its what you want.

The Chain of Command

Also, I think there may be a few larger group scripts at OFPEC that are worth checking out.

Drat Beat me to it. mad_o.gif

Thanks MSMS_KDXer wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Kind Regards Walker

well an easy way with ou downloading any thing is to have them do the "JOIN" waypoint on u that how i have done it in the past... had 30 groups join one... mad but fun

but go with the CoC they no wat they are doing smile_o.gif

well an easy way with ou downloading any thing is to have them do the "JOIN" waypoint on u that how i have done it in the past... had 30 groups join one... mad but fun

but go with the CoC they no wat they are doing smile_o.gif

Are you sure? I just tried this and couldn't get it to work.

RED

works fine for me just have them use a waypoint Join on ure unit (if ure the leader) should work every time

Quote[/b] ]works fine for me just have them use a waypoint Join on ure unit (if ure the leader) should work every time

Where are the screenshots?rock.gif?

Sorry, but i cannot believe that.

Also, let's say RED, all the other mapmakers and me were

wrong all those 2 1/2 years, where we thought that OFP's

group limit is 12 men and cannot be overruled even by a

JOIN waypoint.

How the hell did your screen lookalike?

I mean: imagine that soldier info bar at the bottom of the

screen - did you then have 30 bottom soldier info bar's??

One more thing: did you only use a join waypoint, or did

you at least syncronize the join waypoint with a join&lead

waypoint, to tell the group, where to join?

~S~ CD

Quote[/b] ]works fine for me just have them use a waypoint Join on ure unit (if ure the leader) should work every time

Where are the screenshots?rock.gif?

Sorry, but i cannot believe that.

Also, let's say RED, all the other mapmakers and me were

wrong all those 2 1/2 years, where we thought that OFP's

group limit is 12 men and cannot be overruled even by a

JOIN waypoint.

How the hell did your screen lookalike?

I mean: imagine that soldier info bar at the bottom of the

screen - did you then have 30 bottom soldier info bar's??

One more thing: did you only use a join waypoint, or did

you at least syncronize the join waypoint with a join&lead

waypoint, to tell the group, where to join?

~S~ CD

When i only had ofp (no expansions) i tried join and it does work (i had about 70 units )if you have no patchs and crap

I could do that too a while back. But now I can't. Anyhow, did you guys know that you can create huge tank columns?? I mean like around 12 tanks in one group??? having all the guys under you commanders and then just putting random people in as drivers and gunners...........hell a fun! only problem is, they will only stay in column formation like fricken bastards!!

While you can't actually control all the units this way i've found the parallel use of the follow script by toadlife(i think) and the custom formations script allows you to create massive armored formations which will all follow you and your group in a predetermined formation.

You first of use the formation script to position your team and then use the follow script to attachother groups or units to yourself (at the position you desire) and the other units in the team. You can make all kinds of nice patterns this way tounge_o.gif