11 september 2001

On 11 September 2001 a series

of attacks were launched on America.

It was a day that many around the

world would never forget.

1.jpg

2.jpg

please pay respect

Please stay on topic or this thread will have a short life-span.

If you see someone spam, it's better to report it to a mod than reply to it (more spam) smile_o.gif

Yeah, make two threads in that case.

Respect to the firemen, police and other victims on this tragic day.

New York is a fantastic city with it's own unique pulse, people and special atmosphere. It is in fact a key city to show how strong an internationalistic and multicultural society really is.

BM

A silent moment for all those who died in this attack, and for all who lost a father, a mother, a sister, a brother or a close friend. And also a silent moment for Annah Lindh who died 5:29 on September eleventh 2003 sad_o.gif

Again my condolences to the real casualties, the families, we almost all know at least someone who has suffered from this despicable act.

It is not clever to think of the what ifs...

But

If only the aircraft heading to the twin towers had crashed, and the two others had hit their targets. It would be an ultimately better outcome. The Pentagon and Whitehouse would be destroyed. Casualties would be a lot less and both these facilities and it's population have a lot more backup plans and would be more prepared than an exclusively civillian target. If i was a terrorist i would have considered the mission a complete failure.

I pay respect to more than 3.000 victims of 9/11/2001.

And I also pay respect to more than 30.000 victims of 9/11/1973.

sad_o.gif

I have deep respect for the familys and friends of the victims, but, may i ask, what happened in 1973?

the_unknown_one

chile liberation

i respect both and give condolences

I have deep respect for the familys and friends of the victims, but, may i ask, what happened in 1973?

the_unknown_one

chile liberation

liberation rock.gif

a violent military coup which led to a bloody dictatorship .... weird liberation ...

chile liberation

Yeah liberation from a democratically elected governement... crazy_o.gif

we beter discuss this in the other 9/11 thread...

could we please stay on topic? rock.gif

yeah yeah

well , at this time on the 11th of september 2001 , i was still on my armchair in the office , calling friends about the event , it was a real shock , and i'm sure it marked all the minds , we should not forget this attack

i am glad of the decisions taken by the New York officials , but i think this ceremony should be as intimate as it should , famillies' pain is harsh enough not to get it over-mediatized and re-used for politics

sad_o.gif i dont think i ever watched tv in such a non stop way than the time after september the 11th, my aunt and uncle were in new york and even considered going to the WTC the day before but decided against...

I couldn't stand watching TV after the tragedy. The meadia were full of wierd speculations and the same terrible pictures over and over. it made me sick how the media were profited from the attacks on 9/11. sad_o.gif

When my friend first called me on 11.9.2001, I thought he was talking about some kind of a sick joke. Couldn't quite believe it, before I got home and checked several websites. Back then I lived with my parents, and told them that two airliners had hit the WTC, both of them did not believe it and dismissed it as an "internet hoax". It's kinda strange how fast information moves through the Internet these days. I knew about the attacks before it was on national television here in Finland.

Almost equally strange is the fact, that now 2 years later, I couldn't have ever thought I would hate the United States of America so much. Especially that warmongering waterhead Texas ranger president - I sincerely hope that he will be driven out of office like a wild dog in the elections next year.

Ooops. I just wrote a rather nasty offtopic rant. Respect to everyone who lost a close person on 9/11, but don't forget those 7000 civilians who died in Iraq this spring in the aftermath ...

To me, 9/11/01 will always represent a huge missed opportunity. For one moment, the sars had aligned, the world was behind us, and we had a chance to really make things better, not only for ourselves, but for everyone around the world who suffers from terrorism. But we didn't, and now we're in a situation where political violence is now even more prevalent than pre-September 11. Oh well.

the_unknown_one

chile liberation

liberation rock.gif

a violent military coup which led to a bloody dictatorship .... weird liberation ...

Sarcasm perhaps? unclesam.gif

2 years already , i cant believe how the time is running quickly

i always remember this day , i was not working , but was in my garage arranging some tools after using them  I was listening a radio station during that , and the radio made a flash-news related to the first attack

I stopped everything, turned on a TV and watched the first images

I couldnt believe what i saw , and when i saw the tower falling on themselves live at the same time a reporter was talking, i cant even describe what i felt as the horror of people dying came in my mind.

May all the people , victims of all those murderers , rest in peace and their family be appeased after those 2 years of sorrow .

All i hope now is that this event can be remembered enough by all those people ruling our different countries to prevent this kind of tragedy to happen again and continue the fight united together , even if "together" thing is unfortunately just a memory now .

yes it was not a very nice thing to see happening live.

I have nothing I can really say, of course I feel sorry for the families and the victims that were striked in the hearts by the cowards of Sept. 11th, but I feel that it not enough. So I made a memorial screenshot to honor the brave Firemen, Policemen, Soldiers who risk their lives to protect us from evil dough-baked people.

WTC_memorial.jpg

America should be placed in the dictionary with a new meaning, "Freedom".

Only it should be written in stone, as it is in real life.

I still have to hold back the tears. I prefer not looking even at the pics at the top of the thread. I lost many weeks of sleep afterwards. No, I didn't personally know a single person who perished that day. It didn't matter.