Sign in to follow this  
wizzywig

11 september 2001

I just rememberd that my father came home from New York the day before the 9/11 attacks. I remember sitting watching the telly before he came home from work that day trying to remember if he really did get home from New York the other day. Or if it was a dream, like that on the TV. For the day of the 9/11 attacks it was a dream for me a very bad one. I couldn't realize that someone would be crazy enough to do such a thing.

At first i was browsing the ofpec forums and suddenly i saw a post about that, i thought it was a joke but then i turned on the tv and saw it was true sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif i couldnt believe it sad_o.gif

Just IMO

"Why of course the people don't want war ... But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship ... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger"

Hermann Goering

I remeber i woke up on this day two years ago i went to my tv room and i was about to fall asleep when my dad ran into the room and yanked the remote out of my hand. Then he turned it to the news and i saw something that i would never forget.

I just saw some footage when the planes hit. I cant watch it anymore its just that horrible.

My prayers go out to the familys of the victim's.

Never forget 9/11.

I know i wont.

You know, when i watch a movie where it shows the twin towers i just cant believe that they're gone.

Thank God for the brave men and women who where there in this tragic incident.

*salutes*

2 years... man where does the time go? It makes you think that the time we have on this earth is so short that we tend to take it for granted.

Yes, let's never forget this terrible happening!

I've never before seen anything as spectacular and horrible as this!

I still feel sorry for the victims and their families!

I'll never forget that day. icon12.gif

Its also one reason why I'll enlist in the army, to defend freedom.Let freedom ring.

Just IMO

"Why of course the people don't want war ... But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship ... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger"

Hermann Goering

So are you quoting Goering in reference to Al Queda and the Taliban?

Or in reference to Roosevelt after Pearl Harbor?

Your point being?

The sooner the people forget about it , the better the world will be. How many people USA already killed in retaliation after 11.9.2001? rock.gif

Just IMO

Hermann Goering

So are you quoting Goering in reference to Al Queda and the Taliban?

Or in reference to Roosevelt after Pearl Harbor?

Your point being?

After 11.9.2001 USA began the search for the enemy to blame, and they did find it in the "global terrorism" but you cannon fight it in reality. Do you know that production of narcotics in Afghan increased 10 times in the last 3 years. American troops in Afghan afraid to leave their bases.

Is there still any proof of WMD in IRAQ?

Name one reason for this war besides the vengeance for 1991?

"War of terrorism" became the cover of usual war of conquest.

You do want to give to world freedom? Give freedom but not the democracy dictatorship.

This is a thread about honouring the memory of those who died in the S11 attack - it is not an appropriate place to have politcal debates. This can be done in either the Middle East thread or Iraq thread.

Thank you.

As sept. 11th is coming to end, i will now close the thread.

The world certainly changed after the date and history will judge the day and the particpants.

It is an event that all of us is tied to. It's not something you merely read from a history textbook, but one in making and we are in it. We might make it better or worse for our future generations depending on our [re]action.

So what is the right action? As Chinese saying goes, "To look at the shape of forest you need to be outside of it." In other words, for participants - i.e. those involved, it is hard to judge what post 9-11 would shape up to be, and be seen in future.

We won't know the shape, but we can determine the shape through our actions.

Every action brings reaction. And the road we take in the aftermath of 9-11 will shape the way the human history will proceed. It is a controversial subject when it comes to choosing the road. Some have a particular roadmap, others have different maps.

Taking higher moral grounds is not an easy task, but with 9-11, we have chance to see if we are capable of bringing better world.

Let us take the road, where we will not be ashamed of it in the future, when we look back at this date.