Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

BIS/CM! PLEASE RELEASE THE MODELS SHOWN AT VBS-site!

Please publish the models of the in-game shots seen at

VBS-site.

What other features will the Marines get, that we will be

deprived of?

Perhaps a more realistic flight-sim/flight-control part

and a Command System for large (Support) Elemnent, lets say

for a Battalion Landing Team or an entire MEU(SOC)?

Perhaps customizeable weapon-loads for supporting vehicles

and air units?

Artillery?

More Weapons?

I get mad a the thought that we wont be allowed to use

all this stuff.

If so, please release at least the SDK that we can make

these models ourselves!

WE ARE THE ONES THAT BOUGHT OFP FIRST! SURELY NOT THE MARINES.

BUT I FEAR THAT WE ARE THE LAST OF INTEREST TO YOU FROM

NOW ON!

STONEWALL

Why does everyone (and his dog) seem to think that VBS is the devil's doing and the end of OFP? Would you rather have BIS spend their talent developing edutainment software for children ages 8-11?

"WE ARE THE ONES THAT BOUGHT OFP FIRST"

lol, Stonewall how childish..... just because you paid your money for the game does not give you shareholders rights.

now go to your room young man.

Also, the rights to the new models are probably owned by Coalescent, the other partner in the VBS venture.

I do not see it as a 'problem' but as an oppertunity, because of VBS version of Flashpoint, we'll see some models coming from that engine. Like the VTOL Harrier that a lot of people have been screaming about.

It will only enhance the longetivity of the game, because most games are put on the dust collector shelf after two months, but this game is still rolling and will role on for some time, especially when the US Defence Money Machine is behind it (The US spends 292 BILLION dollars this year on defence , and some of it is going to BIS now :)

-source : annual budget of the US office of management and budget, fiscal year 2001-

---Bloodmixer

The future looks bright for OFP

Good one BIS.....having the U.S Marine Corps to "betatest" OPF2 for U (calling it VBS1)...hehe

my congrats!!! smile.gif

I'm sure you will see VBS1 Models and features in some future products and no BIS own all rights to everything. So the future of OFP looks good in 2002 and beyond.

"Although VBS1 will not be available to the public and part of the content of VBS1 will remain strictly confidential, certain developments and units maybe will made available at some later stage through add-ons or upgrades to the owners of chart-topping military simulation PC game Operation Flashpoint, published by Codemasters in Summer 2001."

You DID read the whole article right?

If it wasn't for all us fans buying this game and making it become so popular the marines would have never had a VBS1 this game would be in the low prices bin for 9.99$

So Bin you were a fan before you even purchased the game. Now I am impressed. Most ppl I know become fans after they have purchased the game and given it a good day or 2 of play.

As Cpt Gamer FtK said, just because you purchased your copy it does give you a right to tell the company what they should or should not do.

I would just be thankful for the fine game we have now and that it is still supported, because with the income from the US military alone (not to mention the other countries that are showing interest) they don't really need the gamers. Hey i would pull support to considering the complete lack of gratatude I see around here.

I hope some OFP fan from Marines will steal couple of models from VBS1 and give them to OFP community smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from snero3 on 12:23 am on Dec. 18, 2001

So Bin you were a fan before you even purchased the game.  Now I am impressed.  Most ppl I know become fans after they have purchased the game and given it a good day or 2 of play.

As Cpt Gamer FtK said, just because you purchased your copy it does give you a right to tell the company what they should or should not do.  

I would just be thankful for the fine game we have now and that it is still supported, because with the income from the US military alone (not to mention the other countries that are showing interest) they don't really need the gamers.  Hey i would pull support to considering the complete lack of gratatude I see around here.

<span id='postcolor'>

No kidding...

You should hangout on the Taldren Forums for Starfleet Command 2....never seen a whiner group in my life...AND Taldren has been supporting it out of their own pcoket (not Interplay's who cut support)...AND they gave the code to some fans so they could write patches themselves....

and yet they still complain....

Can't please some people...

Not to sound like a d**k

or anything, but a lot of us WERE fans for a good 6 months before the game came out. Just correcting whoever said otherwise.

Anyway, what harm would it be to port some of the MODELS from vbs1 into vehicles for OFP....they don't have to have the same militarily accurate physics and what-not, no harm done....anyone see where I am coming from....? The models themselves could at least be sold to us in an expansion pack without all of this confidential bollocks. And I DO hate it when someone who has bought the game and simply states that is shat all over by some arrogant guy who comes along and tells us we have no rights. To put it straight to whoever said they bought it, etc....you bought OFP, you did not buy VBS1, therefore if BIS decide that they are going to give us stuff from VBS1 then we should all be pretty f**king grateful. None of us should take it for granted that we are going to get all the stuff from VBS1 just because we bought OFP.

I agree with the posting above.

Suppose the "black" details should be left out or adjusted

to value and capabilities already known in the public.

Since a lot of people write a lot of books and papers on

modern warfare and equipment, this should be well possible.

Even if we, the gamers, were unsatisfied with their

characteristics, we still might manipulate the .cpp file

as to our own guessed judgement without presenting

any secret details.

Well, the thing I guess we will never get will be the

full engine that VBS will use.

Look at that V-22 Osprey or the Harrier. They are no reagular vehicles, as all of you should know at first glance.

The Flightmodells and physics needed for them dont seem to be incorporated in OFP 1.30.

Also the Marines wont be satisfied with

the poor, hardly realistic control-model for the Helos and

planes, ignoring a lot of features and functions real craft

do have (countermeasures, targeting modes, customizeable

weapon-loads, real HUDs or IHDSS, a lot of cameras (OH58, AH64,...), and on and on and on.

Look at the integrated target optics for ground troops

(dont remember the term, guess you have seen these on pics,

too). The guy just need to lift the weapon above the cover

to fire -without endangering their head of being ....

How about 'command-modules' for the mentioned large-scale

engagements? What about new maps and terrains?

The Marines will surely get at lot of vehicles, equipment, mines and weapons, which we allready know.

We well ever get these for our little OFP?

At least it would be fair if BIS/CM would or could (?)

post an explicit comment on this theme.

It is surely not bad for OFP, to receive such high-grade

interest from "experts", but what about the fan-support.

Does CM/BIS have enough resources to develop VBS and what

we know as OFP? Or is our part dying out slowly?

I guess the answer will be 'no', but I want to hear that

from the guys in control.

Stonewall

1. I must warn you that this reply is representing just my opinion.

2. I dont want ot speak about VBS smile.gif

Now finaly Stonewall posted on this forum:

Does CM/BIS have enough resources to develop VBS and what

we know as OFP? Or is our part dying out slowly?

I guess the answer will be 'no', but I want to hear that

from the guys in control

U guess right, we (BIS) dont let OFP to die in dust of road of entertainment industry. We are really happy to see such a great comnuity has grown around OFP and we should support this community as long as we can :-)

And i almost forgot:

MERRY XMAS TO ALL OF YOU GUYZ :-)

p.s. i beg your pardon for my english

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Erex on 11:52 pm on Dec. 18, 2001

MERRY XMAS TO ALL OF YOU GUYZ :-)

<span id='postcolor'>

Merry Christmas to you Erex smile.gif

Thanx at last for any answer!

It is at least good to know that some with BIS/CM will after the jump from entertainment to professional sim making, which VBS deal surely presents (by the way: congratulations; of course this means too that we can play with OFP the top-most INF-sim ever developed, and it surely should make the developers quite proud), still remember that OFP was initially planned for 'non-prof' warriors. Or was it perhaps not??

I still would like to hear some official word on what this deal will mean to the future of OFP, its patch and perhaps realism and detail-improvemkents and addons.

I hope, that we can get the engine that the marines will probably want to have for more realistic vehicles and air units, like the harrier and Osprey. Perhaps the improvement of the sim-part might be worth to be called OFP2 then.

Still, OFP is the greatest and toughest INF sim and never want to miss it.

So perhaps BIS/CM can make the fandom a small XMS present with telling something about the future of OFP....

Happy XMS and lucky fighting,

Stonewall

Im slowly getting tired of these I want VBS stuff in OFP threads.

It reminds me of a baby crying because he cant get a bigger icecream smile.gif

VBS and Operation Flashpoint may be made on similar or the same engine.

But they are for two differant things.

Now STFU and stop whining, you get what you get in the OFP patches.

It's better than nothing, and at least B.I.S add new things in the patches to stop your constant b*tching for new stuff.

But it does not work, All you tools wan't is more more more more, Take what you are given in the current patches and dont hound B.I.S to add stuff that YOU want.

I'm thinking that VBS might possibly include a lot of stuff the average gamer wouldn't neccessarily be interested in, such as post- or in-action analysis/replay, visualisation/classroom tools, umpire tools (insert/kill units during the exercise), or more realistic (that is, inconvenient) radio comms.

anyone concidered the idea that OFP is/was a beta test for VBS, as lets face it if the same engine is used on both products then the net codeing would be pants, as they never planned for the program to be used on the internet only support for lan working.

Not that I am complaining:) BSI have produced a program that sets the benchmark for other games to follow.

If ya wanna use the units in the VBS1 thingy, simple easy way - join the marines - which is easy if you are American - if ya not, then you'll have to wait to become a citizen.

Ahh well, hand me the razor and the M16 and I'll be on my way.