Sign in to follow this  
Satchel

Check Flashnews

I thought we already had super AI, #### they can see through trees, and instantly identify weather a vehicle is empty, friendly, or enemy.

Other than the fact that they still can't drive, they are pretty "super" already.

A while back there was a thread about AI giving team members enemy position too accurately. One of the devs had one idea that could fix that and if they didn't get it in 1.30, that could be it...

Maybe you troops will now turn on you when you get half the squad killed by stupidity.

super AI = troops hitting you at over 2000m away with a kozlice shell behind a hill

would be real cool if they had added a mortar but i doubt it sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Thehamster on 9:03 am on Dec. 20, 2001

Maybe you troops will now turn on you when you get half the squad killed by stupidity.

<span id='postcolor'>

Dont they already do that? I dont know what you meen by 'stupidity' but shoot a couple of your AI team mates and they'll begin shooting you!

By stupidity he means when u charge a hill with 12-men squad and 8 of them get killed by a single machinegunner in the bushes who u thought was dead

whenever i'm in command my squad always gets slaughtered, so normally i don't mind, it is after all, there fault (they always charge the enemy while i hang back and take out the enemy long range with my assault rifle madskillz)

Stupidity:

Sending your rocket soldiers to engage a T80 only to find that none of them....HAD..any rockets.

Isn't it meant to be there today? Where is it? Can I get it? Where do I find it? What's it gonna do for me? Super AI?

OK. I'm over it. JUST GIVE IT TO US ALREADY!!!

Ok. This should be v1.35 patch not v1.40, because if it is v1.40 then it is Ultimate upgrade. And they always add new vehicles in Ultimate Upgrades

no new vehicles... sad.gif

I was getting used to have new toys every Ultimate Upgrade... :cool:

But to have great improvements in Netcode... and Ai is more more important .....so....

Ultimate Upgrade here I come!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

thanks BIS...we couldn't have a much better support than yours.......

(Edited by keKoJoNes at 2:29 am on Dec. 20, 2001)

If they would just give us the sdk they wouldnt need to make any more vehicals for us, they can sit back and design more video games for the marines...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from SpaceAlex on 1:19 am on Dec. 20, 2001

Ok. This should be v1.35 patch not v1.40, because if it is v1.40 then it is Ultimate upgrade. And they always add new vehicles in Ultimate Upgrades

<span id='postcolor'>

OK. It should not be revealed, but if you are already guessing it smile.gif .... we planned this patch to be named 1.35. During the development process we ran out of version numbers, and therefore we had to name it 1.40. But still, it contains only bug fixes and some new features, but no new weapons or units.

Regarding Super AI option, see my reply in Flashnews thread.

DOH!

I spose bug fixes isn't a bad thing though.

Do we find out approx. when next ultimate upgrade is then suma? Or when to expect new addons?

Suma, could you make it possible to have multiple sides sometime instead of just 2?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from amos m on 4:29 pm on Dec. 20, 2001

DOH!

I spose bug fixes isn't a bad thing though.

Do we find out approx. when next ultimate upgrade is then suma? Or when to expect new addons?

Suma, could you make it possible to have multiple sides sometime instead of just 2?<span id='postcolor'>

You can already have three sides. One of my favorite user-designed missions ("Team King of Chapoi") has three evenly-matched teams.

with this "super ai"thing i might be able to pass the first mission of redhammer finally.:biggrin:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from amos m on 4:41 pm on Dec. 20, 2001

U know how or where to get sample of this mission?

<span id='postcolor'>

You can get it here:

<a href="http://editing.operation-flashpoint.de/missions/Team-King%20of%20Chapoi.Abel.zip

It's" target="_blank">http://editing.operation-flashpoint.de/mission....

It's</a> a fun little map with fast-paced action and nice visuals.